dmarkng

[MOC] HammerHead Corvette

HammerHead Corvette

I caught Rogue One and had the intention of trying to find something interesting there to build.

Found it really funny that this ship managed to take out 2 Star Destroyers =s, then again it only took 1 hit to destroy the Death Star.

As I couldn't find many clear pictures, I used the Rebels version as the basis of the build.

Front/Side View

HammerHead Corvette

Underside

HammerHead Corvette

Rear View

HammerHead Corvette

Side View

HammerHead Corvette

Front View

HammerHead Corvette

Edited by dmarkng

Haha, I agree that the action of this ship against the destroyer was one of those few 'oh, really...?' moments in Rouge One for me :) But nothing I couldn't stomach to be honest.

It loooks very nice, perhaps even to nice to me. All these shiny round panels etc - I'd prefer more of the diverse and angular look providing some depth to the texture :) But all in all, very nice!

27 minutes ago, krisandkris12 said:

Haha, I agree that the action of this ship against the destroyer was one of those few 'oh, really...?' moments in Rouge One for me :) But nothing I couldn't stomach to be honest.

It loooks very nice, perhaps even to nice to me. All these shiny round panels etc - I'd prefer more of the diverse and angular look providing some depth to the texture :) But all in all, very nice!

Thanks =)

I get what you mean.

I used these pics for reference and then just modded the sides a bit so it wouldnt look so 'neat'.

Gonna build this after  I'm done with my Tie Defender 

Hammerhead_corvetteHammerHead Corvette

Yep, you got very accurate to these pics. Though this is this anomated style. In Rouge One it was more reminiscent of other rebel ships and much less sleak. Still, excellent model. If you built it IRL, i believe it will look even better.

Looks really nice.  I'd probably try to build it from a LDD file, though I always fear the digital glue that seems to hold many of these models together.

Very nice! Has anybody found any statistics (Length) on this ship? I'm wondering if the scale is close to Mortesv's Nebulon-B as it would be a great addition to his 1/250 scale fleet.

Very nice MOC, smooth with details

It's around 315 meters length according to Wookiepedia and Nebulon-B is 300m length

3 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

Yep, you got very accurate to these pics. Though this is this anomated style. In Rouge One it was more reminiscent of other rebel ships and much less sleak. Still, excellent model. If you built it IRL, i believe it will look even better.

Yeap the rogue one version seems to be upgraded. It has an extra engine, tantive iv style escape pods and some pods stuck to the ends of the (what I'm assuming are) airlocks. The fins between the hull and the engines are also quite a bit longer and there's a new one between the lower engine and lower hull.

I think you have a nice starting point. Although I don't really like the texture, but that's not something unique to this MOC. It looks a bit too smooth, which is very true to the rebels show but sort of boring I think. Anywho looking forward to the further progress.

Edited by khatmorg

5 hours ago, legoSWfan said:

Very nice MOC, smooth with details

It's around 315 meters length according to Wookiepedia and Nebulon-B is 300m length

Not sure that is correct. According to Wookiepedia, the Hammerhead CRUISER is 315 feet long with a crew of 300. The Hammerhead CORVETTE only has a crew of 2 so would assume that it is much smaller. Wookie does not list a length for the corvette but it does ID the ship in the Scarif battle as a corvette rather then the larger (presumably) Cruiser.

The only size comparison I remember from the movie is that  it is about as big as the "cutout" section of a Star Destroyer which is about 1600m in length (or 5 times larger then the Neb-B). Eyeballing a picture of the SD, the cutout is roughly 1/5 the length so perhaps 315 meters is a closer to the actually length.  

Yea you are correct, this is the Corvette.

I couldn't find very many details in terms of the schematics and actual size.

Does any one have screengrabs of any sort from Rogue One?

I still can't find any decent ones and the movie has been out for 1-2weeks now.

8pfc1xu459rx.png

2 hours ago, atlas said:

Here you go, not great quality but it's as good as I could get. These are screenshots of paused video so not as good as the individual frames but it should do 

http://m.imgur.com/OS1Oc8k,s3y1ayl,hVnZqpR,vEwly33,74IDqSj,0YHPKiG

Thanks!

The picture is better than what I've managed to find.

Looks like an additional engine on top. And the sides are somewhat reversed.

I have about 60% of the bricks so I've gone ahead ordered the remaining bricks.

Also added some parts for an additional engine and other pieces I think I'll need for mods just in case.

1 hour ago, ChiefPie said:

Very nice!

Thank you!

300 ish meters seems to much. I thought it was smaller. Even from what I remember from Rouge One, it looked really tiny next to the destroyers. Nothing like 1/5 of it's length. I believe this might be tomewhere between Tantive and Nebulon B size by Mortesv, which I think this model fits nicely.

Based on that screen grab, I'd guess also estimate the length to be about 150m or about the same size at the Tantive IV. Do film makers make models anymore or is everything digitally created? There is a DK book out called Star Wars: Rogue: The Ultimate Visual Guide that may have so info in it about the Corvette. I'm going to take a look at it next time I'm near a book store.

https://www.dk.com/us/9781465452634-star-wars-rogue-one-the-ultimate-visual-guide/

Okay, just testing out to see how easy/difficult it would be for me to add some mods. I dont see an issue with adding another engine on top.

The sides I added the pods or exhausts or whatever it is, I can lengthen it without any stability issues.

HammerHead Corvette Mod 1

I really only saw it in the movie but I guess about 200m :D I hope that someone can find some more substantial info.

1 minute ago, Gouniaf said:

I'm very excited to see it built, whever you choose to do the Rebels or the Rogue One version.

Yep! Same here