Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

35385838242_6ec599587e_m.jpg 

I really like this one that has been along side with @ETELENZOS92 posts. It proves that you can have a load of rooms in Hogwarts and not have them tiny although I'd hope for even bigger with a $500 price tag

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

And there's no way we aren't getting Tina, Queenie, or Jacob. They wouldn't do that.

That is really odd with the line up, one of them is probably in the small FB set, but where to put the rest in the D2C?!

1 hour ago, doclord said:

That's what makes me think it's real. An obvious fake would have ones like Umbridge, Moody, Bellatrix and others that will most likely appear in an expensive set like the D2C.

Also, a friend pointed out that all the figures are from Books 1-3.

43 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Totally agree. I remember a similar conversation when the Disney series was released. Just because it seems like a bit of a random list does not mean it is fake; in fact it's normally the opposite. At least here's hoping!

Yes, it is like with the 14 minifigs, it is so crazy it is probably right :tongue: The ghosts would be perfect to add to the D2C also, so it makes sense..

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So here is something interesting. If the set and minifigure series are true then this might point to a few things about the Hogwarts castle. One, it seems they are going more Harry Potter than fantastic beasts so we might not see any characters from fantastic beasts in Hogwarts. Also they seem to be avoiding repeats...so this might mean we will see a lot of exlclusive characters in Hogwarts

Yes still a few to chose from, but odd if they not include the mains from FB:wacko:

1 hour ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

In the Afroman list on IG there are three minifigures on the HP CMF list that actually are unnamed... Hope for that three and the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw students maybe where the two unnamed minifigures on the 14 list of the Great Hall set

It would be socking if all this figs are legit and they manage not to make a Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw torso in one set, so it must be one of the unknown figs :wink:

If they truly are following the 1-3 and 4-7 CMF patterns, they may be saving Cedric Diggory and Cho Cheng or Luna Lovegood in uniform for the next CMF to tempt people to buy them for Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw uniforms.

45 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

35385838242_6ec599587e_m.jpg 

I really like this one that has been along side with @ETELENZOS92 posts. It proves that you can have a load of rooms in Hogwarts and not have them tiny although I'd hope for even bigger with a $500 price tag

If I were you I would not get my hopes up. The SW Death Star is $500, and much smaller than this Hogwarts build. If Lego were to release something like that, it would cost a lot more (think UCS Falcon or more). It is an amazing MOC, no discussions about that.

I love that they’re going for books 1-3, perhaps next year we could get sets based on 4-7, with another D2C (like Ninjago Docks being an extension of Ninjago City) if this wave does well.

It’s interesting that Voldermort is included in the Great Hall however, as he first appears fully in book 4, but he’s the big bad I guess!

One thing that makes me worried about this list however, is that the series is 8 months away. We didn’t know what was in the Lego Batman Movie series 2 until a few weeks before.

I hope the list is real! It sounds awesome and I love the ghosts being included. However, no FB characters being included is weird because I thought the sets were under the “Wizarding World” banner and not “Harry Potter”. I have really high hopes for this wave, though!

7 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I hope the list is real! It sounds awesome and I love the ghosts being included. However, no FB characters being included is weird because I thought the sets were under the “Wizarding World” banner and not “Harry Potter”. I have really high hopes for this wave, though!

ahaha, nobody cares about FB. This is just a little book with 25 pages. I read it a long time ago. Now, for the business, it exist under the form of movie.

The ciment of the Wizarding world is Potter ^^

31 minutes ago, doclord said:

If they truly are following the 1-3 and 4-7 CMF patterns, they may be saving Cedric Diggory and Cho Cheng or Luna Lovegood in uniform for the next CMF to tempt people to buy them for Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw uniforms.

I would expect Cedric diggory to be in his triwizard tournament outfit

23 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I love that they’re going for books 1-3, perhaps next year we could get sets based on 4-7, with another D2C (like Ninjago Docks being an extension of Ninjago City) if this wave does well.

It’s interesting that Voldermort is included in the Great Hall however, as he first appears fully in book 4, but he’s the big bad I guess!

I could see us getting another 3 Sets ,another minifigure series, and a d2c. Similar to how they handled the Simpson’s only with non d2c sets 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Hmmm Lego hasn’t been afraid to do a second series of a minifigure line before so why change now :wink:

Because Simpsons S2 crashed and burned spectacularly?

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That’s more to do with the theme isn’t it? I love Simpsons and collected everything, but there was a lot of backlash.

HP has a more dedicated, larger fan base and it’s audience is more inclined to buy Lego imo. They did a Batman s2 so it hasn’t put them off.

I think the third figure in the Whomping Willow is either going to be Hermione or Lupin, and that Ron and Harry are going to be in their Year 3 casual outfits from the movies. The Ford is obviously representing two, but it would make sense to have a vaguely Prisoner of Azkaban themed set if they're doing 1-3 for the first wae.

19 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It doesn’t seem to have put Lego off for making series 2 of different cmf series. Based on this pattern it really seems like they are doing the 1-3 then 4-7 similar to how they did the video games because where are the characters from 4-7 in the minifigure series? Everything just lines up like there will be more Harry Potter

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

The Great Hall description says Voldemort is attacking so it must be from Deathly Hallows, which kinda debunks the theory of only books 1-3

But Dumbledore is there, so it can't be based on Deathly Hallows. Unless is the "Dumbledore the White" version in saw in the King Cross dream/hallucination

If this list is true, I'm bankrupt. I normally only buy the figures I want (probably a max of two) from each wave. Right now I want all sixteen.

Just a thought on who might be missing from the first three films and not listed in the Great Hall set, if this wave is based on 1-3 as assumed above.

Hogwarts: Madame Pomfrey, Quirrell, Sprout, Flitwick, Lockhart, Lupin, Trelawney, Tom Riddle (memory)

Muggles: Aunt Marge

Magical World: Cornelius Fudge, Goblins, Ollivander, Peter Pettigrew, Ernie Prang, Stan Shunpike

There are also other Weasleys, Malfoys and loads of Hogwarts students I didn't mention to be more concise.

Edited by Seaber

It could just be based of all the movies, so various scenes like the Sorting Ceremony, the final duel etc. Can all be recreated. Kind of how the last Hogwarts (even though the primary focus was Deathly Hallows) still had elements from all the films.

And if they're based on films 4-8...

Hogwarts: Cedric Diggory, Moody, Umbridge, Slughorn, Harry (as Albert Runcorn), Ron (as Reg Cattermole), Hermione (as Mafalda Hopkirk)

Magical World: Barty Crouch Snr, Amos Diggory, Fleur Delacour, Krum, Rita Skeeter, Tonks, Kingsley Shaklebolt, Rufus Scrimgeour, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aberforth Dumbledore

Death Eaters/Snatchers: Barty Crouch Jnr, Bellatrix Lestrange, Yaxley, Scabior, Greyback

As well as the aformentioned Hogwarts students.

Edited by Seaber

LEGO could probably make a separate CMF for each of the 7 books. They won't, but they could. Focusing this CMF on the first book or two makes sense, since that book is the most widely-read and features a lot of iconic characters that appear in other books/movies as well. It also helps give the characters included a common theme since they could otherwise feel too disjointed, if characters from books 4-7 were mixed in. And it leaves the door open for additional CMF lines if the first one is successful.

Edited by jdubbs

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

ahaha, nobody cares about FB. This is just a little book with 25 pages. I read it a long time ago. Now, for the business, it exist under the form of movie.

The ciment of the Wizarding world is Potter ^^

It’s going to be a huge movie series and the first movie made decent money at the box office, and Lego is making sets for the theme, so it’s strange that they’re absent from the CMF.