Hinckley

New contests

it can be dwarver's, crownie's, orc's or skeleton's.

What about Classic factions? Perhaps a little more guidance would be helpful, such as looks/functionality/most historically accurate/scale/most TLC... ;-)

I can't believe no-one has mentioned a HOBBY TRAIN CONTEST!!!!!

Easily accesible parts set that most members probably already own. Would provide a nice level playing ground where the winners don't need to be the ones with the biggest Bricklink feedback score.

One simple rule.

Build a train using only parts from the set.

Hi!

One simple rule.

Build a train using only parts from the set.

Now, that's a good idea (I should get that set now ;-) ).

Inspired by Exobuilder's supersized Exo Force Vig, here is another great idea:

Exo Force: Final Battle Contest

TLC will discontinue the Exo Force line, but the end of the story hasn't been told yet! How does the epic war, humans vs. machines, turn out? What will the big final battle be like? To answer this question, and to give EXO FORCE a worthy goodbye, we shall have this contest!

Option 1:

Build a scene or diarama that shows this last epic battle using minifigures from the line! The last thing we heard of Exo Force is that they went into the Jungle to rescue Sensei Keiken who is being held prisoner there by the Robots. If you think the last fight will be held here, you would need to use battle machines from this wave or make new ones that are similar in style/design. If you think the battle will be held later at a different place/setting with possibly all new battle machines, you can choose the setting and create new mechs (as long as they fit the theme), and/or put together a best-of of all the officially released ones. Make it a really cool battle scene, and don't forget to include the defeat of Mecha One!

Option 2:

Imagine TLC would have released one more wave of Exo Force sets to conclude the story... What would these sets have looked like? You can make one or more good and/or evil battle machine(s) of various sizes/price range or a playset. Again, be creative, but make it fit into the theme, and make it sonething to give an honnorable end to a great line! And if we get some really good entries (which I'm sure we would ;-) ) we could show'em to TLC and maybe pursue then to continue the line! *sweet*

I'm all for the Hobby train contest, but are digital entries allowed? I don't want to buy a fourth hobby train. |-/

I'm also putting forward my idea for a sigfig train car contest. 6-8 wide allowed, must describe your fig's style of life(I.E. Hinckley would use fabuland and stuff from his series of comics) can be any size train car, freight of passenger. possible time length: 2 months.

Edited by AgentRick57

If we have a train contest, I wouldn't want to limit the pieces to the Factory set. But I like the idea of a train contest, yes.

A train contest is alright, but I only have the holiday train. I think that we need a castle contest. Build the orc castle or something.

I think that we need a castle contest. Build the orc castle or something.

I like the sound of that! *y*

I don't like the train idea, though; I only have some pretty old ones and am not a big fan of them. Sorry. But if you train-nuts want a contest like that, go ahead, but count me out. *sad*

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

How about a Metal Slug contest? You know the videogames.

Build scenes, vehicles, characters from the games or your own ideas.

No size limit.

No piece limit.

No clone brand parts allowed.

Custom pieces are allowed.

I think a video game contest would be awesome. I think it should be any and all video games though. From old-school stuff like Pac-Man and Mario to Halo and Gears of War. *y*

Following on from my post of the Indian Jones posters made in LEGO, how about a comp, to get the best actual film poster made (past/present or coming soon) out of LEGO? :-| Maybe??

Perhaps a followup to my previous module concept contest? I would love that. *wub*

If we have a train contest, I wouldn't want to limit the pieces to the Factory set.

Why not? Isn't that the entire point of the Hobby train set? They haven't given us a set of a specific model with alternative models. They've given us a range of parts suitable for train engines and carriages.

Why not? Isn't that the entire point of the Hobby train set? They haven't given us a set of a specific model with alternative models. They've given us a range of parts suitable for train engines and carriages.

because I want people who don't have the set to be able to participate...

Pardon me, if this post or contest had been posted before. 8-|

I will like to suggest a mini-fig contest, using stricly LEGO parts to modify a custom mini-fig.

We can use different themes such as Castle, Star Wars, Pirates, City and etc.

For example, Castle theme.

Every mini-fig will need to have a background story of where this character is from.

Explain the nature of it's weapon, horse, design and etc.

I believed this contest is held before in EB, but i hope there will be such contest in the future.

Just my 5 cents worth of comments :-)

because I want people who don't have the set to be able to participate...

Exactly! So for a train contest, I'd like to see "build a train in your favourite theme, even if it isn't appropriate."

That would produce some interesting results and include everyone, since even the term 'train' is loosely defined and could be anything from a minecar to a hovertrain, with all the basic steam, coal and electric stops along the way.

Exactly! So for a train contest, I'd like to see "build a train in your favourite theme, even if it isn't appropriate."

That would produce some interesting results and include everyone, since even the term 'train' is loosely defined and could be anything from a minecar to a hovertrain, with all the basic steam, coal and electric stops along the way.

I'd really like that as I don't have proper train tracks or wheels. So I'd love to build a hover train or something!

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

If LordT and I ever get around to it, there might be a contest from us in form of Create A Villain. I'm not sure if anyone even remembers Create A Hero, it was so damn long ago...

An EF contest where you need to combline robot and human technology to create a new battle machine!

8-

I will like to suggest a mini-fig contest, using stricly LEGO parts to modify a custom mini-fig.

We can use different themes such as Castle, Star Wars, Pirates, City and etc.

For example, Castle theme.

Every mini-fig will need to have a background story of where this character is from.

Explain the nature of it's weapon, horse, design and etc.

8-

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

The hobby train contest would be great IMO!

Agreed! I also have the hobby train set and I think it would be an interesting contest to showcase people's talents using a limited set of parts. The hobby train set is the perfect set for this. It's not too expensive (I paid AUD$75 for mine) and it's intended for developing your own creations with.

If all contestants use the same set then it removes the advantage some people have with access to expensive or rare parts that could skew the assessment of creative talent.

Maybe there needs to be a hobby train contest and then a separate train contest for those who want no limitation on parts they can use.

Agreed! I also have the hobby train set and I think it would be an interesting contest to showcase people's talents using a limited set of parts. The hobby train set is the perfect set for this. It's not too expensive (I paid AUD$75 for mine) and it's intended for developing your own creations with.

If all contestants use the same set then it removes the advantage some people have with access to expensive or rare parts that could skew the assessment of creative talent.

Maybe there needs to be a hobby train contest and then a separate train contest for those who want no limitation on parts they can use.

i believe Hinckley said this before, and i agree, but some people (like me) dont have the hobby train set and can't participate. im not trying to be mean in any way, and im sorry if it comes across that way, but im just trying to clarify something *sweet*