DugaldIC

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (instructions and parts list now available, thank you Thorsten50)

1 hour ago, Thorsten50 said:

I am almost ready

This is looking awesome! Thanks so much Thorsten, I can't wait to skim through and see how it all gets made step by step :wub:

2 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

This is looking awesome! Thanks so much Thorsten, I can't wait to skim through and see how it all gets made step by step :wub:

Is the rear wing tilting a bit too much?

3 hours ago, Thorsten50 said:

I am almost ready

Been patiently waiting!

56 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

Is the rear wing tilting a bit too much?

That's just the maxed out tilt of the rear wing, it can drop to almost the opposite tilt in the downward position. 

On 26-6-2017 at 10:47 PM, DugaldIC said:

Besides a few red and black panels/pieces you were nearly there. It looks good, other than the slant. I built it with the intentions of the torsion bars to hold it up which they do very well however there's not much you can do about it if you don't like torsion bars, although the thin book for display purposes works to.  I like your simple solution for the servo motor, this build was really meant to be RC so the steering wheel was just meant for show and to turn with the servo, not to try and turn the wheels. I've decided that the next cars I do there will be a manual/RC version and not use torsion bar so there isn't this issue :wink:

I'm not sure how it came across, but I certainly didn't mean to critisise the model. I think it's fantastic and I'll probably rebuild it with the PF, just to see it move.

Also @DugaldIC & @Thorsten50, The black Flex axle in the rear window I've used is 16L and seemed to fit as intended.

On 26-6-2017 at 10:53 PM, IA creations said:

Are the flex-axles from the posche enought for this car ?

You'll need a few beside those;

3x 12L in Orange

2x 19L Black

1x 16L Black (probably)

Edited by DutchChris

3 hours ago, DutchChris said:

I'm not sure how it came across, but I certainly didn't mean to critisise the model. I think it's fantastic model.

Also @DugaldIC & @Thorsten50, The black Flex axle in the rear window I've used is 16L and seemed to fit as intended.

Noo no I never took it as such,  I just simply like the idea of a model having a manual option. I think it's a good idea if people intend to build a moc that they have options especially if it's going to be displayed on a shelf! I might actually revisit this down the line and try to build a manual version myself :classic:

Thanks for the Flex axle update, It's hard to Remeber the lengths that I used. 

10 hours ago, DutchChris said:

The black Flex axle in the rear window I've used is 16L and seemed to fit as intende

@DugaldIC    Could that be the one that is 16L? I have an 19L on the instruction

I am ready. But there are problems when uplode on bricksafe.

And thus in the parts list on rebrickebel

Edited by Thorsten50

Instructions look fantastic Thoresten50. Thankyou to both yourself and DugaldlC for making these available to all.

Order is in for an extra 400 odd pieces and a Buwizz, Really looking forward to the build

Hoping this will be the first one built in New Zealand

Just went through the instructions and they are fanatastic. I am 3/4 through using the photo's but I will finish it off using the pdf. I am building the Buggatti Chiron at the same time. Two fantastic cars. Thanks to all involved to make these instructions happen!!. These are the best Lego Moc's I have built in the last ten years of building. When I'm done I will post on bricksafe. 

@Thorsten50 this is unreal!!! I can't thank you enough it looks amazing, people will be thrilled! 

2 hours ago, imadcobra said:

Instructions look fantastic Thoresten50. Thankyou to both yourself and DugaldlC for making these available to all. Hoping this will be the first one built in New Zealand

No problem, I'm glad you're excited to get started  :wink:

1 hour ago, technic_addict said:

Thanks @Thorsten50 and @DugaldIC

No problem, I'm excited to see it again. 

40 minutes ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

Just went through the instructions and they are fanatastic. I am 3/4 through using the photo's but I will finish it off using the pdf. I am building the Buggatti Chiron at the same time. Two fantastic cars. Thanks to all involved to make these instructions happen!!. These are the best Lego Moc's I have built in the last ten years of building. When I'm done I will post on bricksafe. 

