Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

On 3/16/2018 at 5:15 AM, Sneakguest said:

For someone who only collected star wars I think you other licensed theme collectors are a bit spoild with details. Its a cheap set, lego will not make a new color hair piece Evert time its nedre and at least he got leg printing

You have no way of knowing this but I don't usually collect licensed theme stuff, mostly original IP's like BIONICLE and Ninjago. It's not them being licensed characters done badly that bothers me, it's that a lot of unlicensed and similar calaber licensed characters are usually better and often in cheaper sets.

But I didn't say anything about the hair. The skirt's the thing that bothers me 'cause they're usually always printed. I'm fine with bland legs, but unprinted skirts just seem like a giant blank spot, like the fig is a torso growing out of a wall. If they didn't print her torso a lack of skirt printing may have worked, but as it is the figure goes from tons of detail to absolutely no detail really fast, and it breaks my immersion. Bob from LU looks fine 'cause he has no torso or leg printing, Boba Fett looks fine 'cause he has both torso and leg printing, 2008-ish City Cops look fine cause they have torso printing and no leg printing and the torso print doesn't extend toward the legs, but having someone cop out of a design style halfway through (ie. print half a dress) is just bad form.

21 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

I Would have liked a hogwarts uniforms like the picture for the CMF and the D2C. 

The printed torso would be the same like the hogwarts hall with a modified cape. In fact, we saw that in the futur set, the students would not have any cape or any uniform.

My dream would be the uniform like in the photo:

This would be really great! It fits perfectly with new torso.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This would be really great! It fits perfectly with new torso.

And it's not like they can't do it, they used a similar cloak piece but red for the judge in a minifigure series a while back (not sure which one)

I have a question.Diving in book 4 of HP and met character name Maxime (head of foreign school).In book she represented as tall as Rubeus Hagrid.Have we ever had her as minifigure?Sorry for my English.:blush:

10 minutes ago, Lego Petman said:

I have a question.Diving in book 4 of HP and met character name Maxime (head of foreign school).In book she represented as tall as Rubeus Hagrid.Have we ever had her as minifigure?Sorry for my English.:blush:

No physically but , she existed in the lego vidéo game.

3 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

And it's not like they can't do it, they used a similar cloak piece but red for the judge in a minifigure series a while back (not sure which one)

They made the piece in black in series 5 which came out over a year before the judge. If you could get a lot of those they might look good. 

19 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

No physically but , she existed in the lego vidéo game.

In the videogame I'm pretty sure she had the exact same torso as Hagrid, but Hargrid's new minifig has a little bit more Hagrid-specific definition, so if they make her in real life now it would probably have to be a new mold.

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If we would get her she would be in a set of probably 10th wave :grin:

About sets.Only set i can describe is Great Hall.But i have concerns about it.This set is based on diffrent books as o can see it (1 and 2).I do not get it, how it can be?What is the point?I like old versions based on each book (movie).

2 minutes ago, Lego Petman said:

About sets.Only set i can describe is Great Hall.But i have concerns about it.This set is based on diffrent books as o can see it (1 and 2).I do not get it, how it can be?What is the point?I like old versions based on each book (movie).

They probably don't see a point in making a different castle for each movie. The first and second films are under the same production crew, and Hogwarts is pretty much the same in both films, so it's easy to combine those. The third film is when the castle starts getting changes due to the changes in production later in the series, so a new castle set would be needed then.

Edited by 8BrickMario

45 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

More like wave 2 if that is sets from 3 and 4 movie :tongue:

On 3/19/2018 at 4:24 PM, Black Numenorean said:

I Would have liked a hogwarts uniforms like the picture for the CMF and the D2C. 

The printed torso would be the same like the hogwarts hall with a modified cape. In fact, we saw that in the futur set, the students would not have any cape or any uniform.

My dream would be the uniform like in the photo:

27803573000_12ae62a284_b.jpg

picture from  lego3x11l

honestly, when I heard that the harry potter theme was coming back and that we would be getting a great hall set, I was hoping the students would have these exact printed robes.

