Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Nvm, just saw it. It looks like Loki's outfit printed on a big fig. It seems real but Jesus Christ how long will it take for us to get a fully iced out Gauntlet? *huh*

Edited by Legocity2713

Yeah I think I'll buy the comic Thanos we have now. I never liked the outfit they gave him in this movie, so I guess we have to wait for infinity war 2 for his fully armored outfit. Hopefully it's not as busy looking as it was in gotg.

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Darn looking at the catalogue images, i think all we might get is a infinity war logo and a 2018 symbol. They did the same thing for the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Sets. Unless we get a different catalogue, we won’t be seeing infinity war sets for a while longer. I am hopefully wrong and the infinity war sets appear soon 

You are right. There's only a page wih a logo and statement that they are coming in March.

Well, overall Thanos looks real but imo there are some flaws that may indicate that this big fig is fake, these flaws are all minor flaws though:

- The printing on his chin looks a bit off.

- The reuse of the WHOLE mold for the Comic Thanos looks very fake to me. I don't think LEGO is that lazy.

New Thanos is really dissapointing tbh. We've known he won't be wearing armor since D23 statue reveal, so Lego had 6 months to make him right! And yet they screwed up again! Honestly I fell like TLBM line of sets was a pinnacle of how much you can do with minifigure, while Marvel sets now are getting sidetracked and designers don't even put much of an effort in making minifigures.

It looks real for me... the only thing that bugs me is the golden helmet that doesn't appear in any trailers/ official design art/ poster etc etc. The design on the out fit is pretty accurate if you compare it to the poster, lines on the chin and the face print convince me that it's actually a legit big figure. I wish that this is not the only Thanos we are getting. 

+ Looking at the new TLBM series 2 figs, general Zod arm printing could be used for Black Panther fig(s)

Hello everyone, I have been following the forum for many years, but I have decided to write just now. I collect Super Heroes, and I'm very excited about the Infinity War line, but now a lot less. The recent leaks do not meet my expectations! We're talking about INFINITY WAR, the most anticipated movie of the year, the 10-year climax of Marvel Studios, why is Lego so lazy ??? Thanos is the biggest disappointment since 2012. I had high expectations, but I would have been satisfied with a COHERENT figure with the character of the film. Why that damn helmet ??? Why recycle the bigfig of comics ??? After seeing Gladiator Hulk, I was sure Thanos would be a success. But no ... I'm really disappointed! My last hope is that it is custom, like the Spiderman minifigure published by Mario, but in this the press seems legitimate. It's so sad...

Perchè Lego? PERCHÈ??? ?

Just now, Alberto Brick said:

Hello everyone, I have been following the forum for many years, but I have decided to write just now. I collect Super Heroes, and I'm very excited about the Infinity War line, but now a lot less. The recent leaks do not meet my expectations! We're talking about INFINITY WAR, the most anticipated movie of the year, the 10-year climax of Marvel Studios, why is Lego so lazy ??? Thanos is the biggest disappointment since 2012. I had high expectations, but I would have been satisfied with a COHERENT figure with the character of the film. Why that damn helmet ??? Why recycle the bigfig of comics ??? After seeing Gladiator Hulk, I was sure Thanos would be a success. But no ... I'm really disappointed! My last hope is that it is custom, like the Spiderman minifigure published by Mario, but in this the press seems legitimate. It's so sad...

Perchè Lego? PERCHÈ??? ?

First of all welcome to EB, You'll enjoy posting and interacting with other members here. 

As for the big figure, I mentioned above that the only gripe I have is the freaking Helmet, it looks dumb sitting in his head with flat gold and doesn't have any printing or design, so the best thing that could happen is having a second thanos big fig but I doubt it will be an easy purchase... **D2C ehem ehem**

This thanos looking at it more, does not look finished. The biggest thing for me is that the shoulder armor and helmet are one color. It looks unfinished. Also we will know if it is a custom or not based on how Lego reacts to this photo. They removed all the other infinity war stuff that has leaked. If they remove the photo it’s real, if they don’t it’s fake

Edited by Falconfan1414

28 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

First of all welcome to EB, You'll enjoy posting and interacting with other members here. 

As for the big figure, I mentioned above that the only gripe I have is the freaking Helmet, it looks dumb sitting in his head with flat gold and doesn't have any printing or design, so the best thing that could happen is having a second thanos big fig but I doubt it will be an easy purchase... **D2C ehem ehem**

thanks for the welcome, my friend! ?

D2C does not contain new molds. If this is legitimate, then it is the only one we receive. At least up to Avengers 4 ?

However ... I have enlarged the image and I must admit that it does not seem to print very well. Guys, I still hope it's Custom ?

I very much like the chest printing on this bigfig, and I like that it’s a bigfig! The arm and hand coloring looks pretty spot on, I like that. But...where’s the Infinity Gauntlet?

