- - - - -

SUMMARY

• Participating members
    • Professor Thaum
  • Participating vessels
    • Andromeda
  • Point of start: Tortuga
  • Characters
    • Doctor Thaum and his merry men ( Capt. Barney Wolf, Bosun Saul Spillet, apprentice Iauln, the trusted Callaghan and the crew of Andromeda even if Dr Thaum and some characters will leave for other destination during the hunt )
  • Troops
    • None

Nowaday, a dark dusk in Tortuga...

lmf4.jpg

Dr Thaum : Sorry for the last time Callaghan, I think you were right, I threw a fit for nothing. Your idea was definetly a good one that will serve my purpose.

Callaghan : You're welcome Sir... I'm used to...

Capt. B. Wolf (from the deck) : We have to sail Oliver, else we are going to miss the tide...

Dr Thaum : I know Barney, but we are missing a very important stuff, Carloni is late I'm afraid !

Iauln : Were are we sailing doctor ?

Dr Thaum : We are going off in search of adventure and freedom, my boy !

Iauln : YEAAAH !!!

A voice : Hey !! You !!! Here you are so dauntless Captain Barney Wolf and doctor Thaum !!

xqry.jpg

Dr Thaum : What is this cuckoo ??

Capt. Wolf : A priest of Poseidon, certainly.

Priest : Would you be fool enough to sail away with another ship without a substancial offering to the God of the Seas !!!

Dr Thaum : A chest of fob  for this firebrand, Barney !

Capt. Wolf : Dodson, please...

Dodson : aye aye Sir !

yk3z.jpg

Dr Thaum : Here you are kind sir...

Priest : May the blessing of the Brick Seas be with you and the Andromeda !!

Later on...

Harbormaster : Dr Thaum !! Dr Thaum !!

7p1k.jpg

Dr Thaum : yes ?

Harbormaster : Maestro Carloni BENEDETTO have a message for you : " The order is en route to the dock but is very tricky to transport safely" but he will arrive soon.

and another one from me : " I have eight children !"

Dr Thaum : ???? And so ?

Harbormaster : So I can't let you leave Tortuga without paying.

Dr Thaum : It's a fade, by Jove !

Harbormaster : the Gargoyle, the Eagle and now a big class 7 frigate !! I'm afraid you're off limit for MRCA shipping...

Dr Thaum : Even ashore, a rat stay a rat ! Dodson please, another fob...

au3r.jpg

Dr Thaum : This one for you harbormaster, hope it please your large family.

Harbormaster : Thanks a lot my Lord !

Dr Thaum : We will sail hunting for this old Red Oktober as soon as Carloni arrived with my parcel, Barney. Get ready !

Capt. Wolf : OK Oliver... OK.

Dr Thaum : How many does this small delay cost me Callaghan ?

Callaghan : Almost 250 DBs, Doctor...

PS : Barney Wolf is the name of my 8 year old son's wubby... any ressemblance with actual BoBs gamemaster is purely accidental but it's fine for me :devil:

Another built to come with the special stuff of the doctor and the Andromeda will sail for hunting Red Oktober.

The gamemaster, could open a PM with me if he needs some further informations about true goals of the expedition.

Edited by Professor Thaum

Carloni worked hard a part of the night to finish the doctor's order...

3mvs.jpg

and finally on the deck of the Andromeda :

f78g.jpg

Capt. B. Wolf : Another blasted thing on my ship, Oliver... What's hell is that ?

Dr Thaum : That's my secret, but you will have to take a special care of this crate, put it with the ropes and lock it well, Barney

Capt. B. Wolf : Yes, we will be carefull, Oliver, and...

Iauln : CAAAST OOOOOFF !!!

Dr Thaum : please my boy, only the captain or the bosun could order maneuver on a ship, and that's not under complain ! Thanks Carloni, your price will be mine.

Carloni BENEDETTO : You'll fix it with my brother Doctor. Allways a pleasure working for some aesthete.

ALL IS READY LET'S ADVENTURE BEGIN !

