Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

36+ nanofigures sounds AMAZING! I was hoping for 20 at least. And getting exclusive figures of the four founders is awesome since not everyone will want them enough for there to be a large outcry about their exclusivity. It’s a good thing they aren’t putting exclusive teachers like Trelawney in the set. I’m very excited to see it now and I’m no longer very upset about it being microscale. 

20 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

On the Wizarding World of Harry Potter's attraction yes, the Founders appears as moving portraits.

I doubt lego will based their design on actors in an amusement park.

58 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

But as for the figures that come with it, we are getting the four founders in minifigure form.

What did I say :grin::

On 6/21/2018 at 8:18 AM, Roebuck said:

it is more with which exclusive figs they could put in the D2C and those 4 is the most likely candidates..

30 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

36+ nanofigures sounds AMAZING! I was hoping for 20 at least. And getting exclusive figures of the four founders is awesome since not everyone will want them enough for there to be a large outcry about their exclusivity. It’s a good thing they aren’t putting exclusive teachers like Trelawney in the set. I’m very excited to see it now and I’m no longer very upset about it being microscale. 

Not trying to burst anyone’s bubble here, but how do we know this information is accurate? It’s one persons report and I see no proof of the claim. No images have surfaced yet and I have no idea how he got the information. It’s funny how people just start claiming to have all this info but won’t say where they got it. Although I doubted the existence of the nanofigs until I saw the image. Maybe it’s true maybe it isn’t, but hopefully this means an image will appear on IG later today

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I'm glad we won't be getting any main characters in the Hogwarts. I love the idea of the founders and think they're a perfect fit but at the same time, I'm glad they didn't put any exclusive main characters in, as I don't want to miss out on any professors or students 

I was really hoping for Lockhart and Trelawney in the D2C. Hopefully we’ll get them later on in a future wave. A Chamber Of Secrets set would be perfect for Lockhart and Ginny. And maybe Trelawney can come in some other section of Hogwarts. I also really want Lucius with the new Dumbledore hair piece in a pale blonde color. Hoping to get Mad-Eye and Sirius in CMF. Wouldn’t say no to Tonks and Bellatrix either

31 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

WB have hired those people to portray the founders. I absolutely think LEGO will base their design on whatever WB have on the characters. The chocolate frog cards are official afterall. 

1 hour ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Well JK Rowling signed off on every detail in that amusement park and I’m sure she’s just as hands on with what LEGO is doing so I wouldn’t be surprised is they were the same.

1 hour ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

If you look at the Harry Potter games they already made the founders and they are based on the theme park.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Not trying to burst anyone’s bubble here, but how do we know this information is accurate? It’s one persons report and I see no proof of the claim. No images have surfaced yet and I have no idea how he got the information. It’s funny how people just start claiming to have all this info but won’t say where they got it. Although I doubted the existence of the nanofigs until I saw the image. Maybe it’s true maybe it isn’t, but hopefully this means an image will appear on IG later today

This. So much. People believe things way too quickly, and then get disappointed when they turn out false

I was really hoping for Lockhart and Trelawney in the D2C. Hopefully we’ll get them later on in a future wave. A Chamber Of Secrets set would be perfect for Lockhart and Ginny. And maybe Trelawney can come in some other section of Hogwarts. I also really want Lucius with the new Dumbledore hair piece in a pale blonde color. Hoping to get Mad-Eye and Sirius in CMF. Wouldn’t say no to Tonks and Bellatrix either

Well, two reputable leakers are reporting the news so I believe it. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m not saying it’s not true, in fact it probably is. But I am taking any information with a very large grain of salt until there are images or official descriptions

12 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Well it’s more of a case of waiting for those two or more sources before blindly believing that can be a problem, probably not in this case, but people need to take things with a grain of salt

I mean look what happened with the system scale Hogwarts. A lot of that was just people assuming, but someone did come on here and say they had seen the set and it was system scale and featured the clocktower, and people believed them

26 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Well it’s more of a case of waiting for those two or more sources before blindly believing that can be a problem, probably not in this case, but people need to take things with a grain of salt

I mean look what happened with the system scale Hogwarts. A lot of that was just people assuming, but someone did come on here and say they had seen the set and it was system scale and featured the clocktower, and people believed them

I still say the only evidence against a system scale set is the pics of nanofigures. But I also say that nanofigures would scale really well on display with a system sized castle. No one has seen the set (at far as I am aware) so no one knows for sure. I’m taking everything with a grain of salt until I see the set with my own eyes 

