Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

@Mesabi:

Great calculation! However, you forgot the AMRCA vessels :)

I sent two class 6 vessels to there so that will be a huge upkeep for me :)

In zone 26, there is a Carnoan port/Island. What is the name? Can't make it out on the map. Help appreciated.

25 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

@Bregir Poorvintia

Doesn't have any trade value, though... at least I didn't find any in the Account Sheet.

That name sounds like single digits :D

On 28.10.2017 at 12:55 PM, Drunknok said:

I have a question regarding plantations and their sometimes higher yields. It is known that certain plantations generate a higher income, given that the right plant is grown at the right location. How do I get confirmation on the specific "high yield crop" though?

Say I guess it could be either plant A or B, and I build and license one plantation for each. When and how will I get told whether A or B  is "the one"?

I feel like this got somewhat lost. I have built both a Stevia and Agave plantation in Mesabi Landing, as a test just as described above. When and how will I get a result in terms of knowing what this rumoured "sweetest fruit" is?

@Drunknok It should show as a slightly higher property yield for the appropriate plant next month. However, as you've licensed two plantations it'd make sense to send you a PM or let you know in another way what plant is the one. If you've actually hit the right one, which I don't know.

Hey, un-woke individual here. Is there a way to import images from Flickr or Something because Euro Bricks doesn't like large images. Thanks a ton!

16 minutes ago, TheCubbScout said:

Hey, un-woke individual here. Is there a way to import images from Flickr or Something because Euro Bricks doesn't like large images. Thanks a ton!

If you reply to a thread, below the "text box" on the right side there is a button called "Insert other media". Click on it, then choose "Insert image from URL", and do so. Done. 

Edited by Drunknok

24 minutes ago, TheCubbScout said:

You can also go through "share picture" -> "BBCode" with your preferred size and just paste that here. It automatically converts everything:D

It's still not working. Any ideas why?

It has a red highlight on the text box where I paste the url

Edited by TheCubbScout

24173209948_1f5408621c_o.png

Click that button

37994344312_cf230b535c_o.png

select the resulution (using the pic above - excuse the few options and german language, but it should be similar) and copy the URL (CTRL+C)

37316072344_d51fbb3fd0_o.png

Paste it here (CTRL+V)

24173275858_4d713d4632_o.png

Optionally: delete the extra text.

There is a thread with all the island descriptions, but for the life of me I can not find it. Can somebody please help and provide the thread link? Thanks in advance!

Just now, Drunknok said:

There is a thread with all the island descriptions, but for the life of me I can not find it. Can somebody please help and provide the thread link? Thanks in advance!

It's in the master index, quite a bit down under 'other indexes' 

Link 1, 2, 3

Boy, was that hard to do on mobile 

Edited by Spud The Viking

23 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

It's in the master index, quite a bit down under 'other indexes' 

Link 1, 2, 3

Boy, was that hard to do on mobile 

Those are the droids threads I am looking for. Thank you!

@Drunknok This was in another thread, but it should really be here.

So, you've licensed like 6 builds this month, and you're only supposed to do 3 (Unfortunately) It's okay, you didn't know, but I think I have a solution that would fix things.

By my count, you have 3 Weelond builds, 2 Mesabi Landing Plantations, and 1 Elizabethville plantation. Mesabi Landing would be willing to License the Plantations under the city, and I'm sure Elizabethville would do the same. That would get you the right numbers.

But that's only if things need to be fixed.

Just now, Mesabi said:

@Drunknok This was in another thread, but it should really be here.

So, you've licensed like 6 builds this month, and you're only supposed to do 3 (Unfortunately) It's okay, you didn't know, but I think I have a solution that would fix things.

By my count, you have 3 Weelond builds, 2 Mesabi Landing Plantations, and 1 Elizabethville plantation. Mesabi Landing would be willing to License the Plantations under the city, and I'm sure Elizabethville would do the same. That would get you the right numbers.

But that's only if things need to be fixed.

I just learned about it. There were some more licenses (Arlinsport reading room, Cole residence). I hope I can clear this up, but not today.

If one of the Powers That Be reads this: please PM me, and if in doubt the Weelond licenses can be cancelled for now.

Just now, Drunknok said:

I just learned about it. There were some more licenses (Arlinsport reading room, Cole residence). I hope I can clear this up, but not today.

If one of the Powers That Be reads this: please PM me, and if in doubt the Weelond licenses can be cancelled for now.

I'd suggest we let it slide for this once, and then ask you to respect it in the future. Will get back to you if the rest of leadership objects. :)

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

I'd suggest we let it slide for this once, and then ask you to respect it in the future. Will get back to you if the rest of leadership objects. :)

If that works out, it is definitely fine by me, thank you.

4 hours ago, Bregir said:

I'd suggest we let it slide for this once, and then ask you to respect it in the future.

I'm fine with this. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

While we are on this topic: is there a way to license more than three properties a month? For example: can settlements, instead of players, give out licenses to properties in or around them? Or is it possible to buy additional licenses by paying a premium on them?

Just now, Drunknok said:

While we are on this topic: is there a way to license more than three properties a month? For example: can settlements, instead of players, give out licenses to properties in or around them? Or is it possible to buy additional licenses by paying a premium on them?

The entity that makes the payment (and thus owns the property) is the one using up its limit. Settlements, players, factions, and chartered companies are the ones that has this limit.

6 minutes ago, Bregir said:

The entity that makes the payment (and thus owns the property) is the one using up its limit. Settlements, players, factions, and chartered companies are the ones that has this limit.

So if I understand it correctly, as an example: @Mesabi could license three properties as Count Mesabi, three more by Mesabi Landing, and another three by the WTC. Is that right?

Edited by Drunknok

Just now, Drunknok said:

So if I understand it correctly, as an example: Mesabi could license three properties as Count Mesabi, three by Mesabi Landing, and another three by the WTC. Is that right?

Three by Mesabi and three by Mesabi's Landing, yes. The WTC only if it is an officially chartered trade company, which at the moment it is not. But you've got the idea, yes.

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

Three by Mesabi and three by Mesabi's Landing, yes. The WTC only if it is an officially chartered trade company, which at the moment it is not. But you've got the idea, yes.

Excellent, thanks.

What is the difference between a trade company and an officially chartered trade company, and how do you get to "second level"? The EGS rules seem to only mention the first one.