Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[SR - FB 4 June 17] The Rogers Inn

What will Tortuga became without its famed tavern !

With its special atmosphere recognizable anywhere !

The Inn :

b0fl.jpg

Oggy, the boss :

qyn7.jpg

Captain's corner :

9azx.jpg

No weapons allowed :

4kdy.jpg

Things are enough heated !

7gfd.jpg

The jolly roger :

izya.jpg

A medium tavern for Tortuga !

Heave Ho !

Great touch with the skull pattern! Of course the first property of a new sea rat colony must be a tavern! Good job!

I see potential for getting Eslandolan customers that are looking for a more discreet location here. Nice of you to start building wihtin the reach of our new royal fort :wink: Thought I'd mention it just in case. But I in the current time and space I see more opportunities.

What, no weapons allowed?  Bah!  (I suppose that doesn't include hidden ones, though... :pir-laugh: :pir-grin:)  Nice work with this tavern, Professor, and quite fitting as a way to start off a Sea Rat settlement! :laugh:  I'm liking that hat and coat rack and the dart target by the door too :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

I see potential for getting Eslandolan customers that are looking for a more discreet location here. Nice of you to start building wihtin the reach of our new royal fort :wink: Thought I'd mention it just in case. But I in the current time and space I see more opportunities.

...in case of an attack on Tortuga you mean? Thank you very much for offering your support! At least this is what I'm reading in your post, since the range of a fort has practically no impact on surrounding settlements. Except of course the above mentioned case that you plan to defend our small peaceful colony against rude intruders :pir-classic:

"beautiful" (in a strange way *huh* ) tavern! I love the skull design at the floor and you've managed to make quite an atmosphere with those sailors brawling and those captains being stern! Half empty glasses are also a very smart idea I'll sometime bluntly steal :tongue:.

But I am sincerely curious: Who does this halberd belong to????? :laugh: :grin: :grin:

Great tavern and very fitting.... although somewhat cleaner than I imagined a sea rats tavern to be... I guess it is brand new :pir_tong2:

4 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

...in case of an attack on Tortuga you mean? Thank you very much for offering your support! At least this is what I'm reading in your post, since the range of a fort has practically no impact on surrounding settlements. Except of course the above mentioned case that you plan to defend our small peaceful colony against rude intruders :pir-classic:

I have no quarrel with the free men that call themselves Sea Rats. Your faction are actually the faction with closest resemblance to current Eslandolan policies (maybe not those Rats that have chosen the pirate trade). So, as long as there are no attacks on merchant fleets going to and from Puerto Desafio, there is no reason why we should not be mutually beneficial neighboors. Personally I offer my support against rude intruders anywhere :wink:

17 hours ago, Garmadon said:

What, no weapons allowed?  Bah!  (I suppose that doesn't include hidden ones, though... :pir-laugh: :pir-grin:)  Nice work with this tavern, Professor, and quite fitting as a way to start off a Sea Rat settlement! :laugh:  I'm liking that hat and coat rack and the dart target by the door too :thumbup:

The brethren of the coast are renowned for the special atmosphere of their inns

no need of weapon to jump at each other throats !

The skull in the floor tiling is the perfect touch! I also like the detail of the hat rack, weapons stash, and dartboard by the door. Some interesting characters, too. My only complaint: it feels too clean! :pir-grin:

I like your little Bar, Thaum. The skull is a nice touch. I like your cast of characters too.

Nice tavern you've got there, professor! I like the bar (although the shelves are looking a little empty! Crisis incoming! :P), the scattered, angled tables, and the skull. 

If I were to offer some advice, I would suggest mixing up the colours a bit. Grey floor with grey walls makes it look somewhat cold. Darker colours could give it a more cosy/shady look, as could a few half walls or so to create some discreet corners for scheming! :D

All in all nice, tavern - and good to see the Sea Rats expanding! ;) 

Noboby has noticed the professor is wearing Corrington uniform?:grin:

The inn is quite spacious, with some interesting details, I like the tilted floor with the jolly roger pattern.

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

Noboby has noticed the professor is wearing Corrington uniform?:grin:

Indeed

10 hours ago, Bregir said:

I like the bar (although the shelves are looking a little empty! Crisis incoming! :P), the scattered, angled tables, and the skull. 

The rats are binge drinker... the bottles don't stay on the shelves for long :grin:

On 01/07/2017 at 2:52 AM, Sir Stig said:

Nice of you to start building wihtin the reach of our new royal fort :wink: Thought I'd mention it just in case. But I in the current time and space I see more opportunities.

You're asked to check all your nautical and geographical charts. Neither the Turtle Island nor Tortuga are within the reach of your royal fort (I checked it twice on 2 different charts to be totally sure). :pir-sweet:

The Sea Rats could provide Eslandola with talented cartographers if you're in trouble to figure your strategical settlements :pir-grin:

However... ships reaching Puerto Desafio from west will certainly travel within Tortuga's ships reach :cannon::devil_laugh:

Edited by Professor Thaum