The lego fan

Ideas for new Lego themes! (Non-licensed)

New theme idea: City 13+

This version of Lego City would target older audiences who want easy, but detailed buildings and would be put in between City and Creator Expert. The infrastructure from Creator 3in1 would be relocated to this theme as the theme would primarily focus on infrastructure and with more realistic looking vehicles on the side that would resemble vehicles from the 2010s. Also, little side note. The sets in this version of Lego City are not canon to the Lego City made for ages 5-12. So no named characters from City Adventures will be included. All the characters are unnamed. I know it won't happen. But we can dream! 

Edited by Poodabricks

32 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

This version of Lego City would target older audiences who want easy, but detailed buildings and would be put in between City and Creator Expert. The infrastructure from Creator 3in1 would be relocated to this theme as the theme would primarily focus on infrastructure and with more realistic looking vehicles on the side that would resemble vehicles from the 2010s. Also, little side note. The sets in this version of Lego City are not canon to the Lego City made for ages 5-12. So no named characters from City Adventures will be included. All the characters are unnamed. I know it won't happen. But we can dream! 

I’m still dreaming #JusticeforRealmRunners

A bit of a City crossover, but Lego River.

Everything happens on rivers. Boats, barges/canals/locks, fishing, camp grounds, bridges, plant & animal life, ecology/clean-ups, rescues, water sport activities, cycle paths, and a good old fashioned marina.

Rocky River Retreat 6552 is what I'm aiming at.

2 hours ago, Bricky Steamboat said:

Everything happens on rivers. Boats, barges/canals/locks, fishing, camp grounds, bridges, plant & animal life, ecology/clean-ups, rescues, water sport activities, cycle paths, and a good old fashioned marina.

Knowing Lego, they may actually put that under City as the River subtheme! That would actually be interesting as the out of the city subtheme for 2023. Farm is the "out of the city" subtheme for this year so it's kind of late in the game to recommend that for this year. 

Edited by Poodabricks

5 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I like this. It could be a way for people who want to expand their Lego cities beyond more than multiple hospitals and police and fire stations, but don't have the budget for modulars or their own detailed mocs. I know there was a school released recently, but this could have a market or other shops, plus some houses and other things that don't often feature in the regular City theme.

23 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

I like this. It could be a way for people who want to expand their Lego cities beyond more than multiple hospitals and police and fire stations, but don't have the budget for modulars or their own detailed mocs. I know there was a school released recently, but this could have a market or other shops, plus some houses and other things that don't often feature in the regular City theme.

Oh you really think so? I guess I wouldn't put it past Lego to do it or at least make attempts to start a project like that. 

On 3/5/2022 at 5:20 PM, Bricky Steamboat said:

I'd LOVE to see a modern set along the lines of Rocky River Retreat — especially since I feel like LEGO could make the build a lot more impressive these days! For instance, it could have a custom plate-based foundation with brick-built rapids instead of a specialized printed baseplate, and brick-built conifer trees instead of just molded trees on top of a stack of brown bricks.

That said, I'm not sure if river-related sets would really better off as their own subtheme/category, or if it'd be more effective to spread rivers out across several different subthemes, like how current sets feature roads across several different subthemes.

I’d love to see a hydroelectric dam in that theme. 

On 3/5/2022 at 4:14 PM, Wolfpackfan99 said:

I’m still dreaming #JusticeforRealmRunners

I’m still dreaming for #JusticeforTimequake but honestly, I love your idea tho. I will support your idea!

On 3/5/2022 at 3:40 PM, Poodabricks said:

Come to think, I think that’s a great idea!!

Mmmmm. Not bad! I like your idea!

I agree with you - we need some river activities such as fishing, rafting, camping around this river. 

Speaking of wildlife…we will need beavers, ducks, new fish, new frog, deer, fox, moose and more animal molds for your idea!

On 2/16/2022 at 12:28 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I have been thinking about submitting my idea to LEGO via World Builder but I don’t have any model (due to my low vision so it’s difficult for see what I bild). I mean Timequake theme sounds really cool and wicked. It could have everything kids and adults would love. I mean, I put some in-house themes into one theme.

The follwoing in-house theme I put together into one theme since they represent time period:

Time Cruiser / City - Present Day

Dino - Mesozoic Period 

Western (theme) - Wild West 

Castle - Middle Age

Pirates - 16th/17th Centuries (known as Godlen Age of Pirates)

Adventurers - 1920s, 1930s or 1940s

Ninja (theme) - 1185 - 1603 CE

Atlantis - Golden Age of Philosphy (around 600 BCE)

Vikings (theme) - Viking Age

Rock Raider / Classic Space / Blckthron - Distant Future 

It would a great idea but a written description would be accepted if I don’t do a model? 

Any thoughts? :) 

On 3/8/2022 at 7:57 PM, Aanchir said:

I'd LOVE to see a modern set along the lines of Rocky River Retreat — especially since I feel like LEGO could make the build a lot more impressive these days! For instance, it could have a custom plate-based foundation with brick-built rapids instead of a specialized printed baseplate, and brick-built conifer trees instead of just molded trees on top of a stack of brown bricks.