@Professor Thaum

After a couple weeks at sea, Captain Barney Wolf had decided that a stop had to be made before reaching the planned destination. After an evening of planning in the grande cabin including a dart game with their map, it was decided that stopping in Pontelli would be a good idea. Having to spend a night in the town anyways, Dr Thaum had decided to explore the town hoping to maybe get some more information. His name had spread to here - in the street, a scientist approached him.
“Doctor” he says, “You are a man of science?” “Yes?” “Excellent. I have been experimenting with flight, via balloons filled with hot aires.” “But I have found problems in my designs. Perhaps you could help a fellow scientist out, and we could work towards building something that really flies!” 

Option 1: I don't care: Show the crew of the Andromeda navigating away from Pontelli towards wherever you are sailing...

Option 2: Help the Scientist develop a better hot air balloon, but risk angering the gods…

Option 3: sabotage the scientist, and gain the blessing of the gods, but the wrath of Pontelli...

One build required to progress, but more are encouraged. Are you too busy to take the opportunities on your way?

INDEX

• Summary
  • Chapter 1: Prelude to departure
  • Chapter 2 : Go east !

- - - - -

SUMMARY

• Participating members
    • Professor Thaum
  • Participating vessels
    • Andromeda
  • Characters
    • Doctor Thaum and his merry men ( Capt. Barney Wolf, Bosun Saul Spillet, apprentice Iauln, the trusted Callaghan and the crew of Andromeda even if Dr Thaum and some characters will leave for other destination during the hunt )
  • Troops
    • None

---------------------------------------------------------

A strange man awaited for the Andromeda at the port of Pontelli, he called himself the Magnificent Sven, he quickly ask for a meeting with the doctor Thaum. This one understanding that the man was a story of his own invited him on the Andromeda and they spent many time in the doctor's cabin in the ship. Then, the man return to the city.

The following morning, the Andromeda left Pontelli for the high sea, the sailors then quickly set a floating dock just beside the ship.

In the turquoise blue sea offshore of Pontelli :

Callaghan : Doctor, you sure he will come ? We are far away of the shore now. And this jury-rigged dock looks bad to me !

Dr Thaum : Sure he will Callaghan ! Just have a look up !

dj7b.jpg

Magnificent Sven : Ship ahoy !!

Callaghan : gasp !! doctor what's this !!!

Dr Thaum : A balloon of course !

Iauln : Great !!

A few seconds later, the flying ballon crashed into the sea near the floating dock

8hgy.jpg

Dr Thaum : Welcome aboard, Sven, your balloon is not perfect, indeed, but I think we may do some odd jobs for it ! So you say you need a more effcient flying balloon to reach Celestia, isn't it ?

Sven : Yes, the search for the mythical orchid has begun, and I wouldn't miss this !! And I have no ship for the travel ! I only have my balloon !

Dr Thaum : Now that I can see it, I've noticed that this is a closed one !

Sven : Yes, I fill it with hot air, then knot it and let him rise ...

Dr Thaum : ...and when the air is not enough hot anymore, you fall...

Sven : Yes...

Dr Thaum : You won't go to Celestia with such a tricky mean of transport...

Sven : That's why I came to you...

**** almost 3 hours vanished in scientific talks****

Dr Thaum : The solution is a constant flow of hot air through the balloon, with a portable fire just below the ballon mouth.

Sven : But, it's impossible to have enough wood, paper or coal to make a descent fire aboard the balloon !

Dr Thaum : Sure, but I discovered something while testing new oven for a rum distillery, the heated steam toss a copper dome against the ceiling, and it stayed a while before crashing to the ground, I have this steam bottled and I always keep some with me...

sx0q.jpg

Sven : They seem so light !

Dr Thaum : Beware Sven, I not sure it will not explode. Arnold is setting a big tank of this on a row boat and Callaghan will attach the balloon to the boat, and then we will fly to Celestia !!

Sven : You come with me ??!!

Dr Thaum : Sure, The Great Celestia Orchid... I'm tempted ! Iauln and Callaghan will come too !

Iauln : Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!

Callaghan : Eh !!???

PLAOUUUUF !!

Dr Thaum : You're a bonehead Callaghan !!! Stop playing in the sea and set up the yards on the balloon !

*** and finally***

Sven : Oliver ! this is wonderful !! A true miracle !!! With this balloon we will make a round-the-world trip !!!

