Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Tree, (light) blue car, Harry, Ron...

I’m glad we’re getting a new car, since I lost the 2010 one a few years ago and it’s haunted me ever since. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m glad we’re getting a new car, since I lost the 2010 one a few years ago and it’s haunted me ever since. 

No! That would be my worst nightmare. I've only ever lost 4 pieces and I've only got 2 back. The other 2 will haunt my dreams for the rest of eternity 

29 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Nice to have a bit of confirmed information. I wonder if we'll get Snape as well, given his absence from the Great Hall. I really want a new Alan Rickman minifig (RIP).

19 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m glad we’re getting a new car, since I lost the 2010 one a few years ago...

You sure you didn't just activate the Invisibility Booster by mistake?

2 hours ago, Felkin said:

Nice to have a bit of confirmed information. I wonder if we'll get Snape as well, given his absence from the Great Hall. I really want a new Alan Rickman minifig (RIP).

You sure you didn't just activate the Invisibility Booster by mistake?

I’m quite sure, sadly. I loved the build of the 2010 one and I bet this one will be even better! I’m excited to see the suitcase, but I’m hoping that not all the beasts are brick-built. It’s already weird to have a brick-built Fawkes mixing with a molded Thestral. 

Carriage set is underwhelming. Thestral looks great, figures look lackluster and not accurate enough. Build itself could have used more pieces (132 pieces for $19.99) Would have preferred the carriage build to be more similar to this user's version from 2008. Not sure it is worth the price currently unless you really want the Thestral.

I think if the Suitcase does happen, it would probably draw some level of inspiration from the 'Lego ideas Pop-up Book'

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m quite sure, sadly. I loved the build of the 2010 one and I bet this one will be even better! I’m excited to see the suitcase, but I’m hoping that not all the beasts are brick-built. It’s already weird to have a brick-built Fawkes mixing with a molded Thestral. 

Yeah, not a fan of the idea of having some brick-built and some molded. Will probably be tracking down the original Basilisk and Fawkes to go alongside the Thestral.

9 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

The suitcase set from Beasts (in my opinion) is a fantastic one as well...

Thanks for the info :classic: Do you remember which minigigs are in the set?

Odd if the WW only have two figs in a 70$ HP set :sceptic:

@Sir von Lego thanks for the info. Highly appreciated as always :classic:

Do you any info about the upcoming CMFs? I mean the August and January releases 

Thanks in advance :classic:

40 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

@Sir von Lego thanks for the info. Highly appreciated as always :classic:

Do you any info about the upcoming CMFs? I mean the August and January releases 

Thanks in advance :classic:

it seemed to be a fake list, last time. e

If it wasn’t obvious before, I can say  the cmf list is fake. Granted there is still a chance whoever made the list guessed and some how got some right, the list itself is fake 

I think it is a good chance FB are included in CMF, it makes more sense in a wizarding world context and some place the FB figs must be :wink:

10 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I think it is a good chance FB are included in CMF, it makes more sense in a wizarding world context and some place the FB figs must be :wink:

Sadly I’m pretty sure the cmf figures will only be Harry Potter. Think about it like this. Both marvel and dc are technically under the theme superhero’s but they are two distinct themes. Based on the leaked catalogue, there was no broader Wizarding world banner only distinct banners for Harry Potter and fantastic beasts. This means they are two distinct themes. So the cmf series will be based on one or the other, with very strong rumors pointing it being Harry Potter. While in peoples eyes it might make sense for Lego to include both, based on how Lego has marketed this as two distinct theme, it would be like a marvel/dc combined cmf series. Harry Potter will probably face this problem too but there will be fantastic beast characters that are missing in this first wave.

Edited by Falconfan1414

Yes, while that is true; DC and Marvel are 2 different brands with different ownership, while HP and FB are from the same owner. So I would rather compare this theme to the LEGO Lord of the Rings and Hobbit waves.

I know nothing about the figures in the upcoming HP CMF, but I see the Marvel/DC comparison frequently and I don't think it's a good comparison. 

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Sadly I’m pretty sure the cmf figures will only be Harry Potter. Think about it like this. Both marvel and dc are technically under the theme superhero’s but they are two distinct themes. Based on the leaked catalogue, there was no broader Wizarding world banner only distinct banners for Harry Potter and fantastic beasts. This means they are two distinct themes. So the cmf series will be based on one or the other, with very strong rumors pointing it being Harry Potter. While in peoples eyes it might make sense for Lego to include both, based on how Lego has marketed this as two distinct theme, it would be like a marvel/dc combined cmf series. Harry Potter will probably face this problem too but there will be fantastic beast characters that are missing in this first wave.

You may be right, but I was about to post something similar to this:

19 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Yes, while that is true; DC and Marvel are 2 different brands with different ownership, while HP and FB are from the same owner. So I would rather compare this theme to the LEGO Lord of the Rings and Hobbit waves.

I know nothing about the figures in the upcoming HP CMF, but I see the Marvel/DC comparison frequently and I don't think it's a good comparison. 

I agree :thumbup: We never had a Middle-earth CMFs so it is guessing, but at least it is comparable to HP/FB. Pretty sure we never will have have a combined marvel and dc cmfs, but I think a wizarding world is definitely possible :tongue:

23 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

I feel the same way.

LOTR vs Hobbit is a good way to look at it, or DC Super Heroes vs Lego Batman Movie. Two distinct series/themes with their own branding, but with the same license owner, and probably the same (or very similar) terms, with some definite overlap between them, including specific characters.

I think for now they (HP and FB) will fly under different banners, since FB merch is brand new and HP is making a grand return. However, I would not be surspised to see them eventually unite under a "Wizarding World" (e.g.) theme the same way that Star Wars sets now do: perhaps they get a small title card ("Rebels" for example) in the corner of the box, but for all practical purposes belong to the same theme.

On 16.03.2018 at 11:49 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Actually I’m pretty sure it’s 75951. There will be another fantastic beasts set based of the 2nd movie 

The original stuff was from a leak, what I am saying isn’t from the leak

But 75951 is Girindelwald's Escape. I am confused right now.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But 75951 is Girindelwald's Escape. I am confused right now.

Sorry it’s 75950 I think I’m not 100% sure about set numbers 

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Sorry it’s 75950 I think I’m not 100% sure about set numbers 

Now I am even more confused, because 76950 was supposed to be Aragog set :grin:

22 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Are there only 2 characters in this set?

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think it's safe to say the previous leaks we saw can't be trusted so I'd just go with what's officially revealed and possibly the set numbers, D2C and CMF

I Would have liked a hogwarts uniforms like the picture for the CMF and the D2C. 

The printed torso would be the same like the hogwarts hall with a modified cape. In fact, we saw that in the futur set, the students would not have any cape or any uniform.

My dream would be the uniform like in the photo:

27803573000_12ae62a284_b.jpg

picture from  lego3x11l

Edited by Black Numenorean

15 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

I Would have liked a hogwarts uniforms like the picture for the CMF and the D2C. 

The printed torso would be the same like the hogwarts hall with a modified cape. In fact, we saw that in the futur set, the students would not have any cape or any uniform.

picture from  lego3x11l

That would be cool. Can't see them doing it somehow though.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Are there only 2 characters in this set?

I don’t remember, sorry

von Lego would you happen to remember if the suitcase set was based on the first beasts movie or the new one? And if you could share anything about the third set?

15 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

That'd be ideal as I did like the old jumpers best with the House logos on.  I am aware that they weren't move accurate but I still though they were an awsome design.