Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I actually think it is over 50 now that I have seen the picture *huh*
Not that I have much use for pink frogs, but this must be the set with most animals ever by a huge margin :grin:

First picture I saw was super blurred, so guessed on the low end but yes, looks at least 50 now.

On 11/20/2020 at 8:21 PM, TeriXeri said:

The pteranodon wings in the flower bouquet set are hilarious.

This is a harness on Labrador which it’s a guide dog for a blind/visually impaired figure. :)

On 11/20/2020 at 3:20 PM, williejm said:

Loving the Labrador, and the assistance dog harness. That tractor set and the white rabbit is a disappointment though!

I’m going to call a (black) recolour of that Labrador mould, either in CMF or BAM 

I agree with you on Labrador’s color. Commonly it’s yellow, chocolate brown and black. It would be cool to see all them in different colors. Definitley perfect for CMF or BAM. 

I was hoping tractor set would come with goat and some rabbit in new color (maybe black spots on white?)

On 11/23/2020 at 9:08 AM, williejm said:

The pteranodon wings in the flower bouquet set are hilarious.

Ohhh i didn’t notice that! Yup it’s hilarious to see!

12 hours ago, tafkatb said:

I really like the new dog! I could see it recolored for a Dalmatian as well.

Better than that weird black and white shepherd they tried to pass off as a dalmatian :laugh_hard:

The next modular has a small blue bird, unfortunately no other animals included as far as I can see :def_shrug:

Edited by Roebuck

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

CMF S21 introduces an adorable hermit crab :wub:

That hermit crab is so cute! Hermit crabs were such a big deal when I was younger! Told my kids that we would never get one as a pet but they will totally get the Lego version!

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Ok, those aren’t new moulds, but we’re also getting a ladybug as a printed 1x1 circular tile and bees printed on a 2x2 tile :sweet:

And a new colour on the dolphin I think (in addition to the centaur) :sweet:

46 minutes ago, Gobias1234 said:

That hermit crab is so cute! Hermit crabs were such a big deal when I was younger! Told my kids that we would never get one as a pet but they will totally get the Lego version!

Looks like it has a stud attachment to ‘change’ shells ?

Excluding the stuff in the new CMF, the new dog (with assistance harness), the new frog in the flower set, new dinosaurs in JW and anything in the Friends line, are there any other animals (new molds or recolors) known for 2021 so far? (looking to see if there is anything that might fit in my zoo and pink frogs, dinosaurs, Friends animals, dogs, crabs and bugs don't fit with what I am doing)

2020 gave us a few nice animals including the lioness in the Safari Truck and the new color of owl in that one fire set, wondering if there is anything good like that for 2021...

I've not seen anything else...Let's hope the partnership with National Geographic goes on in 2021, and that the summer city "explorers/scientists" sets will bring us cool animals! :shark:

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

2020 gave us a few nice animals including the lioness in the Safari Truck and the new color of owl in that one fire set, wondering if there is anything good like that for 2021...

I got that Safari Truck set. I was so glad to get my hand on lioness! However, I am hoping a lion with mane will come in LEGO world if designers find a way for a movable neck part. 

42 minutes ago, Aurore said:

I've not seen anything else...Let's hope the partnership with National Geographic goes on in 2021, and that the summer city "explorers/scientists" sets will bring us cool animals! :shark:

Amen, sister. I mean that otter mould is just teasing us, and that orca needs to surface sometime. Recolours of some more marine critters wouldn’t go amiss either. 
Really doubt that the following two CMFs (assuming looney tunes and maybe Marvel or something else licenced) will yield anything animal wise ... so summer wave, and BAM seem to be the best hopes.

45 minutes ago, Aurore said:

I agreed. I think there was a National Geographic partnership with City’s Ocean subtheme. We got manta ray, great white shark, I think that’s we got for 2020? 

Please Nat Geo please!

Just now, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agreed. I think there was a National Geographic partnership with City’s Ocean subtheme. We got manta ray, great white shark, I think that’s we got for 2020? 

Please Nat Geo please!

And the anglerfish, hammerhead shark, and turtle in CMF (stingray rather than manta btw)  

we now get dolphin recolour and hermit crab, which is nice added ocean goodness. 

