Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

I agree, these are odd choices, but nice ones in my opinion! In the past we've gotten Aragog with Hagrid's Hut, the Ford Anglica with the Hogwarts Express, and attempts at a full Hogwarts - seems like they want to remake parts of old sets in a new, more specific way. 

If these rumours are true, I'm happy that we get the Whomping Willow, and I think focusing specifically on the Great Hall rather than attempting to encompass all of Hogwarts is a great idea. All that detail. :wub: Maybe if the Great Hall set did well enough, we could see expansions for it in the future!

Anyway, I'll be happy if these rumours are true!

This would also be great time to give the other Houses torsos finally. 

4 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

Those rumors are rather far fetched. It is a weird selection of sets. And while a plastic suitcase to store brick built beasts is certainly possible, a brick built suitcase seems like it would be excessively repetitive and expensive. 

“Child sized” suitcase...that would be huge, and as you said, expensive. Something must’ve been lost in translation somewhere. 

2 hours ago, doclord said:

Maybe the D2C is actually the Quidditch stadium?

As amazing as that would be, I wouldn't count on it. Hogwarts is the most recognizable, iconic place in Harry Potter, and it's also going to be appearing in the new Fantastic Beasts movie. I don't think LEGO would ever bring back Harry Potter as a theme without remaking a new Hogwarts - I would be absolutely shocked if the D2C wasn't an attempt at the whole castle (ie Disney Castle) or some part of it (ie this rumoured Great Hall).

32 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

This would also be great time to give the other Houses torsos finally. 

“Child sized” suitcase...that would be huge, and as you said, expensive. Something must’ve been lost in translation somewhere. 

Amen to that about the torsos. Can't believe the theme has never had Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff represented. 

About the "child size suitcase" - I can certainly see a brick-built suitcase with the beasts inside being a real set, but it does have to be much smaller than an actual child's suitcase. So if these rumours are true (which I think they definitely could be) it'll just be a small approximation of a suitcase with some little creature builds, a minifig or two, and some things to set certain little scenes inside the case (ie plants etc for habitat). 

I wonder if the "child-sized suitcase" is similar to the cases some of the Juniors sets came in, as opposed to a brick-build. [cases such as set 10746]

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Are we certain that the D2C is part of these 5 sets? Or is it separate? Meaning there are actually 6 sets.

If there is a D2C, it almost guaranteed not part of the list! Normal sets we usually get rumours about several months before they are released, there are so many ways they could leak out like dealers catalogues, web shops etc..

D2C on the other hand "only Lego" will know about, so sometimes they manage to keep it a secret almost until it is released on the marked :wacko:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If there is a D2C, it almost guaranteed not part of the list! Normal sets we usually get rumours about several months before they are released, there are so many ways they could leak out like dealers catalogues, web shops etc..

D2C on the other hand "only Lego" will know about, so sometimes they manage to keep it a secret almost until it is released on the marked :wacko:

Exactly. Look at Infinity War, for example. We know the D2C price, but figures from retail sets and details about the sets have been leaking out for over a month while we haven’t heard anything about the D2C. With exclusive sets they often only get revealed when Lego does the press release. 

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

mariopower on Instagram has posted a list of the 2018 D2C sets. One is a “Licensed IP D2C” at €485. I’m assuming that this is Hogwarts. 

The page of Mario power is down now. Do you have the picture? If yes, can you pm me?

38 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

The page of Mario power is down now. Do you have the picture? If yes, can you pm me?

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Hhm, does that mean his info is good? 

His page has been taken down like 3 times since I followed him a month ago. It was posted on his backup that’s still active. His information is always reliable. The image was just his own list of the D2C sets he knows are coming. 3 Creator ones, 2 Star Wars, 1 Infinity War, and 1 Licensed IP at €485.

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

His page has been taken down like 3 times since I followed him a month ago. It was posted on his backup that’s still active. His information is always reliable. The image was just his own list of the D2C sets he knows are coming. 3 Creator ones, 2 Star Wars, 1 Infinity War, and 1 Licensed IP at €485.

Licence IP means Hp?

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

Licence IP means Hp?

It just means any licensed franchise that Lego produces sets for, like Marvel, DC, and Star Wars. However, this is a generic licensed D2C set and the theme hasn’t been announced yet. It’s likely a Harry Potter set given all the rumors about a Harry Potter D2C, because if the theme does have an exclusive it has to be that one on the list. 

The great Hall can cost 485 euros if you creat a huge building with twenty minifigs.

