Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

I haven't been paying attention to the city leaks so seeing all these animals now the official pictures are up is a really nice surprise.

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Still no goat?

If the survey leak sets are 2024-2025 like the leakers have been suggesting then we'll have one by then!

6 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

Is it just me, or does set #60398 - House with electric car, look like it has a new dog mold? I don't think I've seen that version of a dog before ... Could be wrong. (spotted in the usual location)

Oh, maybe it's just a recolor of the recent German Shepard puppy mold?

Exact same pup, I think 

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Still no goat?

It’s inside the orca

Dreamzzz animals seem to be mainly brick-built. I was excited for the new armoured horse but oh well. Lots of new exciting parts regardless.

Great White is a smaller set is nice but I want the Orca.  Orca usually travels in pods.... it's gonna be more expensive than Rivendell to get a pod of Orcas XD

1 hour ago, Pchan1983 said:

it's gonna be more expensive than Rivendell to get a pod of Orcas XD

Large animal moulds are always ridiculously expensive on PAB, so assuming ~£10 per orca, you can get a good size pod for around £100. If you got that many only buying the set you might be looking at up to 2-3 Rivendells 

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Someone should give Roebuck a diazepam

Genuinely worried we've not heard from Roebuck. Hope it's not a case of fainting in front of the computer!

6 hours ago, hikouki said:

Still no goat?

They're planning a brick-build green unicorn goat for Dreamzzz next year. And a goat Patronus for Harry Potter in 2025. :sarcasm_hmpf:

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Someone should give Roebuck a diazepam

:laugh:

3 hours ago, AstroFalcon said:

Dreamzzz animals seem to be mainly brick-built. I was excited for the new armoured horse but oh well. Lots of new exciting parts regardless.

That was a little disappointing with all the animal in the sets names yes :sadnew:

53 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Genuinely worried we've not heard from Roebuck. Hope it's not a case of fainting in front of the computer!

No need to worry :grin: I just saw the pictures this morning before I went to work, but have been in the forest doing fieldwork away from the computer the rest of the day so could not comment before now.

Fantastic news with all the animal moulds :wub_drool: If City designers keep this up they will give Playmobile a run for their money :laugh:
E.g a few year ago they would never have given us 2 bear cubs in a set if they could only give us 1 instead.
I have not seen a good picture of the parrot and owl so they might be new colours?

Looks like there is glow in the dark fish now in the shark set if that has not been noted here yet..
3+2 butterflies in the Friends botanical garden the new one is Morpho peleides it even has it mentioned on the back of the box :sweet:

44 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Looks like there is glow in the dark fish now in the shark set if that has not been noted here yet..
3+2 butterflies in the Friends botanical garden the new one is Morpho peleides it even has it mentioned on the back of the box :sweet:

🤓

47 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Also seems to be a set of the previously-only-available-in-Coral marine animal accessories in yellow in the largest Monkie Kid set. Plus some hilarious undersea ‘villains’

OMG. Well, I was excited about the Arctic Explorer ship before I knew the orca was being resurrected.

I mean it's only taken 5 years since it was cancelled (2018 TRU collapse) but boy is it worth the wait. Even the goofy little face.

And better yet, we get a small set with seals. Time to reenact those brutal scenes from David Attenborough's Wild Isles methinks :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Time to reenact those brutal scenes from David Attenborough's Wild Isles methinks :laugh:

Probably why they put the orca in a set of its own so it do not eat up the other animals in the subtheme:tongue:

46 minutes ago, williejm said:

Also seems to be a set of the previously-only-available-in-Coral marine animal accessories in yellow in the largest Monkie Kid set

:thumbup:

The friends botanical garden includes a new print of the yellow duck in brown this time. I see at least 2 of them.

12 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

Great White is a smaller set is nice but I want the Orca.  Orca usually travels in pods.... it's gonna be more expensive than Rivendell to get a pod of Orcas XD

Not if you order orcas off PAB

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

Not if you order orcas off PAB

I've only recently started using it; do the large animal moulds from these types of sets usually end up on the PAB site for order?

1 hour ago, SketchBrick said:

I've only recently started using it; do the large animal moulds from these types of sets usually end up on the PAB site for order?

Probably? Hopefully? There were real problems trying to get the elephant last year. Follow this thread and you'll hear tales of daring do as people share their adventures navigating the various methods of trying to acquire it individually from LEGO.

6 hours ago, dvt said:

The friends botanical garden includes a new print of the yellow duck in brown this time. I see at least 2 of them.

Oh good spot, totally missed that! Funny to see them finally using that piece as an actual duck, since I think it's only ever officially been used as a toy one.

I just might have to get that gorgeous set.

10 hours ago, Lucarex said:

OMG. Well, I was excited about the Arctic Explorer ship before I knew the orca was being resurrected.

I mean it's only taken 5 years since it was cancelled (2018 TRU collapse) but boy is it worth the wait. Even the goofy little face.

And better yet, we get a small set with seals. Time to reenact those brutal scenes from David Attenborough's Wild Isles methinks :laugh:

Lego form has never had an orca. Duplo, yes, but not lego.

35 minutes ago, dvt said:

Lego form has never had an orca. Duplo, yes, but not lego.

They’re referring to the last time the arctic explorer subtheme had sets in 2018. At the time there were rumors suggesting a research ship with an orca, but it apparently got scrapped for various reasons. That’s why so many people have been specifically expecting an orca since this year’s summer city subtheme set names dropped. 

14 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Probably? Hopefully? There were real problems trying to get the elephant last year. Follow this thread and you'll hear tales of derring do as people share their adventures navigating the various methods of trying to acquire it individually from LEGO.

Was there an similiar issue with Great White Shark in 2020 too?

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

Was there an similiar issue with Great White Shark in 2020 too?

If I remember correctly it was a constantly changing situation with the Great White too. 

So….

2020 - We got Anglerfish, Hammerhead shark, Manta ray in Ocean subtheme and it’s 3 new animal molds.  Not to mention, there was a new turtle mold from CMF S20 in the same year.

2021 - We got Lion (male), Lion cub, Monkey, Elephant, Elephant calf in Wildlife Rescu subtheme and it was 5 new animal molds.

2022 - We got Piglet, Lamb, Cow calf and it was 3 new animal molds in Farm subtheme. I’m not counting a sheep mold if it cam with a fleece piece… And we got foal from CMF S22 in the same year

2023 - We will get Orca, Seal, Baby seal, Polar bear cub, and Turtle and it will be 5 new animal molds in Arctic Ocean subtheme. 

Noticing a pattern?

Edited by Lion King

36 minutes ago, Lion King said:

So….

2020 - we got Anglerfish, Hammerhead shark, Manta ray in Ocean subtheme and it’s 3 new animal molds.  Not to mention, there was a new turtle mold from CMF S20 in the same year. 2021 - We got Lion (male), Lion cub, Monkey, Elephant, Elephant calf in Wildlife Rescu subtheme and it was 5 new animal molds.

2022 - We got Piglet, Lamb, Cow calf and it was 3 new animal molds in Farm subtheme. I’m not counting a sheep mold if it cam with a fleece piece… And we got foal from CMF S22 in the same year

2023 - We will get Orca, Seal, Baby seal, Polar bear cub, and Turtle and it will be 5 new animal molds in Arctic Ocean subtheme. 

Noticing a pattern?

Definitely a strong pattern, I wonder what we'll get next year?

Also there are a few other new moulds included with CMFs, like the falcon and koala from this year, and last year's toucan.