Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Obviously we have yet to see if the Blue Black Panther will actually be in the film, or if it's just a concept art to merchandise thing

Very minor movie spoilers regarding the suit based on a recent clip below;

Spoiler

The Purple colored Panther is kind of charged with kinetic energy, we see a glimpse of it in a clip. It's the same Armour, the vibranium just powers up very briefly when it receives enough kinetic energy (from gunshots primarily)

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to believe that the D2C is a UCS-style Hulkbuster (I know I'm not the first to mention this). But looking back at the original Hulkbuster head leak (from a few months ago), it's clearly much larger than minifig scale. It doesn't have the two 'notches' at the front like the others do, so I think it's the same dome piece used on the front of Yondu's drill ship from 76080. Also, if the D2C really does release in March, it would make sense that the only unaccounted for figure is Iron Man, the same one that piloted the Hulkbuster in Avengers 2. Lastly, if you compare the leaked head to the AoU Hulkbuster and the IW Hulkbuster, this one is clearly based on the AoU design, not IW, meaning that if we are getting a UCS Hulkbuster, it might not be solely based on IW, which would explain why the mk 43 is included (since it hasn't been confirmed to even be in IW). So, unless the Hulkbuster head leak is fake, it seems like we might have a UCS Hulkbuster coming soon. At least, I think it's the theory that makes the most sense as of right now.

Sorry for the super long post by the way!

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

34 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to believe that the D2C is a UCS-style Hulkbuster (I know I'm not the first to mention this). But looking back at the original Hulkbuster head leak (from a few months ago), it's clearly much larger than minifig scale. It doesn't have the two 'notches' at the front like the others do, so I think it's the same dome piece used on the front of Yondu's drill ship from 76080. Also, if the D2C really does release in March, it would make sense that the only unaccounted for figure is Iron Man, the same one that piloted the Hulkbuster in Avengers 2. Lastly, if you compare the leaked head to the AoU Hulkbuster and the IW Hulkbuster, this one is clearly based on the AoU design, not IW, meaning that if we are getting a UCS Hulkbuster, it might not be solely based on IW, which would explain why the mk 43 is included (since it hasn't been confirmed to even be in IW). So, unless the Hulkbuster head leak is fake, it seems like we might have a UCS Hulkbuster coming soon. At least, I think it's the theory that makes the most sense as of right now.

Interesting thoughts. I think a UCS Hulkbuster would be interesting but I don’t know how well it would sell compared to something like the Avengers HQ, and it’s not as iconic as a vehicle like the Quinjet. I also can’t picture a Hulkbuster big enough to be $160, especially with that dome piece (I think it would be bigger if it was that expensive). I could them them doing a $100 Hulkbuster, though. 

1 hour ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Yep, you've convinced me. Looking at the leaked dome, it's definitely bigger like the one in Ayesha's Revenge. Damn, what a disappointment, really wanted Avengers compound.

1 hour ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Wonderful deduction! I'm at least hoping the model looks good, but I am both disappointed by the concept and the minifigure in question if it really is just a single one. It is not very "UCS" quality.

4 minutes ago, doclord said:

Wonderful deduction! I'm at least hoping the model looks good, but I am both disappointed by the concept and the minifigure in question if it really is just a single one. It is not very "UCS" quality.

Do you mean the figure isn’t high quality enough for a UCS set or that the concept doesn’t seem well suited to be a UCS? 

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Do you mean the figure isn’t high quality enough for a UCS set or that the concept doesn’t seem well suited to be a UCS? 

Both! Not only is the MK. 43 we've seen not exactly up to "UCS standards" with no arm printing, but a Hulkbuster UCS would be even moreso out of scale than the other two. It will most likely be like the UCS TIE Fighter: impressive to look at, but hard to pose with anything but itself.

With any luck it will come with more armors from Iron Man 3 and AOU that we have yet to see in LEGO form.

