Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Where do you see this news?

From what I understand they originate from "rain man", who also said we would definitely get 5 WW sets in January *huh* On the other hand Lego have confirmed that we get more WW sets sooner or later and summer 2019 is a likely candidate for that wave :wink:

If anyone is still looking for the 4 pack of minifigures from barnes and noble, they have the buy $75 in qualifying stuff and get one pack free online from now till December 26th (I think). I just ordered the Hogwarts express and got the four pack!

21 hours ago, Poltergeist said:

If anyone is still looking for the 4 pack of minifigures from barnes and noble, they have the buy $75 in qualifying stuff and get one pack free online from now till December 26th (I think). I just ordered the Hogwarts express and got the four pack!

Thanks very much for this, just picked up the X Wing and got the 4 pack! 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I saw this on Instagram: 

75945 HP- 121 pieces 

75946- ?

75947 HP- 496 pieces 

75948 HP- 922 pieces

Ooo- is the second one FB? 

47 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I saw this on Instagram: 

75945 HP- 121 pieces 

75946- ?

75947 HP- 496 pieces 

75948 HP- 922 pieces

Oooh 4 sets? That's good news.

They are a June release date as well, so that's great. But this looks like it's following the 2010/2011 precedent of a smaller second wave so this could be the end of the line sadly....

32 minutes ago, RODDY said:

They are a June release date as well, so that's great. But this looks like it's following the 2010/2011 precedent of a smaller second wave so this could be the end of the line sadly....

I doubt it. The first wave seems to have sold really well, and although the new Fantastic Beasts movie might not be a massive success, there are still three more coming out.

I think it will go on for a few more years, but it won't be nearly as large as some people think. Next year's wave is probably the precedent for the rest of the theme's life cycle.

45 minutes ago, RODDY said:

On the contrary, I think this is a good thing, as a smaller wave would mean that LEGO did not anticipate the first wave's success, and they'll invest more in a third wave!

I’m just happy we get any amount of sets. I take it we might be waiting a while to get further info on these sets. Also hoping for Diagon Alley shop D2C set like it’s been mentioned similar to Ninjago. Do people think it could be possible to see something like this? Have the Ninjago D2C been successful? I don’t collect the Ninjago general sets but I purchased the D2C because I thought they were fantastic, so swayed me into buying them :laugh:

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think 4-5 sets per year is a pretty good number. I don’t want the theme to become oversaturated. 

If it is true, 4 sets next year is pretty decent I would say, we are not getting a new FB movie then after all :wink:

It is almost guaranteed that we get a wave in 2020 for the next movie, probably bigger than 4 sets also :excited:

I assume Lego are sticking to the plan, so the sets will be based on HP 3-4 and FB COG.. My guess:

75945- a small HP or FB set with 2 figs

75946- FB set with a brick built beast like the Zouwu and a new fig or two like Leta or Nagini

75947- HP Hagrids hut with buckbeak

75948- HP Part of Hogwarts with the Hungarian horntail

Maybe a limited set or two as well :shrug_oh_well:

26 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

If it is true, 4 sets next year is pretty decent I would say, we are not getting a new FB movie then after all :wink:

It is almost guaranteed that we get a wave in 2020 for the next movie, probably bigger than 4 sets also :excited:

I assume Lego are sticking to the plan, so the sets will be based on HP 3-4 and FB COG.. My guess:

75945- a small HP or FB set with 2 figs

75946- FB set with a brick built beast like the Zouwu and a new fig or two like Leta or Nagini

75947- HP Hagrids hut with buckbeak

75948- HP Part of Hogwarts with the Hungarian horntail

Maybe a limited set or two as well :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah I agree this is most likely the case. The list also sounds very realistic so I won't be surprised if you guessed correctly.

Also, remember we didn’t know about the Hogwarts Express Set until it wasn’t officially announced, so who knows there might be another set

18 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Also, remember we didn’t know about the Hogwarts Express Set until it was officially announced, so who knows there might be another set

We knew there was another set. We just thought it was the Knight Bus.

I wonder if there is any possibility of there being a store exclusive set that isn't accounted for.  When did we know about the Quidditch Match set?

5 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

We knew there was another set. We just thought it was the Knight Bus.

Not entirely accurate. The knight bus rumour, and the rumour of a 6th set in general. Came around only a few weeks prior to the express reveal. For about 8 months, we only knew of 5 sets, plus the D2C and CMF. And I’m fairly sure there wasn’t a number attached to the knight bus rumour, atleast initially, but I could be wrong there.

43 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Not entirely accurate. The knight bus rumour, and the rumour of a 6th set in general. Came around only a few weeks prior to the express reveal. For about 8 months, we only knew of 5 sets, plus the D2C and CMF. And I’m fairly sure there wasn’t a number attached to the knight bus rumour, atleast initially, but I could be wrong there.

I’m pretty sure there was a set number attached. Wasn’t it something like 75955?