Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Received it yesterday, just started tonight and have completed bags 1 & 2. Only 15 to go :classic:

I wish they would tell you what spare parts are left after each bag because I always question if I’ve missed something!

I must admit, it was pretty predictable this wouldn't be available during the Oct double VIP - that's why I got mine at launch. Even without Lego vastly underestimating demand, most popular items are backordered within hours of the VIP sale starting.

2 hours ago, Mr Hobbles said:

I must admit, it was pretty predictable this wouldn't be available during the Oct double VIP - that's why I got mine at launch. Even without Lego vastly underestimating demand, most popular items are backordered within hours of the VIP sale starting.

I also dont understand why the bonus VIP set with the small store part and brickbuild VIP card was not given from the 1. October, but instead from the 10. October. Te bonus was for purchase over 120Eur if i remember - unlike ussuall 55-60Eur, so like it was ment for the Falcon. Bu given the situation around i went to the store on Monday October 2nd (October 1st was not opened in Viena), waited in the line and secured my Falcon "only" with regular VIP points and a small ninjago polybag ....

Well, daughters are sleeping, should go to building - currently at bags 7

16 hours ago, BucketWheelExcavator said:

I wish they would tell you what spare parts are left after each bag because I always question if I’ve missed something!

Actually that's very easy in this case. I only had the usual small parts left after each step and only one of them. Quite often I also had a 1x2 grill or something like that left, which meant that I missed it somewhere. 

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Actually that's very easy in this case. I only had the usual small parts left after each step and only one of them. Quite often I also had a 1x2 grill or something like that left, which meant that I missed it somewhere. 

After bag one and two I was content, seemed to have quite a few small pieces after bag three but I don’t think I missed anything. 

When is your reiview up Jim? 

Just now, BucketWheelExcavator said:

When is your reiview up Jim? 

Hopefully next week. Have been sick the entire week, so I haven't been able to work on it like I planned to. Pictures are mostly done. Still doing the comparison with the 10179 part and the conclusion/verdict.

7 hours ago, Jim said:

After two building processes I had two 2x4 and one 1x4 plate in LBG left :laugh: Of course I checked and rechecked the manual for any mistakes that I made, but in these processes these parts werent even used at all. Imagine my surprise!

1 hour ago, Jim said:

@Sir von Lego Stop promoting your webshop!

I didn't promote anything, just a chance to win this set for free. I even removed the name, but I will stop to post anything, understood.

Not entirely happy! Ordered this set on launch day. Straight to back ordered as expected. Given a shipping date of the 12th of October. Right on que goes to "In Warehouse" then "In process". This morning "Backordered" and now given a shipping date of 9th of November! ?

Edited by SeanRicho
Typo

Hello all, new member but long time observer. I was able to grab my 75192 on the 14th of September by calling Lego directly the morning of release, as soon as the phone tree opened I got a representative after about being on hold for 8 minutes....all the while refreshing online to see if the stupid "add to bag" came up. About the time I was getting booted out of shop at home I got a rep and she took the order and my information and I got a confirmation email about an hour later. I got it in the mail the following Saturday and my son and I are now plowing through it. Great site, hope everyone's endeavors to get this great set comes to fruition as quickly as possible!

On 10/10/2017 at 7:44 PM, Schneeds said:

Just received a Lego catalog in the mail and the MF is conspicuously absent from it.  Whether or not the shortage is deliberate they sure screwed the pooch on this release. 

They certainly did!!! Still waiting  but its ok eventually it will come..

The current VIP set giveaway with brick built VIP card on Lego S@H would be a perfect set to offer in black to black MF VIP card holders as an exclusive. If only it was 2018.  

On 10/12/2017 at 9:13 AM, BucketWheelExcavator said:

Indeed. I ended up with ~140 extra pieces! They were all singles and 1x1 or otherwise unique. I'm gonna use the extra greeblies to detail the front between the mandibles.

20171015_221927

I notice that the Chinese copy of this set is going to be available soon. Well done LEGO on screwing up this release so badly that the counterfeit maker is going to get production going before you can. I hope this doesn't harm sales, but I really do feel that they've shot themselves in the foot this time. £150 for the copy, or £650 for the real thing............................

4 hours ago, sed6 said:

Indeed. I ended up with ~140 extra pieces! They were all singles and 1x1 or otherwise unique. I'm gonna use the extra greeblies to detail the front between the mandibles.

The two Plate, Round 2 x 2 with Rounded Bottom (Boat Stud) are not correct as left over. They should be used somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Markalus said:

What about the LBG tubing? Surely that is not leftover? 

That is a correct leftover.

My review is scheduled for publication upcoming weekend. I will make sure to include a picture of my leftover parts.

They are used at the bottom of the hull plating. There's a lot of plating, so it's hard to tell. You have two options; go through the manual and check every step. Or.....simply don't care about them :wink: 

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

They are used at the bottom of the hull plating. There's a lot of plating, so it's hard to tell. You have two options; go through the manual and check every step. Or.....simply don't care about them :wink: 

"Darnit Jim...I'm an OCD perfectionist builder not a casual!" :)

5 hours ago, Flandy said:

I notice that the Chinese copy of this set is going to be available soon. Well done LEGO on screwing up this release so badly that the counterfeit maker is going to get production going before you can. I hope this doesn't harm sales, but I really do feel that they've shot themselves in the foot this time. £150 for the copy, or £650 for the real thing............................

Copy?