Sariel

Another YouTuber stealing your Technic videos

A compliment, :angry:

This is stealing someone else is property.

I see what you mean, stealing is not ok, but, at least to me, something has to be good to be worth stealing.

but you have to remember there are thousands if not millions of channels on youtube, so they can't monitor all of them...

but you have to remember there are thousands if not millions of channels on youtube, so they can't monitor all of them...

True. Apparently one hour of video is uploaded to Youtube every second, so Youtube would need 17,176 staff just to keep up with all the videos being added (assuming 40 hours a week minus 28 days of leave per year). Add to that the time spent investigating whether a video has been copied and you have a big dent in Google's (bigger, tax-free) profits.

Guys its rather simple, just issue a copyright strike. If your the owner of the original video then just follow these instructions to file the claim.

1. Scroll down to the description
  2. Click on more
  3. Click on Infringes my rights
  4. Then select Infringes my copyright

Or just follow this form: https://www.youtube.com/copyright_complaint_form

Usually it's a three strikes then you're out system.

But several of the mentioned videos are down already. Like I said, get this guy 3 strikes and he's done. Someone tell Madoca his video was stolen.

I guess, if you think about it, this could kind of be taken like a compliment, that someone thought your video was good enough to steal... :wink:

My videos was not stolen :cry_sad: I need to make better videos! :hmpf_bad:

It would only (and barely) be a compliment to upload a video if you say that the video is not yours and you give all of the credits to the original creator, is similar to many other life situations, for example, you can create a vehicle with very similar or the same features or concept of other vehicles, but you must say that the inspiration or the main concept are from other people design, you must give the credits (and sometimes pay for the rights), because if you dont, that is considered plagiarism, whether they are or are not well intentioned.

Edited by ImanolBB

This account has been closed due to numerous reported third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted :classic::thumbup:

How do you find out your video has been stolen? Is there some sort of automated monitoring that can be set up?

How do you find out your video has been stolen? Is there some sort of automated monitoring that can be set up?

ContentID I suppose

Sadly, because most of these people who steal the videos barely write that the videos are about Legos, it is really hard to find the stolen videos, most of the time they are found randomly, what is good about this community (Eurobricks), is that because many of the people know every popular creators and their videos, is easy to know if a video was stolen by other user; i also suggest to create a topic about stolen videos and their uploaders, so we can easily browse in that topic for an specific video or user and see if they have been already reported in that topic and if not, any member can report them, and in some cases report them in YouTube if the problem keeps or gets worst.

Edited by ImanolBB

upon closer inspection, I'm pretty sure all of his videos are stolen. I'm reporting his channel.

Edited by MRP_

29 minutes ago, JJ2 said:

This video looks familiar

I wonder if there should be a pinned topic on this forum that links to stolen content. As it would be a good idea for people to have it ina  single location see if their content has been stolen, and reported.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

I think it would be a good idea Tommy.  I think that as a community we all have a vested interest in trying to protect the hobby.  I say protect it because we want to protect the talent therein.  If people are getting their videos and creations ripped off all the time, they may have less interest in sharing.  Those that share, know, that making videos and taking the time to make good photos takes time, energy, and resources. 

Other Lego-community sites are quick to report "iffy" practices.  I know anytime on BL if there is a suspicious sale the community is quick to report it. 

Edited by nerdsforprez

49 minutes ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

I wonder if there should be a pinned topic on this forum that links to stolen content. As it would be a good idea for people to have it ina  single location see if their content has been stolen, and reported.

That would be a great thing to have

Is so bad that there is still people who who just rips the videos of other users with no reason more than to get subscribers and likes (which they don´t get), about the pinned topic, will create it? i ask this because i would like to avoid posting a topic and realizing there was another one posted at the same time (at least that "pinned" topics can only be posted by certain users and not by everyone).