Dr Thaum : Keep calm my friend, we certainly needed to refuel in Tortuga before reaching Celestia.

wfkt.jpg

1mbn.jpg

Iauln : I am the king of the world !!!! Wouh ! Wouh  !! Wouh !!!

Callaghan : Heavens !! We will all soon die !!

Dr Thaum : Shut up and row Callaghan !! This balloon, the sails and the boat are good stuff... no risk ! 

rdl4.jpg

o4pe.jpg

Sven : Wonderful !!! This is wonderful !!!

Dr Thaum : Bye Barney !! You carry on with the Andromeda, find the LaCrosse and Red Oktober, I will comeback as soon as possible !!

Capt. Wolf : OK Oliver, have a nice trip !

The doctor, Iauln and Callaghan are off AMRCA for the Celestia Orchid hunt, but the Andromeda and its crew remain on duty.

C&C welcome.

@Professor Thaum

With the help of the floating deck the Andromeda managed to leave Pontelli earlier than anticipated; the area where they suspected the wreck was quickly reached. Looking at the flat sea, a new problem appeared - how were they going to find the wreck? No sign could be spotted from atop the vessel, but maybe something could be done...

Option 1 - We have spotted some natives around here; maybe they know something. Show your crew "interviewing" some natives about the location of the wreck
Option 2 - We have the technology, and lots of old clothes! Use technology you recently helped improve to get a better overview of the area and maybe spot the wreck
Option 3 - We go diving! Show your crew diving in various locations hoping to find the wreck by dump luck

I choose something about the second solution :

INDEX

• Summary
  • Chapter 3 : Fly on glide

- - - - -

SUMMARY

• Participating members
    • Professor Thaum
  • Participating vessels
    • Andromeda
  • Characters
    • Doctor Thaum's merry men ( Capt. Barney Wolf, Bosun Saul Spillet, and the crew of Andromeda )
  • Troops
    • None

Somewhere in MRCA 13 zone.

The Andromeda is at anchor, searching for the LaCrosse wreck

Sailor : No clue about any wreck captain, but the sea is endless, you sure we're in the right place ?

Capt B. Wolf : Yes, we are, but you're right, the sea is endless and with no clue on the surface, it will be a hard task.
unwm.jpg

S. Spillet : With the balloon of that lunatic doctor, we could have a look from above...

Capt B. Wolf : I'm not a man of science, Saul, I'm unable to built such a crazy stuff...

zvgq.jpg

S. Spillet : I've ever been told that a bowsprit could fly without the ship attached to him...

Capt B. Wolf (to the crew) : Bring me the spare bowsprit and a spritsail !!

a few time of do-it-yourself later

Capt B. Wolf : Congratz Smithy ! You won the right to ride this new... thing ! I'm jealous !

Smithy : Errr... thanks captain...

gbjc.jpg

S. Spillet : Here are some equipment for you, a torch to lit this bottled Greek fire sample upgraded by the doctor. Just lit the bottle when you find the wreck and drop it over.

eogo.jpg

kooq.jpg

S. Spillet : This works pretty easy, you only have to sheet in or to free to change the bearing capacity... And dont worry, you won't sink, the rigging and the sail are well tarred !

Smithy : Errr... I'm pretty worried...

hz2n.jpg

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Smithy : Hey, this stuff is very fast, what a funny ride !

hhyh.jpg

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Smithy : Reeuuuaaaarg !!! A little bit too fast !!!

jcsr.jpg

Smithy : Damn it ! Damn it !! Where is the wateeeeer !!! AAAh ! AAAAAAH !!!

ublo.jpg

Smithy : Hey, this hell of a stuff seems to be working, I'm flying !! And I can see a shipwreck here ! Time to use the doctor's bottled fire !

c0cu.jpg

Smithy : well tarred !!! AAAAAARGHH !

vprz.jpg

S. Spillet : LEEWARD !!!

n5ey.jpg

dg71.png

Capt. B. Wolf : THAT'S THE SIGNAL !!! Wow ! He pulls out all the stops !! (To the crew) ready to cast off !! And ready to the rowboat !

b351.jpg

Smithy (falling in fire) : AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

a few time later

3ukj.jpg

Sailor : Well done Smithy !! You're a real poobah !!! That rocked !!!