That's awesome, thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying our builds because there will be plenty more to come! 

Hey, long time lurker here. Looks like a fantastic build and instructions, really inspiring. I've been eyeing up the Porsche for a while and using it as the start for the Aston, looks like making it a worthwhile purchase! Does anyone have a list of the extra parts required for this build not included in the Porsche set? Most of my technic parts are studded beams from the 1980s / early 90s. So I'm going to need to pick up a bunch of extra parts!

@Technic1980 welcome! Thanks for posting, I'm glad you've liked my build enough to post and look into the newer sets! However @LvdH is right on point with his link, happy hunting :wink:

I've started to build this beauty last weekend, and so far I didn't found any real problems, but I do have some minor comments about the instructions:

(note:  the pagenumbers correspond to the numbers printed on the page, not the actual pagenumbers from de pdf-file):

• page 29 steps 19,20:  why is the axle in an angle?  When you build it, it is straight.  Only if you press the springs the axle turns.
  • page 35, callout step 2:  I think there's a (3L?) pin missing here,  the (o+) connector is floating.
  • page 40, step 7: callouts are switched 
  • page 59 step 57:  took me a while to find the part, an arrow would have been nice :grin:
  • page 60 step 58: the 3L pin overlaps with another pin, so it can't be placed there
  • page 99 step 4: the black pin is out of position, I think it can be left out completely

Most of the hoses are a bit long, but I have no real problems tucking them away so far :wink:

Currently I'm at page 109.  I took some photo's while building, but they are still on my camera...  I'll post some later :thumbup:

Actually, it's great fun playing with the controls while it's on it's jacks :laugh:

The gearbox works great, even while 'driving'.  On the other hand, who needs a gearbox when you have a BuWizz with speed control :grin:

img_1438.jpg

More pics here (when public)

Edited by Therion

1 hour ago, Therion said:

Actually, it's great fun playing with the controls while it's on it's jacks :laugh:

The gearbox works great, even while 'driving'.  On the other hand, who needs a gearbox when you have a BuWizz with speed control :grin:

Thanks for sharing, I'm glad you're  enjoying. Sorry for the few odd bits in the instructions but they're  never going to be perfect, @Thorsten50 has done an amazing job on them but he might be interested in the feedback. 

8 hours ago, Therion said:
  • page 29 steps 19,20:  why is the axle in an angle?  When you build it, it is straight.  Only if you press the springs the axle turns.
  • page 35, callout step 2:  I think there's a (3L?) pin missing here,  the (o+) connector is floating.
  • page 40, step 7: callouts are switched 
  • page 59 step 57:  took me a while to find the part, an arrow would have been nice :grin:
  • page 60 step 58: the 3L pin overlaps with another pin, so it can't be placed there
  • page 99 step 4: the black pin is out of position, I think it can be left out completely

Edited by DugaldIC

@Therion page 29 steps 19-20 In reality, all the parts unfortunately do not have a little tolerance in the CAD.  Unlike the a part with the other overlap was.

I change the other weekend

Edited by Thorsten50

Great work, thanks Thorsten!  

I see you also added the LA's and the mini-LA to the partslist,  they were missing (also at rebrickable). 

• page 102 step 89:  don't place the long pin with stopbush, there's a 7L axle supposed to go through there in step 95 (page 110)
  • page 174: callouts are swapped
  • page 186: I guessed the 2 pins go beneath the orange panels, but it's not visible from this angle
  • page 187 step 152: assembly is floating, I would move this step after step 154 at page 190
  • page 207 step 167: partslist says 1x 12L flex-axle, but it should be 2x.  I think the total inventory is 1 short too, because of this.  Should be total of 8, and not 7.

This is how far I got last weekend (page 213):

img_1446.jpg

I did a testdrive with the wheels on, and I found that in highest gear some gears were skipping, the other gears are working fine.

Standing on the jacks, all gears work fine, so I guess the weight is a bit too much for the highest gear to get it going.