Hinckley

Pics of the Agents Line

I know these are preliminary, but...I don't particularly care for the overall look. The oversized wheels on vehicles make these sets look pretty cheesy, almost like something I'd expect from a clone brand. However, the new parts, especially minifig ones, make them a little enticing. I'll wait to get them when they're on sale on shop at home. :-)

OK, I thought a long time, if to react or not. First of all I must say, that I am no anti-US fanatic or something like this, I am just resident of small European country, Czech Republic. I respect all other parties, but from my sight of view some new Lego lines are at least very strange.

Mars Mission - IIRC NASA is planning to launch a Mars Mission around 2020, therefore this line? Children playing with those sets now are also citizens voting around 2020, having then influence on US governments decisions?

Agents 2008 - I couldn

Edited by Kanal-K1

I'd be more inclined to believe this if Lego was an American company and if the enemies of the Agents were human-animal hybrids instead of human-robot hybrids. Yes, President Bush has actually mentioned human animal hybrids in his speeches.

I always thought the Agents and Alpha Team forces were more James Bond and less US-centric myself. Heck, we even have a trapjaw enemy. Kind of like Jaws from James Bond. Or, umm, TrapJaw from He-Man.

But, as an American I get my news from within the belly of the beast and those outside my see with clearer eyes.

-Tohst

Well, my first part of whole message, which you quoted, was not written well from me. Of course, that I don

I just was going to ask, if there was a new peice infront of the boats cockpit on the set with the laser sharks?

But then I realized that those are actually the airplane sliding door things! Utterly great use of peices here! 8-

Ok, here is my opinion:

I've been looking at these, and since I like battle themes like Exo-Force and Bionicle, I am pretty sure that I will like this theme for the most part.

Mission 1: I like this truck a lot, a great vehicles for the bad guys. The little storage cart in back is a nice touch. The plane, however, looks kind of stupid and thrown together. I will probably only get this set for the truck.

Mission 2: This set is great too. I like the setting, in the snowy mountains, and the vehicles look fast and lively. The chainsaw guy is cool, I just like stupid things like that. :P

Mission 3: Nice set. I like the water base and the crocadiles, rather interesting feature. The motorbike is really cool, it looks powerfull and fast. Probably my second favorite.

Mission 4: Call me a sucker for missile launching sharks. xD They are the coolest things, I don't know why I like them so much. I like the setting of the mission, and can see great playability for this set.

Mission 5: Really cool, I am loving these cars in this theme. The helicopter is so so, but I love the spider dude, talk about steroids on steroids. :-P

Mission 6: :-X

Overall, I am glad the best sets are cheap, I will probably buy a couple, they look good for playability.

Looks like have alot of new hair pieces, sharks, robot arms, and a frickin laptop! I will buy that set just for the laptop!!!!!!! no kidding. X-D

They'll make this crap...but they won't make WW2 LEGO? *sing*

They'll put sharks with laserguns, agents with Uzis, and dudes operating heavy machine guns but not a Sherman tank?

Other than this stupid line of sets, i'm pleased with their other ideas *sweet* .

Come on LEGO! I know you want to...yes you do...oh come on...yes...there...there we go....very good!

I spy :-D the JSF wing in the black in set 8630, that makes it a must for me!! :-)

This theme is coming along a lot better than I initially thought it would

I just *wub* the robotic animals and evil cyborgs!

General Tarful

It's like you read my mind!

I just noticed something, in the top right corner of each box, there is a pic of what the "Agents" are trying to retreive.

In Mission 1, it appears to be gold. In Mission 2, a diamond. Mission 3, a map. Mission 4, no idea what that is, but the comic shows the villain has a metal jaw, sweet. Mission 5, that cool laptop. and Mission 6, a person.

I'm liking these more now, they have a few stupid things in it, but overall I love the campy atmosphere and over-the-top villains and vehicles. Plus they are great parts packs and include heaps of cool new elements and animals *wub*

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

Mission 4 ~ It appears the villian has kidnapped a female public speaker and she is being held (hanging from a chain on a floating crane rig..) Thus, thw AGENTS are trying to retrieve the hostage/kidnap-ee

I actually look forward to hear lego explain what the hell each agent is trying to accomplish in each set. i will have a good chuckle about this! X-D

In Mission 1, it appears to be gold. In Mission 2, a diamond. Mission 3, a map. Mission 4, no idea what that is, but the comic shows the villain has a metal jaw, sweet. Mission 5, that cool laptop. and Mission 6, a person.