Edited by doclord

Wow, I suppose the Hulkbuster definitely fits with “good guy vehicle.” It’s definitely an odd choice though.

I mean, it reached 10,000 supporters on Ideas. But there are so many other possibilities they could have used.

31 minutes ago, doclord said:

Both! Not only is the MK. 43 we've seen not exactly up to "UCS standards" with no arm printing, but a Hulkbuster UCS would be even moreso out of scale than the other two. It will most likely be like the UCS TIE Fighter: impressive to look at, but hard to pose with anything but itself.

With any luck it will come with more armors from Iron Man 3 and AOU that we have yet to see in LEGO form.

I feel like the figure is fine enough but it’ll be lame if it’s the only one included. I totally agree on the concept, though. There’s no way that that Hulkbuster head (even if it is the dome from Ayesha’s Revenge) is at a big enough scale for the Hulkbuster to be worth $160. I think a Hulkbuster that big would use a dome even bigger than the old Alien Conquest ones. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I feel like the figure is fine enough but it’ll be lame if it’s the only one included. I totally agree on the concept, though. There’s no way that that Hulkbuster head (even if it is the dome from Ayesha’s Revenge) is at a big enough scale for the Hulkbuster to be worth $160. I think a Hulkbuster that big would use a dome even bigger than the old Alien Conquest ones. 

LOL, $160 is one thing, but I've heard that it might be $200 as well! Both of those prices are ridiculous for only the Hulkbuster.

33 minutes ago, doclord said:

LOL, $160 is one thing, but I've heard that it might be $200 as well! Both of those prices are ridiculous for only the Hulkbuster.

Perhaps the Hulkbuster is only part of the set, we don't know what happens in infinity war, maybe a nicer version of the Hulkbuster is only to complement something larger (I hope)

Just now, grimmfreak said:

Perhaps the Hulkbuster is only part of the set, we don't know what happens in infinity war, maybe a nicer version of the Hulkbuster is only to complement something larger (I hope)

UCS Hulkbuster with buildable Hulk:laugh:

13 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Interesting thoughts. I think a UCS Hulkbuster would be interesting but I don’t know how well it would sell compared to something like the Avengers HQ, and it’s not as iconic as a vehicle like the Quinjet. I also can’t picture a Hulkbuster big enough to be $160, especially with that dome piece (I think it would be bigger if it was that expensive). I could them them doing a $100 Hulkbuster, though. 

Actually I think Hulkbuster is very iconic in the Marvel Universe. Iron man designs, in general, are great and well known. So a giant brick built armor looks cool.

11 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

UCS Hulkbuster with buildable Hulk:laugh:

What if the armor is so big that fits an Iron man in constraction style (like the Star Wars ones), and/or has a constraction Hulk?

2 minutes ago, allstyles said:

if it is a hulkbuster,...  i will have a hard time if i would buy the Lego one or the hot toys version :pir_tong2:

That bad boy goes for a cool G in eBay though...

43 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Actually I think Hulkbuster is very iconic in the Marvel Universe. Iron man designs, in general, are great and well known. So a giant brick built armor looks cool.

What if the armor is so big that fits an Iron man in constraction style (like the Star Wars ones), and/or has a constraction Hulk?

Ugh, no thanks. Constraction figures are okay, but I don’t want the Super Heroes theme to start that again and definitely not with a $160 set. 

Those leaks of Wasp and new Thanos are not fake. They are from one of the most reliable leaker, he has many leaks. Pictures were on his story, so you can't find them really. I reposted them later and they are on my account. They are not fake for 90%

the head piece of hb is too small for 160$ ucs set even with brick-build hulk included. i have no idea what they gonna show us

Edited by mrcngrck

46 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Those leaks of Wasp and new Thanos are not fake. They are from one of the most reliable leaker, he has many leaks. Pictures were on his story, so you can't find them really. I reposted them later and they are on my account. They are not fake for 90%

Wait what leaks? Damn, I'm annoyed I missed them

54 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What is your instagram acount?