Smithy : AAAAAH !!! AAAAH !!! Where is my mother !!! I want to go home !!!!

@Professor Thaum

A now hairless Smithy sat in the corner of the Captains' cabin rocking in the fetal position mumbling nearly audible words mostly sounding like flames, flying, mommy, and home.  

Finally after what seemed like hours Smithy shares with Capitan B. Wolf what he saw before going up in flames, destroying the spare bowspirit and sail.

Smithy: There are two wrecks Sir, one appears to be wedged in the rocks on a shelf ready to plunge into the deep at the right tide.  She appears to be mostly intact but, the only way in would be the stern as the decks are littered with large rocks . . . 

Smithy's gaze went blank and he began mumbling about flames again ... 

Captain B. Wolf: Smithy! You said there were two wrecks? What of the other?

Smithy: Sorry Sir ... The other is more broken up but still has large sections intact. That may be due to the reef shes resting on ... Im sure with low tide she will be mostly out of water.

S.Spillet: Alas to what wreck do we explore first Captain?

Option A) wait for low tide and explore the shallow wreck that will be mostly out of water but badly broken up.
(build should include above and below water including part of the reef)

Option B) explore the fully submerged wreck before she slides off the shelf and is lost forever.
(build should include how the crew accesses the ship and what ways they devise to breathe since regular surfacing is not feasible)

One build is required to progress but more are encouraged, however only one wreck may be explored this turn ... choose wisely.

INDEX

• Summary
  • Chapter 4 : Reef diving
  • SUMMARY

• Participating members
    • Professor Thaum
  • Participating vessels
    • Andromeda
  • Characters
    • Doctor Thaum's merry men ( Capt. Barney Wolf, Bosun Saul Spillet, and the crew of Andromeda )
  • Troops
    • None

I choosed the option B... only one member of the crew could access the wreck, with the doctor's special stuff that was boxed here :

f78g.jpg

The wreck with a diver under a diving bell, a masterpiece of glass blowing by master C. BENEDETTO

zv6g.jpg

nq01.jpg

x73r.jpg

g921.jpg

The diver and a squid :

e7fs.png

dj4o.jpg

lpgg.jpg

u8qd.jpg

74qf.jpg

0b32.jpg

C&C welcome, I know there is too much brightness on the pics but I'm not skillet with any pics software, I will ask my wife if she could correct this.

Great moc! I like the wreck lying on seabed, surrounded by all sorts of algae and seaplants, the diving bell is very well built as well!

Love that squid!!  Brilliant parts usage! :wub:  And excellent job with the underwater vegetation and those wrecks too! :thumbup:

Great wreckage and seabed! I'll be on the look out on how this story continuous. 

This is excellent stuff! I don't know how it came that Dr. Thaum is facing this series of challenges, but he's doing extremely well.

I loved that bit with the balloon (of course) and the underwater wreck is just great.

Great re-use of that old moon baseplate too. :thumbup:

On 24/03/2018 at 2:54 PM, Bodi said:

Great moc! I like the wreck lying on seabed, surrounded by all sorts of algae and seaplants, the diving bell is very well built as well!

On 24/03/2018 at 3:30 PM, Garmadon said:

Love that squid!!  Brilliant parts usage! :wub:  And excellent job with the underwater vegetation and those wrecks too! :thumbup:

On 24/03/2018 at 6:45 PM, Bart said:

Great wreckage and seabed! I'll be on the look out on how this story continuous. 

On 27/03/2018 at 9:05 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

This is excellent stuff! I don't know how it came that Dr. Thaum is facing this series of challenges, but he's doing extremely well.

I loved that bit with the balloon (of course) and the underwater wreck is just great.

Great re-use of that old moon baseplate too. :thumbup:

Thanks all for the nices comments :thumbup:

This AMRCA was made to come up  with this sort of built so I was prepared to built it. The wreck comes from the BBB (slighly modified).

I had the idea of the diving bell and so this AMRCA when I gain the trans clear part of the diving bell (as a bonus in a big big bricklink order).

My only regret is not having enough grey tiles to fully tile the two baseplates. But I'm pretty satisfied with the result and to have some comments from builders, and not the leasts.

Thanks guy I feel myself honored, really !

@Professor Thaum

As the last load was hauled up from the deep the man in the glass diving bell was slowly brought to the surface … something the Professor had learned from previous experiments.  Bringing a man up too quickly was something that shouldn’t be treated at sea … bleeding ears an all.

The orders were given to finish stowing the haul and finish surfacing the diver (476 DB’s added to the adventure treasury)

Before the man reached the surface the lookout cried out “There’s a Catamaran Capsized! Looks to be natives Sir! Sharks are swarming!

What’s our next course of action?

1)      We have a hold full of a great haul, the natives don’t concern us lets head for home

-          One build required showing the Haul being secured and the ship being made ready for sail.

2)      Make ready for guests, we have a duty to rescue those natives from sharks!

-          One Build Required showing the Natives being rescued

3)      There’s another wreck to explore and those Natives will keep the sharks away!

-          One Build Required showing the Crew exploring the partially submerged wreck during low tide

Note: Only one option can be chosen this turn and the unchosen options will not necessarily be available next turn … choose wisely.

Regardless of the option you choose, one build is required for turn progression, however more are encouraged if helpful to your story progression.

•  
Edited by Roadmonkeytj

@Professor Thaum: It was indeed the LaCrosse. However, no traces of the red october were found on this wreck. Maybe the natives or the other wreck holds some clues?

INDEX

• Summary
  • Chapter 1 : Prelude to departure
  • Chapter 4 : Reef diving
  • Chapter 5 : Jaws
  • SUMMARY

• Participating members
    • Professor Thaum
  • Participating vessels
    • Andromeda
  • Characters
  • Troops
    • None

Cap. B. Wolf : Foretop ! Where is this catamaran !

Foretop : Leeward captain !

xvwz.jpg

7c96.jpg

Saul Spillet : Right captain, a capsized catamaran with 2 natives ran aground on a reef, some sharks are roaming around.

sre0.png

o25h.jpg

Cap. B. Wolf : Let bear away ! Ready to the row boats ! Don't forget some weapons, and bring those one back to the Andromeda...

(to Saul) Perhaps they know something about Red Oktober.

pfoa.png

Senior Sailor : Pull your oars !! Pull away lads !!

Saul Spillet : Errrr... Captain... take look (giving the lens)

zoc5.png

Cap. B. Wolf : Ouch ! Battle station for the starboard underdeck battery Saul ! Helm, bring her to port !

Saul Spillet : Battery 1 run out the guns !! Leeward to the reef !!

ilwq.jpg

just a bit further

bpte.png

Senior Sailor : Pull away !! Pull away !!

rower : Ougl !

again a bit further

yyvr.png

Native 1  : Here !!!!  Texohamataztlan !!!

Native 2Aaaaaaarr.... ( ended in a hideous inhuman gurgling )

Jaws : GNAP !

On the Andromeda

Cap. B. Wolf : Gosh !! That thing must be about half a cable's length !! It is just starboard to the reef ! Fire !

Saul Spillet : Gunners... 105 degrees !! and fire !

kzce.jpg

BAAAAOUMMMMM

Sailors : Come here boy ! You don't want to stay here when this thing will come back ! And so we don't !

Senior Sailor : Hurry guys !!! The gun of the Andromeda are useful against a ship, but I'm not sure for that kind of shark !

hpqd.png

On the Andromeda

tx2x.jpg

Saul Spillet : I think you have to open the storeroom, captain, and keep the rum flowing.

If the men are drunk, perhaps they will forget to tell our encounter to the doctor... I'm not sure I will be happy to go after this thing !

Captain B. Wolf : You're right Saul... 

After the precious haul, the diving bell, the row boats, and the native survivor have been all aboard...

Captain B. Wolf  (to the crew) : You've make it big guys ! That was a good day !! Bosun, double ration of rum all around !!

Crew : YEEEEEEEEPEEEE !!!!  HEEEEE HAAA !!!

C&C welcome

I choose the option 2, to rescue the natives... the only native left, to be correct.