43 minutes ago, Hawkeye12 said:

honestly, when I heard that the harry potter theme was coming back and that we would be getting a great hall set, I was hoping the students would have these exact printed robes.

Cool!Very decent robes:)

22 hours ago, Roebuck said:

More like wave 2 if that is sets from 3 and 4 movie :tongue:

If there will be 2nd from 3 and 4 wave, maybe they wouldn't include her in any set.

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If there will be 2nd from 3 and 4 wave, maybe they wouldn't include her in any set.

She wasn't in any sets the last time around, but LEGO has gotten better about making obscure minifigs into sets. It could go either way!

7 minutes ago, Mata_Nui said:

She wasn't in any sets the last time around, but LEGO has gotten better about making obscure minifigs into sets. It could go either way!

I hope it does.

I wonder when the next HP/FB set is revealed, looks like Lego are planning to beat the leaker's this time around :tongue:
Are there any event in the wizarding world the next weeks that can have a set for us?

Like world championship in quidditch, someone's birthday, a HP book jubilation, a Lego-HP anniversary etc, do anyone know?

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I wonder when the next HP/FB set is revealed, looks like Lego are planning to beat the leaker's this time around :tongue:
Are there any event in the wizarding world the next weeks that can have a set for us?

Like world championship in quidditch, someone's birthday, a HP book jubilation, a Lego-HP anniversary etc, do anyone know?

Let's hope they do. Cause then we will know exactly what we are getting. Unless they make some changes.

Alright, let me see if I can help out with this one; I've been keeping track. :)

On 3/19/2018 at 1:18 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Actually I’m pretty sure it’s 75951. There will be another fantastic beasts set based of the 2nd movie 

On 3/19/2018 at 1:18 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Sorry it’s 75950 I think I’m not 100% sure about set numbers 

So, no offense, but I think that you're just guessing random numbers, dude.

Should be something like this.

75950 - [Harry Potter (Films 1-7) Set], $14.99 US

75951 - Grindelwald's Escape, $19.99 US, 132 pieces

75952 - [Fantastic Beasts Set], $??? US

75953 - Whomping Willow, $??? US

75954 - Hogwarts Great Hall, $99.99 US, 878 pieces

75956 - [Unknown Retailer Exclusive]

There was zero reason to believe that 75952 was the suitcase, but @Sir von Lego seemed to suggest that it was actually coming; if he could clarify, then that would be fantastic.

Edited by Azani

11 minutes ago, Azani said:

Alright, let me see if I can help out with this one; I've been keeping track. :)

75952 - [Fantastic Beasts Set], $.99 US

75953 - Whomping Willow, $.99 US

There was zero reason to believe that 75952 was the suitcase, but @Sir von Lego seemed to suggest that it was actually coming; if he could clarify, then that would be fantastic.

Yea that’s my bad I ended up confusing my self about something I saw that had both the suitcase and Grindelwald escape set listed

34 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

whomping willow 99 dollars? with just 2-3 minifigs?

and FB set with 99 dollars? my bad...

Yup; those were typos; I was copying & pasting a little too fast. :) 99 cents for each would have been pretty odd...

55 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yea that’s my bad I ended up confusing my self about something I saw that had both the suitcase and Grindelwald escape set listed

Hey, no worries. Totally alight; I just wanted to see if I could help set the list on the right track there. For the record, it is really tough to keep track of.

Edited by Azani

1 hour ago, Azani said:

75952 - [Fantastic Beasts Set], $??? US

75953 - Whomping Willow, $??? US

Can people just stop guessing lists, it's very easy to understand them as actual facts, this is how false rumors spread

On 3/21/2018 at 10:23 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldn't be so sure -- after all, we got the Mouth of Sauron before (and instead of) Eowyn, Faramir, the Witch-King and probably some other more importnt characters.

Edited by Swamp

8 hours ago, Swamp said:

I wouldn't be so sure -- after all, we got the Mouth of Sauron before (and instead of) Eowyn, Faramir, the Witch-King and probably some other more importnt characters.

The Mouth of Sauron was kinda cool though. I don't know if that mattered though.