Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

In other animal news, one of the upcoming Ninjago sets seems to use the new baby Norbert mold from Harry Potter in unprinted gold as a statue—reminiscent of how the old baby Norbert mold was used similarly in the Fire Temple set.

Hmmm...The tiny unprinted golden dragon I can spot perched on the hand of a big statue in an upcoming Ninjago set does not look like the same mold as baby Norbert from 76428 : it seems to have a different posture, with a lower head carriage. 

34 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Knowing Lego we'll get some sort of purple cyborg giraffe before a proper Minifigure-scale one :pir-bawling:

Sure why not? lol

Anyways, with Nobet dragon reused as a golden statue, I would like to see Lego to make a new mold for cat - a standard. Sitting cat.  It would be nice to reuse it as a golden statue for Johnny Thunder’s desert quest!

50 minutes ago, Aurore said:

Hmmm...The tiny unprinted golden dragon I can spot perched on the hand of a big statue in an upcoming Ninjago set does not look like the same mold as baby Norbert from 76428 : it seems to have a different posture, with a lower head carriage. 

Looking at bigger pictures now, you're right! I actually think that's probably preferable since this one seems to have more molded detail to compensate slightly for the lack of printing.

81R2tZqyWDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

An entirely new tiny dragon mold just for a statue? I wonder if this is proof that D&D cmf leaflet leak was fake after all? It seems crazy for lego to release 3 different mini dragon molds in the same year. 

Posted (edited)

I think I saw a set description for a large Ninjago dragon that described a new mold for multiple small “source dragons” or spirit dragons - I think they were what this new mold was created for and it additionally found another use in this set as a statue 

“71822 Source dragon of fire $150 1716pcs - It is mostly red and orange, with some orange, yellow and black details. It should also have some transparent pieces for fire details. it has a new dragon head mold and big horns. the set includes the 6 other source dragons in spirit form. It has a figure who is the character featured on the Gong of Shattering. They have a new head mold with small horns, red eyes and teeth.“

It sounds like the small dragon mold we saw today will be used to portray the “source dragons. 

edit: over on the Ninjago discussion page there’s someone saying the source dragons will be the same mold as the new gold dragon statue but in transparent orange. Hopefully they have eye prints but if they’re transparent they might not 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

The D&D CMF leak might not reflect the final designs of the figs.

5 hours ago, Lion King said:

So that’s 3 dragon molds in the same year?

Yep looks like it! And four in the last two years including Riyu- what an amazing thing happen to happen since the og baby dragon mold was discontinued. 

I think better of the reason is that these are different dragons for different themes where maybe the designers worked in isolation from each other. 

I definitely think the dnd cmf will get that new leaked dragon mold too because the flying / horizontal dragons we’ve got this year look harder to pose on a minifigure hand compared to the sitting leaked dragon 

4 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Yep looks like it! And four in the last two years including Riyu- what an amazing thing happen to happen since the og baby dragon mold was discontinued. 

I think better of the reason is that these are different dragons for different themes where maybe the designers worked in isolation from each other. 

I definitely think the dnd cmf will get that new leaked dragon mold too because the flying / horizontal dragons we’ve got this year look harder to pose on a minifigure hand compared to the sitting leaked dragon 

That goona be insane for four new dragons within two years!! 

I think you are right about dragon from DnD CMF Series could have a sitting position (if so, then at last!!!). 

This is my wild guess (and most unlikely, mayb) but as Space sets are scheduled to be retired by end of this year, i feel like dragon molds could point us to crossing theme “Casstle” in 2025. It’s just unlikely becuase I don’t think Harry Potter and DnD will be part of in-house crosscutting theme “Castle”.

Posted (edited)

Leaked description but no image yet. Looks like there will be Allosaurus in Jurasic World theme. 

It’ would be great to have Stegosaurus and Allosaurus in one small wave!

Edited by Lion King

Posted (edited)

The City Downtown Tram set has leaked and it has the brown lab with service vest in it. Looks to be the same colors used for the prison island and firehouse sets, but it comes with the guide dog harness in yellow to match the vest, so presumably the printing barely visible under the harness is more neutral than the police and firefighter logos on the previous examples. 

UPDATE: the team sets vested dog isn’t a new color but the City advent calendar DOES have a new color of vested dog! Looks like a yellow lab in tan with a green vest (probably printed as a holiday sweater). The white kitten also makes an appearance in the calendar. 

Edited by Accio Lego

19 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

the City advent calendar DOES have a new color of vested dog! 

Where are you seeing that? 

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Where are you seeing that? 

brick_clicker’s Instagram story

1 hour ago, SketchBrick said:

I love the dog with the printed holiday sweater! Great use of that part.

Yeah, full pics have dropped and that’s definitely a holiday sweater. What I really like is that four of the minifigs plus the baby also have similarly styled sweaters - it’s a little matching family!

That dog with vest looks darn cute!   My. Guide dog, yellow lab, wil be happy to see more labs in City sets, lol.

That golden dragon on the statue ... a purple recolor and it would look pretty darn close to Kitty Pryde's pet dragon Lockheed from the X-men ... 

48 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

That golden dragon on the statue ... a purple recolor and it would look pretty darn close to Kitty Pryde's pet dragon Lockheed from the X-men ... 

It is indeed the year of the dragon 🐉

9 minutes ago, williejm said:

It is indeed the year of the dragon 🐉

Normal dragoN

Draonic dinosaur 

robot dragon

alien robot

8 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope. 

The new animals had all leaked before, so there’s nothing crazy as far as animal molds go in the leaks. Plenty of frogs adding a little biodiversity in all but the red panda set, and the gorilla set also has a spider, a fish, and the morpho butterfly. 

The new animals do look great - I particularly like the olive crocs.

Lego slowly catching up with Playmobil!

p.s. I might stop moaning about that one day when Lego also has their own okapi, manatee and anteater families!