I'm not sure if anyone else has solved this yet, but I think in Mission 4 the objective is to rescue the agent hanging above the water. It was a lil hard to see what that small pic in the upper right was, but it looks like the person who's trapped.

Black Mantax claws, lots of other great looking parts. These sets look pretty darn big too.

I love this theme! *wub* Why? Because it's Alpha Team with guns and various cyborgs as enemies! Cyborgs rule! I was waiting a long time for some official cyborg minifigs to come out, and these are great, especially Chainsaw Guy! I can already imagine some pretty badass mods on him and I'll be getting a couple of that set! Dr. Spiderlegs is alright, and Ironbite is pretty neat (I'm making those names up btw ;-) You like 'em?)! I think he is the leader of the Cyborg Brotherhood of Evil since he appears in multiple sets (and comics). Lol - He reminds me of Baron Werner

Oh how I love the VentureBros aswell, and I immideately thought that too, but I didn't post anything about it :-$

It also remindes me of TrapJaw from He-man, and some Warhammer40k helmets :-$

The Chainsaw dude looks mighty cool, but the rest look like Alpha Team rejects. The new hairpieces are worth picking up on Bricklink. The female one looks like a new ponytail mold with some loose hair on the right side, and a larger braid going across her forehead and hanging off the left side. Bit hard to tell how long it is at the back. The hero agent who's available in most sets looks to have the same black hairpiece as one of the new characters in the Indy 4 sets.

I also wonder how many more people will proclaim "omg new gunz!!1!1" :-$ Just the old one with a technic connector :-|

If you look at my 2-3 posts in this topic i've said that everytime ,It seems PEOPLE DONT READ POSTS!!! :-|

|-/ :-|

I love this theme! *wub* Why? Because it's Alpha Team with guns and various cyborgs as enemies! Cyborgs rule! I was waiting a long time for some official cyborg minifigs to come out, and these are great, especially [...snip]

Didn't you already say that?

~Peace

Edited by iamded

8630- I love the jet,if I switch the wings I get a F-35 which is a great plane. The truck is decent.

8631- It's nice and lol for helipack

8632- Cool

8633- The boat is nice

8634- The heli is nice and that villian is very cool, LEGO LAPTOP!!

8635-The truck is weird , the aircrafts are nice.

I spy :-D the JSF wing in the black in set 8630, that makes it a must for me!! :-)

This theme is coming along a lot better than I initially thought it would

I just *wub* the robotic animals and evil cyborgs!

General Tarful

Hehehe... Black Eta 2... Thank you TLC

My thoughts exactly, except that the insignia is still on the cockpit piece

Didn't you already say that?

~Peace

I just love this theme so! :-D

Also, I was making sure that this post didn't get overlooked. I spend a whole while writing it and was secretly hoping to start a discusion about possible Venture Bros MOCs! *sweet*

But that's off topic anyway, I guess... *sad*

Who flies a black Eta 2?

May I also say how much I like the steampunkish feel the HeliPack in 8631 has?

Btw, I have a question: What kind of weapons are OK for steampunk MOCs? Machine guns? Crossbows? Or just anything from the pirate sets?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

looking again at these pictures, only one line can be said...:

ACTION MAN THE GREATEST HERO OF THEM ALL! X-D

Really, the likeness is funny...

Finally barbed wire for my WWI and WWII MOCs!!! *wub*

TT

Ah, new pictures.

I think the word 'fun' springs to mind. They aren't too bad actually. It's nice to see crocodiles back, and the barbed wire and laptop pieces are very cool indeed, especially the laptop.

The face designs are very nice, and we look to be getting some new hair pieces, as well, along with a few other interesting pieces. The gates in the car set look awfully similar to the gates in the Bat-tank. I do quite like the car, though. And the mobile HQ's not bad either, but that's mostly because it's a mobile HQ.

I'll reserve final judgement regarding buying them until I see more of them, but I do quite like the look of them. It's not a serious look at spys or secret organisations, but for what it is it's very good. It reminds me a bit of Action Man and Max Steel, actually.