I can't seem to find it on a quick search. Is there any way to get out of the rich text editor for replies and just use a plain text editor? It causes all sorts of minor inconveniences in it's current set up. I'd much prefer to just manually add tags as needed.

Specifically I'd like to remove these empty quotes, which I can't find a way to do. Even leaving the thread and returning as them pre-saved there somewhere.

NsmY74G.png

11 minutes ago, Yoggington said:

I can't seem to find it on a quick search. Is there any way to get out of the rich text editor for replies and just use a plain text editor? It causes all sorts of minor inconveniences in it's current set up. I'd much prefer to just manually add tags as needed.

There is no option to switch to a regular editor. That would be the Html/code view of the default editor. This is turned off to avoid other issues.

I know this can be a pain in the behind. I have experienced it myself.

Can you click on the arrow in the square to select a quote and delete it?

Hey there, I have a question about the EB Visual User Guide

Quote, "NOTICE: This guide is outdated as of the Sept 21, 2016 upgrade. The guide will be updated to the new site once the rest of the bugs are squished".

So my question is... Is the guide now updated or there exists a new one? I'm still new to this :P

Any specific assistance required? I think it has just been a case that no one thought to go through and update it more than anything!

24 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Any specific assistance required? I think it has just been a case that no one thought to go through and update it more than anything!

Basically I'm trying to know there exists a newer visual user guide considering that the original one says that it's not updated to today's EB. Mostly because I wanna learn how to post stuff right^

Thanks in advance btw^

Unfortunately there is not an updated version. That guide was made in 2012... The forum has had a number of changes over the years so it was not viable to keep updating it (as no one really had time!) 

From your posts, I would say you are doing okay :sweet:

7 hours ago, Jim said:

There is no option to switch to a regular editor. That would be the Html/code view of the default editor. This is turned off to avoid other issues.

I know this can be a pain in the behind. I have experienced it myself.

Can you click on the arrow in the square to select a quote and delete it?

Close, but not quite. Right click + cmd gives you a pop up option to remove the quote.

Which is a painfully long way around but hey, at least I know now. And I also know I will never try to visit this site on mobile :v

When you leave the thread and click into the text window again and the saved data is added you normally should get an option to clear the editor. That would save you to delete every quote after another

8 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Unfortunately there is not an updated version. That guide was made in 2012... The forum has had a number of changes over the years so it was not viable to keep updating it (as no one really had time!) 

From your posts, I would say you are doing okay :sweet:

Thank you :)

8 hours ago, Yoggington said:

Which is a painfully long way around but hey, at least I know now. And I also know I will never try to visit this site on mobile :v

Our mobile experience is not the best. I agree on that. We are working on upgrading the board in 2024 so maybe it will improve.

Hi, I'm looking for the section/forum where Dreamzzz mocs can be shared and discussed. Can anyone help me? I didn't see anything when I read through it and I don't want to post in the wrong place by mistake. Sorry I'm new and I felt it better to ask then to make a mistake.

1 hour ago, DreamsOfReality said:

Hi, I'm looking for the section/forum where Dreamzzz mocs can be shared and discussed. Can anyone help me? I didn't see anything when I read through it and I don't want to post in the wrong place by mistake. Sorry I'm new and I felt it better to ask then to make a mistake.

@DreamsOfReality action and adventure forum is where you'll want to put them!

How, please, can I delete my account? Would also prefer to delete my posts so as to leave minimal digital footprint, but I understand if that isn't permitted.

We don't really delete accounts, they can be changed to groups with no access to the forum, renamed or otherwise altered in the background, but not deleted. That is true for posts too, only Spam gets removed. If you have shared information you are uncomfortable with having on the internet, those posts can be removed, but otherwise not much else. 

Somehow a user can be immune to the ignore list? (not talking about Admins/Moderators/Special Titles)

"You are not allowed to ignore that member."

Edited by TeriXeri

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Somehow a user can be immune to the ignore list? (not talking about Admins/Moderators/Special Titles)

"You are not allowed to ignore that member."

Yup, we can't be ignored :laugh:

Send me a PM so I can check why you can't ignore that certain member.

This looks like a reasonable thread to post this in...

Just yesterday I noticed that embedded YouTube videos on here started auto-playing when I opened the thread. I've been playing around with it, and it seems somewhat inconsistent, but most of the time videos will just start playing when I scroll over them, especially if I haven't viewed them before.

I'm finding it pretty annoying to have to pause them all the time when I'm not interested in them, especially if I don't want audio going on in my surroundings!

Has anyone else had this happening? Any idea if it's a change or bug on the forum end, or if something's changed for me on the YouTube side?

We haven't changed anything on the board, so I do think it's an other external factor (youtube, browser settings, etc).

Normally embedded Youtube videos auto play in either of these cases:

1) The embed code contains 'autoplay=1', forcing it to auto play for everybody. I can confirm this not being the case because they do not auto play for me.

2) The embed code containing 'allow="autoplay"', in which case it takes over the setting each user has for their own Youtube account. In this case autoplay is a flip switch that can be turned off at the bottom section of the player (that's defaulted to on afaik).

Of course there might be other scenarios with custom browsers or plugins, can't say much about this.

@2GodBDGlory Maybe you accidentally clicked that auto play flip switch at the bottom of the player some time? It's happened to me before (and had me searching for a while) :wink:

1 hour ago, JesseNight said:

Normally embedded Youtube videos auto play in either of these cases:

1) The embed code contains 'autoplay=1', forcing it to auto play for everybody. I can confirm this not being the case because they do not auto play for me.

2) The embed code containing 'allow="autoplay"', in which case it takes over the setting each user has for their own Youtube account. In this case autoplay is a flip switch that can be turned off at the bottom section of the player (that's defaulted to on afaik).

Of course there might be other scenarios with custom browsers or plugins, can't say much about this.

@2GodBDGlory Maybe you accidentally clicked that auto play flip switch at the bottom of the player some time? It's happened to me before (and had me searching for a while) :wink:

Huh, that autoplay toggle suggestion sounded very reasonable, but it doesn't seem to have changed anything. Oh well, it'll quite possibly just go away on its own eventually!

Thanks

Edited by 2GodBDGlory

Dear Eurobricks Community,

I'd like to politely ask if there is a possibility to delete my posts, account and all data connected with it? I was trying to find such option in settings dashboard, but I haven't found anything.

Thank you for response in advance.

11 minutes ago, Heronicle said:

Dear Eurobricks Community,

I'd like to politely ask if there is a possibility to delete my posts, account and all data connected with it? I was trying to find such option in settings dashboard, but I haven't found anything.

Thank you for response in advance.

You've already deleted all of your....two posts :tongue:

We don't delete accounts, but I can remove your personal data (email address) from your account.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

You've already deleted all of your....two posts :tongue:

We don't delete accounts, but I can remove your personal data (email address) from your account.

Yeah, a drowning man catches at a straw, but the effect wasn't satisfactory hah.

If it's convienient to you, please remove my personal data from my account. Is it doable to delete or at least to change a nickname into "deleted" or something like that?
This is quite interesting that you don't delete accounts. I thought that it is always possible due to GDPR, especially in Eurobricks forum. 🤔