Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't buy Brickheadz, but it is intetesting that Brickheadz from Harry Potter release in July, and actual sets release in August.

I think the brickhead range of all licenses comes in one shipment from lego. So it follow whatever that schedule is.

2 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

If the Harry Potter Brickhead is with Hedwig, and Hermione Brickhead on her own, I guess that means we'll probably get a Ron Brickhead as a separate release at some point.

Not sur. Look at the dimension packs: we had harry potter pack and hermione pack. Ron is not liked by TLC ^^

5 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Not sur. Look at the dimension packs: we had harry potter pack and hermione pack. Ron is not liked by TLC ^^

Only because DImensions started doing poorly in sales. If it had continued being a success there would definitely have been a Ron.

10 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

If the Harry Potter Brickhead is with Hedwig, and Hermione Brickhead on her own, I guess that means we'll probably get a Ron Brickhead as a separate release at some point.

Maybe exclusive? Or maybe for January 2019.

On 3/9/2018 at 2:35 PM, deskp said:

I think the brickhead range of all licenses comes in one shipment from lego. So it follow whatever that schedule is.

I can understand why you'd think that, but nope. We're getting additional BH kits in May, August, and October. The D2C is set for October or November.

13 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

As it is, it's certainly a possibility. We may be getting additional "Wizarding World" Brickheadz kits later in the year, so Ron is certainly likely. Beck, we might see a Ron & Scabbers dualpack, á la Harry & Hedwig.

Very excited for the D2C; have we heard anything more on the likelihood of 71022 (CMF) being a Wizarding World line? 

Edited by Azani

On 3/11/2018 at 4:42 AM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

For the Justice League Brickheadz they released four of them in one go (Aquaman, Cyborg, Wonder Woman, and Flash) and the last two are coming out later this year (Tactical Batman and Superman.)

They're definitely willing to make multiple waves of Brickheadz for a specific franchise, however if memory serves each wave always has an even number of characters. Now that we're getting the $15 packs with a full Brickhead and a small one that may change, but I'm banking on some other character coming out whenever they do Ron (probably Newt, Dumbledore, or Voldemort. Who knows, maybe they'll do all four!) 

19 hours ago, Azani said:

Very excited for the D2C; have we heard anything more on the likelihood of 71022 (CMF) being a Wizarding World line? 

All the rumors are that it will not be from Wizarding World, but from Harry Potter.

Also one basic question. Is there only one theme (Wizarding World) or two themes (Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts). At first, rumors were that there is one theme, then there were rumors about two themes, and now I don't know. Press release is really messy.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

All the rumors are that it will not be from Wizarding World, but from Harry Potter.

Also one basic question. Is there only one theme (Wizarding World) or two themes (Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts). At first, rumors were that there is one theme, then there were rumors about two themes, and now I don't know. Press release is really messy.

HP and FB boxes are branded seperatley in the early retail catalogue.

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It’s similar to have marvel and dc are two distinct themes but they are both superhero themes 

16 minutes ago, deskp said:

HP and FB boxes are branded seperatley in the early retail catalogue.

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s similar to have marvel and dc are two distinct themes but they are both superhero themes 

Okay thanks.

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

However, it is worth noting that Brickset (currently) has all the sets grouped under the theme "Wizarding World."

This is in no way confirmation that they are the same theme, but it's something to keep in mind when looking for the sets on similar databases and news sites.

20 hours ago, Azani said:

I can understand why you'd think that, but nope. We're getting additional BH kits in May, August, and October. The D2C is set for October or November.

As it is, it's certainly a possibility. We may be getting additional "Wizarding World" Brickheadz kits later in the year, so Ron is certainly likely. Beck, we might see a Ron & Scabbers dualpack, á la Harry & Hedwig.

Don't you mean Ron and Peter Pettigrew? :wink:

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

1 hour ago, Mata_Nui said:

However, it is worth noting that Brickset (currently) has all the sets grouped under the theme "Wizarding World."

This is in no way confirmation that they are the same theme, but it's something to keep in mind when looking for the sets on similar databases and news sites.

They've done it because of the new rebrand. I saw the logo and announcement on Pottermore which is to celebrate things like CoG, Cursed Child and probably the Lego sets so it is the same theme

I don't understand the communication of TLG about Harry Potter. Why did they announce during the toy fair, the Great Hall and stop the wave of interested. They should have distilled news informations sometimes to keep the interest alive. Or maybe they should have announced it later.

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

I don't understand the communication of TLG about Harry Potter. Why did they announce during the toy fair, the Great Hall and stop the wave of interested. They should have distilled news informations sometimes to keep the interest alive. Or maybe they should have announced it later.

They did the Great Hall announcement to bring awareness that the theme is returning. That has sparked interest so now more people will be excited when the rest of the sets are announced in May or June. It was just a one off press release to drum up interest and it makes sense that they’re holding off on revealing the other sets. 

20 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

They did the Great Hall announcement to bring awareness that the theme is returning. That has sparked interest so now more people will be excited when the rest of the sets are announced in May or June. It was just a one off press release to drum up interest and it makes sense that they’re holding off on revealing the other sets. 

Also, Toy Fair is primarily for retailers, more than for consumers. So showing off a cool set like the Great Hall helps get retailers excited and eager to place orders for the sets, which sight-unseen they might not order in sufficient quantity given that the license has been dormant for 5+ years.