Edited by williejm

7 minutes ago, williejm said:

And the anglerfish, hammerhead shark, and turtle in CMF (stingray rather than manta btw)  

we now get dolphin recolour and hermit crab, which is nice added ocean goodness. 

I forgot about these marine creatures you mentioned. Duh me. 

Yeah recolored dolphin and hermit crab in the CMF S21 are realy neat!

i don’t think we would get orca since it’s a large scale to make mold. Same for Mosasaurus (from Jurasic World). I think we may get elephant. I think i saw it in Friends theme. 

I imagine the new puppy and kitten moulds from Friends will appeal to some of you guys who don’t normally like Friends animals. Friends has released some great looking baby animals with minifigure style eye prints in general. The only thing you need to get past is the hole for accessories, except for the baby dolphin where a hole would be there anyway. :P 

7 hours ago, jonwil said:

Excluding the stuff in the new CMF, the new dog (with assistance harness), the new frog in the flower set, new dinosaurs in JW and anything in the Friends line, are there any other animals (new molds or recolors) known for 2021 so far? (looking to see if there is anything that might fit in my zoo and pink frogs, dinosaurs, Friends animals, dogs, crabs and bugs don't fit with what I am doing)

Yes - ridiculous to think how many years Lego have been producing sets with minifigure scale animals and how there are still barely any 'zoo'-compatible animals. The turtle was a welcome addition this year but I'd really love a giraffe, zebra, kangaroo and hippo and a non-Friends sea lion.

I was researching a bit on lego elephant. I noticed that it has not appeared in any lego sets since 2003. The elephant’s appearance was in Scoption Palace, one of Orient Adventure’s sets. 

So - it has been 17 (soon to be 18) years without updating elephant figure. Friend-style elephant show in Friends sets recently. So why not we have non-Friends elephant? We already have Safari Off-Roader set with lioness and parrot this year. Probably we may get another safari-themed set in a near future? I hope so...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Raya and the Last Dragon set leak. There is what looks like a purple fox, and what I'm sure is the "dragon" seems to be an armadillo-like creature with a more hedgehog-looking face. The set shows a large "dragon" being ridden, but the images from the movie on IMDb show small young version. We'll probably get both.

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I was researching a bit on lego elephant. I noticed that it has not appeared in any lego sets since 2003. The elephant’s appearance was in Scoption Palace, one of Orient Adventure’s sets. 

So - it has been 17 (soon to be 18) years without updating elephant figure. Friend-style elephant show in Friends sets recently. So why not we have non-Friends elephant? We already have Safari Off-Roader set with lioness and parrot this year. Probably we may get another safari-themed set in a near future? I hope so...

It came in two colours in two sets, the cheapest way to get it was in 7414 Elephant Caravan. The Elephant was a stroke of genius from the designer, they managed to use a lot of existing parts from dinosaurs and still make it look great! It also is extremely poseable with all the moving parts :sweet: However if Lego were to make a updated elephant mould now I expect it to be similar to the mammoth that came out a couple of year ago since they do not have many parts they can recycle into a elephant it would most likely be two big parts without much movement. That said I do not say no to one :wink: I expect only City will have the budget to pull it of so a safari or zoo subtheme there would be our best hope :classic: 

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It came in two colours in two sets, the cheapest way to get it was in 7414 Elephant Caravan. The Elephant was a stroke of genius from the designer, they managed to use a lot of existing parts from dinosaurs and still make it look great! It also is extremely poseable with all the moving parts :sweet: However if Lego were to make a updated elephant mould now I expect it to be similar to the mammoth that came out a couple of year ago since they do not have many parts they can recycle into a elephant it would most likely be two big parts without much movement. That said I do not say no to one :wink: I expect only City will have the budget to pull it of so a safari or zoo subtheme there would be our best hope :classic: 

Ah i forgot about 7414 Elephant Caravan set! I think i missed that chance, oh well. 

Anyways, I totally agree with your post above. It would be awesome to have some elephant in City’s zoo or subtheme Safari (Or jungle since there are African and Asian elephants). :) With mammoth figure, it would be cool to ahve one. I didn’t know there was a mammoth in a set a few years ago?