MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

If the "leaked" set list is true, do you think we could see an updated Vader's TIE Fighter next year? There was one released way back in 2009 for the 10th Anniversary, so maybe we could see another for the 20th. Also, according to the set list, we're getting a Vader's TIE Fighter Microfighter in a duel pack with Luke's X-Wing in January.

I know that we've already gotten an updated version in 2016 with 75150 Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter, but if your like me and you don't want to pay $80 for a Rebels set that doesn't even have the right Vader minifig, then this isn't a solution.

Plus, literally a year later Lego released 75175 A-Wing Starfighter, so really there is no reason they could give us a regular TIE Advanced for $30-$40.

33 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

If the "leaked" set list is true, do you think we could see an updated Vader's TIE Fighter next year? There was one released way back in 2009 for the 10th Anniversary, so maybe we could see another for the 20th. Also, according to the set list, we're getting a Vader's TIE Fighter Microfighter in a duel pack with Luke's X-Wing in January.

I know that we've already gotten an updated version in 2016 with 75150 Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter, but if your like me and you don't want to pay $80 for a Rebels set that doesn't even have the right Vader minifig, then this isn't a solution.

Plus, literally a year later Lego released 75175 A-Wing Starfighter, so really there is no reason they could give us a regular TIE Advanced for $30-$40.

That certainly would be nice. I’m trying to collect all the TIE’s to display together. I have the Striker, Fighter, FO Fighter, Advanced prototype, and FO Silencer. I would love an Advaned, Interceptor, Defender, and Bomber. Sorry for the wishlisty post, it just fit in response to this post

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

45 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

I hope not, the last TIE advanced was very recent and a great build, I’d rather we get an Interceptor or bomber

You know what they could do is a remake of the 10131 TIE Fighter Collection set from 2004. It could include a Vader's TIE Advanced, a TIE Bomber, a TIE Interceptor, and maybe a Droid TIE.

Oh well, a fella can dream.

Edited by Mountain Drew

34 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

You know what they could do is a remake of the 10131 TIE Fighter Collection set from 2004. It could include a Vader's TIE Advanced, a TIE Bomber, a TIE Interceptor, and maybe a Droid TIE.

Oh well, a fella can dream.

Not here you can't. This is not the place for wish lists.

Interesting that the list suggests Porkins will feature in an X-Wing microfighter in the next wave. Hopefully this marks the start of releasing new rebel pilot helmets on the new mould. Suppose Porkins isn't too bad a place to start given his, erm, 'cultural significance' and the fact that his helmet design was worn by at least one other pilot in Rogue One, Vangos Grek, and I'm fairly certain it can be seen at Hoth as well. 

With the unveiling of Cloud City yesterday, I'd think that it's pretty safe to assume that the Boba Fett w/ the dual-molded arms is going to be included in the Juniors Slave I.

14 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

With the unveiling of Cloud City yesterday, I'd think that it's pretty safe to assume that the Boba Fett w/ the dual-molded arms is going to be included in the Juniors Slave I.

Yup! I was thinking exactly the same thing

Wait so how many Slave 1’s are we getting?  We have the one in the Cloud City set and then one more? 

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

Wait so how many Slave 1’s are we getting?  We have the one in the Cloud City set and then one more? 

There will be a Juniors scale Slave I in the winter wave along with Cloud City :wink:

1 minute ago, avengers777 said:

There will be a Juniors scale Slave I in the winter wave along with Cloud City :wink:

Okay thanks!  Is it Jango’s then or Boba’s? 

I'm excited to see these new Juniors sets; the idea of inexpensive ways to get popular figures as well as providing small and inexpensive ships with printed parts seems worth the purchase. If these juniors sets are based on the Original Trilogy I might pick up a few duplicates and build a chibi army. Trying to decide whether to go Empire or Rebel Alliance.

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Rumor is it’s Boba’s

Who told you that? I'm the source of the bit about a Juniors Slave I, and I haven't heard anything about the era, whether PT or OT. I would assume that it's an OT-era kit, but that's just a guess.

75236 Slave I is 191 pieces and $19.99 US.

48 minutes ago, Azani said:

Who told you that? I'm the source of the bit about a Juniors Slave I, and I haven't heard anything about the era, whether PT or OT. I would assume that it's an OT-era kit, but that's just a guess.

I don’t remember. There was a description leak a little while ago, not sure if it was real or not. The one that mentioned Zuckuss. Probably bogus but most likely based on something real. Also, the leaked picture of the Boba minifig with the dual molded arms didn’t end up in CC so my assumption is it’s from that. I suppose I should say “speculation and logic say it’s Boba’s”.

Do you have piece counts for the other Juniors kits?

1 hour ago, Azani said:

Strange that they would release this close to the same time as the CC one. I know they are different price points, but you’d think they’d try to stagger similar scales of a ship more than a few months apart. Any idea why they are taking this approach?

1 hour ago, thorin said:

Strange that they would release this close to the same time as the CC one. I know they are different price points, but you’d think they’d try to stagger similar scales of a ship more than a few months apart. Any idea why they are taking this approach?

I wonder if it's because they consider the Junior's sets a different market, so they aren't competing sets. 

16 hours ago, Renown said:

Interesting that the list suggests Porkins will feature in an X-Wing microfighter in the next wave. Hopefully this marks the start of releasing new rebel pilot helmets on the new mould. Suppose Porkins isn't too bad a place to start given his, erm, 'cultural significance' and the fact that his helmet design was worn by at least one other pilot in Rogue One, Vangos Grek, and I'm fairly certain it can be seen at Hoth as well. 

The more pilots they can push out the better. That's one of the benefits of having both the Microfighters and the Juniors line. We don't have to wait for the next system scale update of Rebel ships to get certain characters.

21 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

excuse me , but any hint where I can found that so called list?

Cloud City should be discounted for black card holders as penance for not giving us any perks at all for that like they said they would. I would be all over that

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

The Black VIP card has been such a joke, and not even a funny one at that...

Oh well, at least I got an actual physical VIP card out of it.

On 8/22/2018 at 10:28 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Rumor is it’s Boba’s

I really don’t understand why lego are so reluctant to make Jango’s Slave 1 again, the last time we got that set was 2002.  I mean they’ve done Obi Wan’s AOTC Starfighter not so long back so it’d make sense to see this to be redone. 

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I really don’t understand why lego are so reluctant to make Jango’s Slave 1 again, the last time we got that set was 2002.  I mean they’ve done Obi Wan’s AOTC Starfighter not so long back so it’d make sense to see this to be redone. 

I thought the return of Obi’s Jedi starfighter was a sure sign that we would soon get Jango’s Slave I but that hasn’t happened yet. I really want it to though, it’s very underrepresented in Lego