That said, I'm not sure if river-related sets would really better off as their own subtheme/category, or if it'd be more effective to spread rivers out across several different subthemes, like how current sets feature roads across several different subthemes.

Oh my. Yes. Possibly my favourite all time set, but would love to see this sort of set / theme revisited with the parts we have now. 

I'm surprised LEGO hasn't made/released some new Fantasy focused LEGO Castle sets in years, it is definitely an idea (albeit not new) that they can easily expand upon and turn into its own thing. Outside of Harry Potter we don't have that many fantasy themes right now, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit have been discontinued and Nexo Knights didn't fill in the niche as it was half-fantasy/half sci-fi so there really needs to be a LEGO Fantasy theme inspired by those late 2000s. Castle sets. I believe there would be an audience for this particular theme idea that shockingly hasn't been realized in recent years. To be fair I wasn't really following LEGO Themes that much in recent memory so if I am wrong and there was something similar, do let me know. Woud love checking some out (if they are interesting that is). Just in general Fantasy is a non-licensed LEGO Theme genre that can be expanded upon and do really unique/cool builds/minifigures with. I believe a lot of fantasy fans would agree and get behind this.

Edited by Mister_Loki

Well there is the upcoming Avatar theme, so that should be good for a start, although certainly not an in-house theme.

Friends, but with standard minifigs and animals.

Or Friends with standard minifigs with animal heads (Fabuland 2/Animal Crossing).

On 6/10/2022 at 12:38 PM, Mister_Loki said:

I'm surprised LEGO hasn't made/released some new Fantasy focused LEGO Castle sets in years, it is definitely an idea (albeit not new) that they can easily expand upon and turn into its own thing. Outside of Harry Potter we don't have that many fantasy themes right now, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit have been discontinued and Nexo Knights didn't fill in the niche as it was half-fantasy/half sci-fi so there really needs to be a LEGO Fantasy theme inspired by those late 2000s. Castle sets. I believe there would be an audience for this particular theme idea that shockingly hasn't been realized in recent years. To be fair I wasn't really following LEGO Themes that much in recent memory so if I am wrong and there was something similar, do let me know. Woud love checking some out (if they are interesting that is). Just in general Fantasy is a non-licensed LEGO Theme genre that can be expanded upon and do really unique/cool builds/minifigures with. I believe a lot of fantasy fans would agree and get behind this.

I'm guessing by fantasy you mean medieval fantasy. Nexo Knights was a bit of a crossover with sci-fi but Elves was very much more traditional woodland type fantasy.

My dream theme would be colonial America with a super natural twist and backwoods/fur trade focus. The countryside is populated by fur traders, Native Americans, red coats, blue coats and the occasional settler. The sets would be terrain and brick built monster based, with examples of the monsters being Loup Garous, Weindigos, Thunderbirds, Bigfoot and other monsters from Fur Trader and Native lore. The finale big bad is an army of undead norse draugr.

My dream theme would be colonial America with a super natural twist and backwoods/fur trade focus. The countryside is populated by fur traders, Native Americans, red coats, blue coats and the occasional settler. The sets would be terrain and brick built monster based, with examples of the monsters being Loup Garous, Weindigos, Thunderbirds, Bigfoot and other monsters from Fur Trader and Native lore. The finale big bad is an army of undead norse draugr.

My dream theme would be "Outback Explorers" set in the Australian bush.

Vehicles would include a Ute (which is what us Aussies call a Pickup Truck) and a 4x4 (Land Cruiser type vehicle). Maybe also a helicopter or light plane.

Buildings/scenery could include the entrance to an outback mine (maybe an Opal mine or something) and a typical water pump style windmill (as seen on  sheep and cattle stations across Australia). Also some brick-built gum trees and other bush plants.

Minifigs could be wearing dark tan (i.e. Khaki) polo shirts and pants and fedora hats (to represent the classic Aussie bushman hat). Also lets find a way to put a reddish brown boomerang in there somewhere (after all, the Aborigines did supposedly invent the thing).

My top wishes for new animals would be Kangaroos, Koalas, Emus, Platypus and Lizards. Recolored/reused animals could be Crocodiles, Snakes, Spiders and Frogs and maybe some of the bird molds they have could work for things like Cockatoos or Kookaburras.

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

Vehicles would include a Ute (which is what us Aussies call a Pickup Truck) 

BRO!!!!! It's always been my dream for City to do a Ute. I hope they can make it four stud wide. 

Since its so hard to get a full theme, how about just a Nostalgia line where every year they release a couple throwback sets at varying price points...castle, space, pirate, wild west etc. Forest Hideout GWP would be a perfect example of what they could offer.

1 hour ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

TLG needs to break all existing contracts with Blizzard and form a relationship with Riot. I would love to have sets based on Arcane.

This is a licensed suggestion (and therefore outside the scope of this topic). And to be honest while I would like Lego to break their contracts with Blizzard given the toxic corporate culture there, Riot is guilty of many of the same exact issues.

I suspect if you looked hard enough you could find some kind of argument as to why LEGO should stop working with just about any IP owner they are currently working with including Disney.