MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

12 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

I agree. Sadly, I didn't really enjoy any one of the new movies, and the ok one would be TLJ

I'm sorry, but TLJ is a pile of shit. That movie is a complete failure in all acpects of cinema, except for a graphical

***Didn't realize this was posted in it's own thread***

LEGO released a statement on Master Builder Series:

'The Master Builder Series models are large playsets and beside being complex builds they are characterised by having many play features and functions, interior details as well as a range of minifigures. Ultimate Collectors series [sic] will remain highly detailed display models providing complex builds with a focus on authenticity and both Ultimate Collectors Series and Master Builder Series will continue as a way to highlight the unique characteristic of each style of model.'

Most of us felt this way when Cloud City was released. I like the change. I wonder if they will do 1 of each per year or if it will be random like the last few years.

Edited by Eaglefan344

40 minutes ago, AndrewShun said:

I'm sorry, but TLJ is a pile of ***. That movie is a complete failure in all acpects of cinema, except for a graphical

This is not the place for personal opinions about the movies. Please stay on topic in talking about the Lego sets.

53 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

This is not the place for personal opinions about the movies. Please stay on topic in talking about the Lego sets.

Thanks for saying that, I hope people don't say anything else as I'm sick of all this negativity and was seriously considering leaving the thread :classic:

Since there aren’t anymore SW movies coming out until December 2019, I’m really hoping lego takes the time to catch up on some much needed missing sets from all the movies

Where is the negativity in calling things by their names? To be realistic, yes, TLJ is awfully bad. It might be negative, but it's the fact and the estimate this movie deserves.

23 minutes ago, AndrewShun said:

Where is the negativity in calling things by their names? To be realistic, yes, TLJ is awfully bad. It might be negative, but it's the fact and the estimate this movie deserves.

Respectfully though nothing you wrote has anything at all to do with the topic. 

Actually I am glad they are starting with the Master Builder's line, it keeps people from saying it's not a worthy UCS set also they can have more of these bigger playsets without burning up UCS slots. Really looking forward to the next one. 

4 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Actually I am glad they are starting with the Master Builder's line, it keeps people from saying it's not a worthy UCS set also they can have more of these bigger playsets without burning up UCS slots. Really looking forward to the next one. 

I agree, it finally gets rid of the confusion surrounding it. So I’ll consider CC, Ewok Village, and Assault On Hoth part of the Master Builder Series, even though AOH is labeled UCS and EV has no official label at all. In my mind, just to keep things consistent, I’ll throw those into the new category

4 hours ago, AndrewShun said:

Your pov. Does not make it a universal truth.

As for MB vs UCS, honestly, who cares? If a set is good in my opinion, I buy it. If it is not, then I pass. Regardless of its UCS or MB status.

7 hours ago, AndrewShun said:

It's not a fact, it's your opinion. And this is not the place to discuss about movies.

And yes, you can consider this as a gentle encouragement from a mod to change your tone a bit.

Now back on topic gentlemens... Stay on target!

Has anyone heard anything about when Minifigure polybags will be accesdible? Havent seen anyone around here (sweden) yet, not even DJ

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So I’ll consider CC, Ewok Village, and Assault On Hoth part of the Master Builder Series

I'd probably say that the Death Star is also an MBS set, although it's labelled UCS like Assault on Hoth, as it's not much of a display piece; unlike Death Star 2, which fits more into the UCS standards

Edited by RealGeronimo11

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Has anyone heard anything about when Minifigure polybags will be accesdible? Havent seen anyone around here (sweden) yet, not even DJ

I dunno, maybe they're only available from shop.lego.com on special dates?

52 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I'd probably say that the Death Star is also an MBS set, although it's labelled UCS like Assault on Hoth, as it's not much of a display piece; unlike Death Star 2, which fits more into the UCS standards

Agreed, but what about the sandcrawler? I feel like its somewhere inbetween.

24 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

Agreed, but what about the sandcrawler? I feel like its somewhere inbetween.

Oooo, that's a good point. I'd say that it's leaning more towards UCS but has some MBS elements, kinda like how the Millennium Falcon and Slave 1 have interior elements

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Oooo, that's a good point. I'd say that it's leaning more towards UCS but has some MBS elements, kinda like how the Millennium Falcon and Slave 1 have interior elements

It doesnt have the display plaque so I would consider it mbs. 

6 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

It's not a fact, it's your opinion. And this is not the place to discuss about movies

I could make it clear for you, but since we're no longer discussing it and  you want me to be unreasonable, so be it.

4 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Yes I agree, I actually meant to mention it but forgot. I’d say that definitely falls in the playset category although it is a nice display piece as well but really only looks good with the minifigures on it. I would definitely consider the Sandcrawler UCS though. It’s a detailed display set. It’s frustrating that it didn’t come with the plaque but it’s a detailed vehicle, not an open style, location-based playset

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, AndrewShun said:

I could make it clear for you, but since we're no longer discussing it and  you want me to be unreasonable, so be it.

Dude drop it.

It's subjective.

Whereas this thread is objectively only about upcoming sets.

Go to the Star Wars thread in the culture forum if you must moan about a year old movie.

~

The advent calender is underwhelming as always.

Not trying to be negative I've just never found the appeal for the price since I found Bricklink.

Does anyone know why Merrick uses the old pilot helmet and not the new one?

A missed opportunity to give people who own the red squadron X-Wing a chance to convert it to blue squadron with new style pilot.

Edited by Forresto

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

Dude drop it.

It's subjective.

Go to the Star Wars thread in the culture forum if you must moan about a year old movie.

~

Not trying to be negative I've just never found the appeal for the price since I found Bricklink.

A missed opportunity to give people who own the red squadron X-Wing a chance to convert it to blue squadron with new style pilot.

They are always using elements they have a ton of in the advent calendar. That’s why he uses the old helmet

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

Dude drop it.

It's subjective.

~

They have to use up old parts and it gives them an opportunity to make more money in the future when they update the model. :hmpf_bad:

1 hour ago, Cyberfounder said:

They have to use up old parts and it gives them an opportunity to make more money in the future when they update the model. :hmpf_bad:

Or its good in a way that you get a more reasonable possibility not to collect the new type of helmet as long as there is an old version of it

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

How much is the Porg supposed to cost? In US dollars? I can’t remember and Brickset doesn’t have the price listed yet

I'd say its around the same price as the BB8 

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

How much is the Porg supposed to cost? In US dollars? I can’t remember and Brickset doesn’t have the price listed yet

It is $69.99 US, $89.99 CA, and 69.99 EUR.

3 hours ago, Azani said:

It is $69.99 US, $89.99 CA, and 69.99 EUR.

Really 70 bucks? I might buy that then. 

Considering the hundred dollar plus sets this year, the Porg is a steal, warts and all.