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

This thanos looking at it more, does not look finished. The biggest thing for me is that the shoulder armor and helmet are one color. It looks unfinished. Also we will know if it is a custom or not based on how Lego reacts to this photo. They removed all the other infinity war stuff that has leaked. If they remove the photo it’s real, if they don’t it’s fake

This is so true, you make a good point! That was the deal with the “leaked” Iron Spider, which was clearly an edited photo anyways. The difference is this one is in hand, so I can’t wait to see this.

Edited by Aegis2000

I will just remind you guys that Maui bigFig had no printing on back and the leaf skirt were made into trousers Lego really like to cheap up their bigfigs

1 hour ago, Alberto Brick said:

thanks for the welcome, my friend! ?

D2C does not contain new molds. If this is legitimate, then it is the only one we receive. At least up to Avengers 4 ?

However ... I have enlarged the image and I must admit that it does not seem to print very well. Guys, I still hope it's Custom ?

D2C sets do include new molds. The Kwik-E-Mart had the exclusive mold for Snake’s head, and the Silent Mary had exclusive molds for Captain Salazar’s hair as well as the ghost sharks. 

5 minutes ago, Lordofdragonss said:

I will just remind you guys that Maui bigFig had no printing on back and the leaf skirt were made into trousers Lego really like to cheap up their bigfigs

Sorry, I did not understand what you mean ?

GoldenNinja3000, you are right!

Thanos looks like a downgrade from his previous version which had dual molded legs, dual molded helmet and a better facial expression than generic anger that suited the whole 'mad titan' idea.

latest?cb=20151229190217

I hope it is fake, but the small amounts of printing on the new version do look similar.

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

figure is wearing his helmet and shoulder armor that he doesn’t have in Infinity War.

For those remarking on the helmet;
Before he acquires the Infinity Stones he has the Armour, the Russo's decided that when he has the Infinity Stones he wouldn't need the Armour so discards it. As such he should have the Armour at some point in the movie.

This could easily be based on a scene that happens earlier in the movie or concept art that was abandoned.

The hope now is that he gets a better representation in the D2C set OR that this is from the D2C and we get a different variant with the Final Battle set OR the best option where this is fake.

Edited by Scarilian

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

Thanos looks like a downgrade from his previous version which had dual molded legs, dual molded helmet and a better facial expression than generic anger that suited the whole 'mad titan' idea.

latest?cb=20151229190217

I hope it is fake, but the small amounts of printing on the new version do look similar.

For those remarking on the helmet;
Before he acquires the Infinity Stones he has the Armour, the Russo's decided that when he has the Infinity Stones he wouldn't need the Armour so discards it. As such he should have the Armour at some point in the movie.

This could easily be based on a scene that happens earlier in the movie or concept art that was abandoned.

The hope now is that he gets a better representation in the D2C set OR that this is from the D2C and we get a different variant with the Final Battle set OR the best option where this is fake.

I guess he could be wearing it at some point, but it looks like he’s without it for the majority of the film. I hope we get a second version in the D2C, since this one is most likely real. Also, the old Thanos didn’t even have dual molded anything- he just had blue printing on a gold body. 

I keep looking at the press and some lines seem wrong. It can not be Lego's work for the biggest Marvel film ever. I could accept two versions of the character, if that means having at least one decent ?

The thing is, I don't believe we've ever had Bigfig arms and hands in that lilac color before, so how could those have been obtained if this was a fake? 

I suppose someone could have painted over them for that color, maybe?

7 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I’d have to place my money on concept art, as the set Thanos appears in in this wave is called “Thanos: The Last Battle.” It wouldn’t be anything early on in the film.

6 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Also, the old Thanos didn’t even have dual molded anything- he just had blue printing on a gold body. 

My mistake, thought it was dual molded. Still looks better in regards to the helmet though - The MCU version is very similar to the comics being primarily blue.

902322-thanos-008.jpg

I think we all have to face the harsh reality that if this is real, it’s has to do with money. New regular molds cost around 10,000 US dollars (I remember correctly) for Lego to make. I’m not sure how much it would be for a big fig. Lego probably decided to save money here because they knew everyone would buy this set because thanos was in it so they decided not to do a new mold and save money

Edited by Falconfan1414

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think we all have to face the harsh reality that if this is real, it’s has to do with money. New regular molds cost around 10,000 US dollars (I remember correctly) for Lego to make. I’m not sure how much it would be for a big fig. Lego probably decided to save money here because they knew everyone would buy this set because thanos was in it so they decided not to do a new mold and save money

It makes no sense to save on the main villain of the film. The bad that we have been waiting for since 2012! Have they made new molds for Loki, for Ultron, for Hela, for Ronan, and save for Thanos? It makes sense to save for the Outriders, or on the press of arms and legs. And in fact they have saved ?

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I get why it happened, I'm just waiting for that one standout figure to be revealed - the one where they put all this money they were saving and effort into. The figure where i kind of don't mind the others lacking as much detail because they put a ton of detail into one.

At the moment Cull Obsidian/Black Dwarf and the new Spider-man suit seems the only hope for that - which is a bit unfortunate.

Though in theory we could get Thanos variants for the 2019 Avengers, as Infinity War was originally meant to be a two-parter and in theory it's possible we could see Thanos again if he survives/returns after Infinity War.