If the rumors are true then this is how they should do it: each founding member comes with the Horcrux their House is associated with. Slytherin comes with the locket (similar piece to the Olympic medal), Hufflepuff comes with the cup (maybe something more detailed than just the goblet piece), Ravenclaw comes with the diadem, and since Gryffindor doesn’t have a Horcrux he can have the sword. That would make this a much bigger draw to people

If the rumors are true then this is how they should do it: each founding member comes with the Horcrux their House is associated with. Slytherin comes with the locket (similar piece to the Olympic medal), Hufflepuff comes with the cup (maybe something more detailed than just the goblet piece), Ravenclaw comes with the diadem, and since Gryffindor doesn’t have a Horcrux he can have the sword. That would make this a much bigger draw to people

Voldemort wanted to make the sword a horcrux, so it works just as well

I think they should do the following sets if they continue the Harry Potter theme 

Wave 2 

#1 The Clock Tower (100$)

#2 The Chambee of Secrets (80$)

#3 The Quest for the Sorceror’s Stone (90$)

#4 Twiwizard Tournament (150$)

#5 Diagon Alley (180$)

#6 Dumbledoor’s office (50$)

#7 Attack in the Quidditch World Cup (25$)

I’ll do in depth with these below

The Clock Tower would need to come with another motorized gate feature as well as pendulum. It would also need to have the Herbology Lab. I think this set would need to come with Harry, Ron, Hermoiny, Professor Sprout, Professor Flitwick, Professor Trilony, Buck Beak, and 2 Dementors

The Chamber of Secrets would be similar to the 2002 version except redone with more advanced pieces and more features, it would also include the girls bathroom. This set would include Harry, Ron, Hrrmoiny (cat), Crab, Goil, Mertle, Ginny, Lockhart, and the troll. As well as the Basalisk and Fawkes.

The quest for the sorcerors stone would come with all the rooms leading up to the mirror. It would need Harry, Quirrel, Fluffy, and Hermoiny.

The Twiwizard Tournament would include all the challenges, as well as a stand for figures to be seated in, and a waiting booth for the figures with a closet to store their extra costumes. Finally it would have a a small area for the Graveyard duel. This set would come with all 3 variants of Harry, Sedric, Flor, and Victor. As well as Ron, Hermione,  Cho, Neville, Rita Skitta, Moody, And 2 Mermaids. Also 4 different dragons. I know this selection is highly unlikely, but this is what I’d like to see.

Diagon Alley would have the 3 shops from the previous as well as Fred and George’s Joke Shop. This would have the same figure selection cuz there is really nothing more they could do.

Dumbledoors Office would be another attachment point to connect the Clock Tower to the Great Hall. It would have Dumbledoor, Hagrid, Boty Crouch, and Boty Crouch Jr.

Attack on the Quiditch World Cup would include 2 Tents and some shrubs. This would be a set mainly for the figures. It would have Harry, Ginny, Mr, Weasley, Mrs. Weasley, 2 death eaters, and Lucious

Say what?!

36 nanofigures????? *oh2*

Also the 4 founders is a nice surprise. At least Slytherin would need a new beard mould

Gryffindor will have a recolor of the new Dumbledore hairpiece. Maybe even the same beard piece recolored

With Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.... I  think they didn't appeard in any movie. So, they would have to go to another source material like videogames and such

6 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

I think they should do the following sets if they continue the Harry Potter theme 

We have a wishlist thread here: 

:classic:

Obscure characters like the four founders would be a very unusual choice for a licensed set under normal circumstances, but with J.K. Rowling going through pretty much all the merchandising approving this and that she might've felt like they were appropriate for this particular set and suggested it. Maybe she has some plans when it comes to the founders.

Yet I very highly doubt that they're actually in any set. None of them appeared in any of the movies and the representations they had at the theme park and in video games aren't widely known. Just seems like this rumor originated as one of the many irrational minifigure wishes AFOLs present on this site.

Then again JK just might surprise us.

Edited by Alegrispa

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t know if this has been said but Brickfan is reporting that Hogwarts microscale will have 6,000 pieces 

that would make it the second biggest set ever, not too shabby for Harry Potter, but Its definitely got to be huge to fit nanofigure, nothing like any of the micro Mocs you can find online. I’m predicting a footprint bigger than the Rollercoaster

So here is a general outline of what to expect for the microscale hogwarts
$400
6,000 pieces 
At least 4 figures (founders of Hogwarts) 
At least 36 nano figures