Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'm not too sure why people want a Ant-Man & The Wasp set so much, other than potentially for the figures -

Amazing. You answered your own question. Of course people want it for the Wasp. Why get Wasp this summer when we can potentially wait till next year since she's in Avengers 4. Sooner the better

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Amazing. You answered your own question. Of course people want it for the Wasp. Why get Wasp this summer when we can potentially wait till next year since she's in Avengers 4. Sooner the better

Count another for someone who really wants an official Wasp fig. 

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Amazing. You answered your own question.

I was unsure why people would want a Lego Ant-Man & The Wasp set other than potentially for the figures - and you responded saying people want it for the figures :look:

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Why get Wasp this summer when we can potentially wait till next year since she's in Avengers 4. Sooner the better

Debatable - for example this is her Ant-Man & The Wasp outfit;

Spoiler

cbl-08564_r2.jpg

And here is from the end credits of Ant-Man;

Spoiler

landscape-1488980628-ant-man-end-credits
This outfit is rumored to be used in Avengers 4 or potentially the end of Ant-Man & The Wasp when she becomes a fully fledged hero

I'd honestly rather get the end credits / potential Avengers 4 version. Plus if we get a version of Wasp for 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' i would expect chances would diminish in us getting a variant for Avengers 4, and in the long term I'd rather have figures that are more accurate to an Avengers movie than a solo movie - even if that means potentially missing out on MCU figures for Ghost and Goliath

Edited by Scarilian

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'd honestly rather get the end credits/Avengers 4 version. Plus if we get a version of Wasp for 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' i would expect chances would diminish in us getting a variant for Avengers 4, and in the long term I'd rather have figures that are more accurate to an Avengers movie than a solo movie - even if that means potentially missing out on MCU figures for Ghost and Goliath

Why not both? If they made an antman and the wasp set they could use part of the budget for that set for the Wasp helmet mold rather than waste some of the Avengers budget on her. And then that way we would have two variants of the character as well.

I really want a potential Goliath build like Giant Man from the civil war set. Laurence Fishbourne is playing so I think that would be a great set. I’d be highly disappointed if we didn’t get a set or two for the movie.

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'm not too sure why people want a Ant-Man & The Wasp set so much, other than potentially for the figures - and even then we'll get Ant-Man and Wasp either in the exclusive set, D2C OR Avengers 4 sets for certain given they are popular characters. The only thing we may miss out on if we did not get an 'Ant-Man & The Wasp' set would be the villains and potentially the original Hank Pym and Wasp.

Even though there was an error in the set that made it get recalled, the original ant man set was actually a great set in my opinion so I bet the builds would have been good as well. Also ever sense avengers age of ultron we have gotten at least one set for every marvel film and starting with guardians we have gotten at least two sets for every marvel movie so it’s werid to stop now. 

On another note here is some hope. The powerpuff girl sets, which we know we are getting two of and hat are coming in 2018, we’re not in the leaked cateloge so there are sets missing from it so while the current outlook might look bleak, i wouldn’t give up hope on ant man and the wasp sets yet

Guys, this is not a speculation thread. All of this Ant-Man discussion is just entirely speculation at this point. 

Please use this thread to discuss Marvel sets we know about, only. Thanks. :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Why not both? If they made an antman and the wasp set they could use part of the budget for that set for the Wasp helmet mold rather than waste some of the Avengers budget on her. And then that way we would have two variants of the character as well.

I would like both, i just dont think Lego would do it. Lego has been a little reluctant to give variants lately - Black Panther is the only example i can think of and they still re-used one of these variants in Infinity War rather than giving us the variant we needed (Normal suit, closed eyes) I think the budget is more based on a theme for a year rather than for a subtheme of that theme - e.g. having a budget for the Marvel sets as a whole rather than a budget for Avengers sets specifically.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Even though there was an error in the set that made it get recalled, the original ant man set was actually a great set in my opinion so I bet the builds would have been good as well. Also ever sense avengers age of ultron we have gotten at least one set for every marvel film and starting with guardians we have gotten at least two sets for every marvel movie so it’s weird to stop now.

I sort of expect we'll get a set, but i just dont see people hyped for anything other than getting newer figures.