For example: 5 ravenclaws students like cho chang, michael corner, roger davies, padma patil and luna lovegood

5 Hufflepuff  students like Hannah Abbot, Susan bones, Cedric DIggory, Justin Finch-Fletchley, and zacharia smith

3 slytherin students: marcus flint, pansy parkinson, and warrington

3 gryffindor students: colin crivey, oliver wood and lee jordan

3 teachers: dumbledore, quirrel, mcgonagall

Peeve

Wouldn't it make more sense to put in 2 students of each House, a male and female so you can reuse the costumes, and have some of them be main characters eg. Harry, Hermione in generic Gryffindor uniform, and then have more budget space for teachers?

22 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

The great Hall can cost 485 euros if you creat a huge building with twenty minifigs.

For example: 5 ravenclaws students like cho chang, michael corner, roger davies, padma patil and luna lovegood

5 Hufflepuff  students like Hannah Abbot, Susan bones, Cedric DIggory, Justin Finch-Fletchley, and zacharia smith

Peeve

D2C sets are never listed with the retail sets and details always come out much closer to the release date. If these new rumors are true, the Great Hall is just a retail set and definitely not the D2C. 

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

Peeve

Lego wouldn’t make a Harry Potter set without either harry, Ron, or hermione and especially that this rumored set is the biggest of the wave, not a lot of kids would want to buy this set if they don’t know most of the characters in the set

6 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

I do hope that the Great Hall isn't the rumored D2C set.Because that's probably the only way to get Hermionie.

You could always pick up the Dimensions pack with Hermione! It might be on sale in places because of Dimensions being cancelled.

10 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

mariopower on Instagram has posted a list of the 2018 D2C sets. One is a “Licensed IP D2C” at €485. I’m assuming that this is Hogwarts. 

Yiiiikes, that's too expensive for me. That's almost certainly a full Hogwarts; I can imagine them including minifigs from both Harry Potter and the new Fantastic Beasts film for this (Ron, Harry, Hermione, young and old Dumbledore, Newt, etc).

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

D2C sets are never listed with the retail sets and details always come out much closer to the release date. If these new rumors are true, the Great Hall is just a retail set and definitely not the D2C. 

Yeah, I think the Great Hall is a separate thing from the D2C Hogwarts, although I think they will be able to be connected like a modular building. The Great Hall is the biggest retail set of the wave, so kids can still get a good chunk of Hogwarts; then the rest of Hogwarts will get the Disney Castle treatment as a D2C.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Lego wouldn’t make a Harry Potter set without either harry, Ron, or hermione and especially that this rumored set is the biggest of the wave, not a lot of kids would want to buy this set if they don’t know most of the characters in the set

you are certaintly right but we can dream of it ^^

18 hours ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

As amazing as that would be, I wouldn't count on it. Hogwarts is the most recognizable, iconic place in Harry Potter, and it's also going to be appearing in the new Fantastic Beasts movie. I don't think LEGO would ever bring back Harry Potter as a theme without remaking a new Hogwarts - I would be absolutely shocked if the D2C wasn't an attempt at the whole castle (ie Disney Castle) or some part of it (ie this rumoured Great Hall).

Amen to that about the torsos. Can't believe the theme has never had Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff represented. 

About the "child size suitcase" - I can certainly see a brick-built suitcase with the beasts inside being a real set, but it does have to be much smaller than an actual child's suitcase. So if these rumours are true (which I think they definitely could be) it'll just be a small approximation of a suitcase with some little creature builds, a minifig or two, and some things to set certain little scenes inside the case (ie plants etc for habitat). 

I can sort of understand, as Gryffindor & Slytherin we’re front & center. But the other Houses played some, arguably, pivotal roles. Cedric of course played a huge part in GoF. Chang, to a lesser extent. And Luna, even though she’s almost always(if not always) seen out of uniform. And others. It is a bit surprising at this point we still haven’t seen any though. 

mariopower has posted another D2C list with American prices and confirmation on subject matter. The Creator and Star Wars sets are identified and the “licensed IP” set is now listed as “Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle”. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

23 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

mariopower has posted another D2C list with American prices and confirmation on subject matter. The Creator and Star Wars sets are identified and the “licensed IP” set is now listed as “Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle”. 

This sounds like good news! What are the American price on Hogwarts?! I bit less than 485 euros I think, was not other sets on the list given a lover price even in euros when we got the price from a different source? 

7 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

This sounds like good news! What are the American price on Hogwarts?! I bit less than 485 euros I think, was not other sets on the list given a lover price even in euros when we got the price from a different source? 

$500, exactly what I was expecting. American prices and euro prices usually match up exactly but $485 is an extremely strange amount to pay. I’m very happy with a castle this large. Harry Potter got me into Lego back in 2010 and its return makes me very excited and happy! I’ll definitely sell anything I need to from my collection to get this set.