Hi everyone

In the past I used LEGO pneumatic tanks as water container for my models. Like this it is possible to build working LEGO fire trucks with 100% LEGO parts. However, there may grow fungus in the wet pneumatic tanks since there is always residual water in the tanks after draining them. Therefore, I decided to create custom water tanks with my 3D-Printer. It worked quite well, and I was able to build a 100ml tank with the dimensions 9x9x5 studs and pin holes:

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

And it looks like this in action:

Cheers FT

Edited by functionalTechnic

Oh man, this is super neat. I may have to give this a try with the 3D printer I have access to at my uni.

Wow! Congratulations on a great MOC! Cool end of the video with the real fire being extinguished. :-)

This tank could also be used in other builds such as @Lucio Switch airport fire engine.

I would be interested purchasing one.

Hi everyone

On 1.12.2017 at 11:13 PM, MikroMan said:

Oh man, this is super neat. I may have to give this a try with the 3D printer I have access to at my uni.

I can send you the file but don't forget that you need also two metal tubes and epoxy resin to make it airtight.

On 1.12.2017 at 11:39 PM, Aventador2004 said:

Nice work, can you show some more pictures of the truck?

Thanks. You can finde picture on my webpage: http://www.functionaltechnic.com/airport-rescue-vehicle/

On 2.12.2017 at 1:13 AM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Nice! Do you have a file of the tank so I can print it?

Write an email to functionaltechnic@gmail.com and you will get it. 

On 2.12.2017 at 8:06 AM, WvG_853 said:

Wow! Congratulations on a great MOC! Cool end of the video with the real fire being extinguished. :-)

This tank could also be used in other builds such as @Lucio Switch airport fire engine.

I would be interested purchasing one.

Thanks. This was exactely to intention of this MOC, that it has a working water monitor. Yes, maybe but I think that @Lucio Switch needs bigger volums. At the moment it is only a prototype and I cannot sell it. you can get the 3d printer file if you want. 

On 2.12.2017 at 6:06 PM, Horace T said:

Very clever invention. Now if you could make the water to spray.

H

Thanks. This would be nice but there is not enought pressure available.

Cheers