Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

It has the new wand piece though. 

Is it?  I thought at first it was, but it doesn’t look like it has the taper the new piece has. Could just be they way the picture is taken though?

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just a feeling.

Dude, if that was a Dawn of Justice quote, I solute you! If not, I feel kinda stupid right now :grin:

1 hour ago, RyanMe said:

Is it?  I thought at first it was, but it doesn’t look like it has the taper the new piece has. Could just be they way the picture is taken though?

Definitely is. You can see that the end is rounded.

Edited by Ultron

I hope that the voldemort leaked isn't even a prototype, he looks funny not creepy. He deserves a makeover like the dementor did (which I liked)

14 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Definitely is. You can see that the end is rounded.

I’ll take your word for it because I can’t make out the rounded end. But it does look like the printing on the body is a sticker (I think I see the edge of the sicker). 

Quick question to those with some more train experience: based on what we've seen of it how easy would it be to add power functions to the Hogwarts Express? I have exactly zero train sets, and my experience with power functions is limited to powering the Fairground Mixer, but I'd love to set up the Hogwarts Express with some track and some power. :grin:

52 minutes ago, Legomaster34 said:

Quick question to those with some more train experience: based on what we've seen of it how easy would it be to add power functions to the Hogwarts Express? I have exactly zero train sets, and my experience with power functions is limited to powering the Fairground Mixer, but I'd love to set up the Hogwarts Express with some track and some power. :grin:

Well it seems easy enough, quite a few members are discussing just that over in the train forum. 

I for one would have liked one or two pieces of straight track to better display the set, train people don't seem to mind at all. I do understand it is a play set and is meant to be pushed around though. Makes me kind of wonder if it actually fits on train track as is. 

Edited by Johnny1360
Added some stuff

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Makes me kind of wonder if it actually fits on train track as is. 

It appears to use the regular train wheels so I assume it would fit on tracks

3 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

The box art does not offer up any indication that it is compatible with a power function like it did for the Christmas train or other trains, so it would have to be all on you to mod it (no extra instructions in the book to help you).

Also the tinder car appears to be too small to fit a battery pack do that would definitely need to be lengthened to make it work. 

Edited by RyanMe
Spelling errors

2 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

It appears to use the regular terrain wheels so I assume it would fit on tracks

The box art does not offer up any indication that it is compatible with a lower function like it did for the Christmas train or other trains, so it would have to be all on you to mod it (no extra instructions in the book to help you).

Also the tinder car appears to be too small to fit a battery pack do that would definitely need to be lengthened to make it work. 

I noticed too that there was nothing on the box art, so I figured I'd have to mod it myself. I was just wondering if any train builders had started figuring out how to do so. (I'm checking out the thread in the train form right now: I hadn't even thought to look there.)

37 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

It appears to use the regular terrain wheels so I assume it would fit on tracks

I'm sure you meant train wheels, which I can see it has, just thinking maybe the width is not the same as track spacing, or maybe it won't negotiate curves properly. Probably does but who knows. I did notice it doesn't have the magnetic couplers. 

I'm glad it doesn't come with track. Adding, say, 4 pieces of straight track would increase the price by £5 (or Euro or Dollars). And it would be useless for most kids as you couldn't play with it on the track, just display it. They could of course supply enough curved track to make a circle, again probably another £15, but that is boring going round and round in a ring. Much better to leave it as a push along without track than to increase the price by including track. For those that want it to have track, well they can buy the extra track or use what they already have.

They are standard train wheels so it will go on track just fine. For PF that tender will need to be extended to contain the battery box.

1 minute ago, The Pearson said:

Aragon set pics on Instagram 

I thought LOTR was back for a minute! Although saying that, it does look rather similar to the Shelob set, just less of it.

Aragog looks good but not great. Seems like they wanted him to be as detailed as Shelob but smaller, and I don’t think the scale works properly. The eyes look a bit strange and the legs seem too small. It’s nice to get the new lantern and a new color for the new spider in such a small set, though. Overall I think if they increased the budget to $20-25 then they could’ve made a spider as big as Shelob that would’ve looked better. 

My least favorite set so far

Aragog looks kinda cartoonish. And the minifigures are the same from the Hogwarts Express, right?

Easy pass

Just now, Robert8 said:

My least favorite set so far

Aragog looks kinda cartoonish. And the minifigures are the same from the Hogwarts Express, right?

Easy pass

Yes they have the same scared alternate faces as in the Hogwarts Express set.

I agree that it's the least attractive set, but I might buy it and keep it sealed because the artwork is beautiful.

Small but the eyes are creepy af and the legs are great! Oh! And new spider molds?

can't wait to get this one too. I'm getting SS-COS-POA lego vibes with these multiples of Harry and Ron!

Edited by joeee

I dunno, I quite like it. It's not too complicated to build but I think it's one of the best spider builds we've had. Although I swear that tree bit is the exact same as the Mirkwood set in the Hobbit line. I think that was a spider set too :grin:

21 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Although I swear that tree bit is the exact same as the Mirkwood set in the Hobbit line. I think that was a spider set too :grin:

It is very similar to the Mirkwood Elf polybag tree.