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I was unsure why people would want a Lego Ant-Man & The Wasp set other than potentially for the figures - and you responded saying people want it for the figures :look:

Debatable - for example this is her Ant-Man & The Wasp outfit;

Hide contents

cbl-08564_r2.jpg

And here is from the end credits of Ant-Man;

Hide contents

landscape-1488980628-ant-man-end-credits
This outfit is rumored to be used in Avengers 4 or potentially the end of Ant-Man & The Wasp when she becomes a fully fledged hero

I'd honestly rather get the end credits / potential Avengers 4 version. Plus if we get a version of Wasp for 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' i would expect chances would diminish in us getting a variant for Avengers 4, and in the long term I'd rather have figures that are more accurate to an Avengers movie than a solo movie - even if that means potentially missing out on MCU figures for Ghost and Goliath

Just saying, the suit at the end of Ant-Man is clearly a prototype for the suit in the next film, the design is practically the exact same, except the colours have been muted.

3 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

In an attempt to steer the discussion back on track, Is everyone excited that we are so close to owning the infinity war sets?

I'm one of them. Remember we haven't seen the full information for the builds yet.

Although I know some of them, but I'm excited to see the play feautures of the others.

I really wanted to know more about the escapep pod being able to attach in the new Guardian ship. Also Hulkbuster 2.0 "Go-to-sleep" action if there will be.

ALSO

Just wanted to share this:

Zod legs - Man of Steel / Zod arms - TLBM series 2

Zod minigures is really useful I guess.

7 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm one of them. Remember we haven't seen the full information for the builds yet.

Although I know some of them, but I'm excited to see the play feautures of the others.

I really wanted to know more about the escapep pod being able to attach in the new Guardian ship. Also Hulkbuster 2.0 "Go-to-sleep" action if there will be.

What action features do you know of?

14 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

What action features do you know of?

Water tank being able to open and reveal the Iron Spider suit / A wall that hides the time stone / Thresher weapon, Forgot about the others.

19 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Water tank being able to open and reveal the Iron Spider suit / A wall that hides the time stone / Thresher weapon, Forgot about the others.

wait, so there are alternative clothes for peter parker? or the minifigure has to be taken apart to be able to do that?

18 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

wait, so there are alternative clothes for peter parker? or the minifigure has to be taken apart to be able to do that?

There is no Peter Parker minifig. It's just there. I dunno if it will be a part of a certain scene but it's there. 

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Hulkbuster 2.0 "Go-to-sleep" action if there will be.

Would guess that the Hulkbuster is built asymmetrically with its right side arm being able to move back and forth in a similar way to K-2SO or Skull Basher. Not seeing any other way the 'go to sleep' feature would be adapted for the figure.

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Forgot about the others.

• The Milano has the bike which can drop out similar to the AoU Quinjet
  • The Thresher appears to be able to fire the spinning blade
  • The Wakanda set has a large circular disc on the front which i believe activates something when pushed, probably a collapsing feature that works with the Thresher
2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Water tank being able to open and reveal the Iron Spider suit

2 hours ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Looking at the Sanctum, the Water Tank seems too small to fit a figure, it's only two bricks high... It also does not look like it can open up from the side, so i guess you just pull off the top and use the Water Tower to store the Iron Spider suit - except it does not appear large enough. Here is a dissection of the pieces i believe are used, the circular gap does not seem large enough for a figure.

W3KBRv4.pngSXAUKb2.png

Edited by Scarilian

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Ohhh so they add a feature to hide the suit, implying that this is where Peter Parker goes to change into his suit, yet no Peter Parker minifig? What a confusing missed oppertunity

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

First Ant-Man and The Wasp minifigure leaked! It is Wasp. But not Hope. It's Janet! Looks awesome!

Also, someone has 2018-2019 lego minifigures catalog and there is new Thanos big fig... but its weight differs from March one... so possibly Thanos without armor!

30 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

First Ant-Man and The Wasp minifigure leaked! It is Wasp. But not Hope. It's Janet! Looks awesome!

Also, someone has 2018-2019 lego minifigures catalog and there is new Thanos big fig... but its weight differs from March one... so possibly Thanos without armor!

Where exactly did it leak? Don’t see it on instagram or discord

37 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Can you PM me the link? I can't find it either.

47 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not real, that's a bootleg/Knock Off design. I can tell you that.

And as for the information of Thanos possibly getting a new bigfig without an armor. If you ask me, it is too good to be true. I dunno. 

Don't bother finding it. It's fake guys.

Found this on Instagram, it looks so much better in my opinion. Obviously we have yet to see if the Blue Black Panther will actually be in the film, or if it's just a concept art to merchandise thing

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Not real, that's a bootleg/Knock Off design. I can tell you that.

And as for the information of Thanos possibly getting a new bigfig without an armor. If you ask me, it is too good to be true. I dunno. 

Don't bother finding it. It's fake guys.

Ah, thank you. Too good to be true yet again :laugh: