Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

[OL - FB] - The ugly Clock Tower

Hello guys! It's been a while since I've built something semi-substantial! Well...

The story goes that the King wanted to make a gift at RNTC so he hired a foreign renown architect to build a clock tower. But the citizens of Lavalette disliked this ugly and blunt building, believing that it is not representing the actual grandeur of Oleon.

37449649560_22c4f812d6.jpg  

- And here I present you the ugliest building in Lavalette. That dull clock tower. Of course it is a gift from our gracious King but I believe his staff chose the architect poorly. I mean we are Oleanders, not some cave dwellers! They say the architect was a Corrish one. You know, time-lovers etc... pfff. All I can say is that time is a burden when you have friends, good food and good wine...

- You are absolutely right! Well, we did our part for international understanding... now... what do we do with it?

-  It should become the victim of a certain earthquake as soon as possible. Hopefully the King won't notice (or won't care).

- I'll drink to that... tonight!

37658317416_42961a736b_c.jpg 

Well, that happens when you hire an architect of another culture to build you a public building :wink:

37449641890_b11d074577_c.jpg

This is going to be licensed as a medium Education building in Lavalette. Thanks for watching!

Wow, what a monstrosity - classic Corrish design and purpose :grin:

At least you did your part for befriending our northern neighbor :thumbup:

The surroundings are pretty neat, and I'm just loving the Oleanders' faces :laugh:

Looks like it's... time for a feast!

Perfect selection for the faces. It may be a minor detail, but it makes the scene all that much more fun. 

The tower may not be attractive, but you do have some nice greebling, and it's neat to see that you didn't set is squarely on the base. 

:laugh:That's a dungeon, the architect did that on purpose, to sabotage the fragile relationship between Oleon and Corrington.

Nice trees!

That is a nice heavy clock tower. Those Oleanders just can not appreciate quality work. :pir-tongue:

Edited by Drunknok

You see, what the form loving Oleonader spectators don't realise, is that it was build solid deliberately in an attempt to Hurricane proof it... as Spud said, function over form! Good to see some order being brought to Oleons settlements!

Jokes aside it is actually an ok looking tower and I need to get me some of those clock faces! The expressions on the minifigs faces are perfect for the story!

Great build! I like the utilitarian style. Sadly most of Oleon wouldn't agree.

On 10/15/2017 at 5:00 PM, Kolonialbeamter said:

Wow, what a monstrosity - classic Corrish design and purpose :grin:

At least you did your part for befriending our northern neighbor :thumbup:

The surroundings are pretty neat, and I'm just loving the Oleanders' faces :laugh:

Looks like it's... time for a feast!

Thanks KB! Now let's eat!

On 10/15/2017 at 5:25 PM, Captain Genaro said:

Perfect selection for the faces. It may be a minor detail, but it makes the scene all that much more fun. 

The tower may not be attractive, but you do have some nice greebling, and it's neat to see that you didn't set is squarely on the base. 

Thanks! Initially I wanted to put a screaming face on one of the two lads but it was too far fetched :tongue: And regarding the tower it has totally wrong proportions (mid section should be a lot larger) and despite the limited greebling, it looks boring to me, hence the title :wink:

On 10/15/2017 at 5:46 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Very nice build. Function over form I say, nothing wrong with ugly if it works!

Thanks!

On 10/16/2017 at 3:05 AM, Bodi said:

:laugh:That's a dungeon, the architect did that on purpose, to sabotage the fragile relationship between Oleon and Corrington.

Nice trees!

Thanks! Yeap, COR - OL relationship will never be the same any more :laugh:

On 10/16/2017 at 3:24 AM, Lord Buckethead said:

What a lovely clocktower, Lavalette truly is lucky to have it. 

Thanks!

On 10/16/2017 at 11:19 AM, Drunknok said:

That is a nice heavy clock tower. Those Oleanders just can not appreciate quality work. :pir-tongue:

Meh, other than heavy there is nothing nice on it :tongue:

22 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

You see, what the form loving Oleonader spectators don't realise, is that it was build solid deliberately in an attempt to Hurricane proof it... as Spud said, function over form! Good to see some order being brought to Oleons settlements!

Jokes aside it is actually an ok looking tower and I need to get me some of those clock faces! The expressions on the minifigs faces are perfect for the story!

Hurricane proof? Oh, that's why... Regarding the clock piece, I wanted ir for a long time (along with the one with the Roman numbers) but couldn't find it in a decent price at BL until recently. Do try it. It is really versatile for clock-whatever buildings

18 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Great build! I like the utilitarian style. Sadly most of Oleon wouldn't agree.

Thanks but you are right. Three out of four Oleanders, find that tower downright ugly :laugh: