Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I don't like the Arkham set, most figures are wearing orange jumpsuits and the building doesn't look very appealing.

So the wall street journal says that we will be getting the sets for November 27th. And that the asylum will be a TRU exclusive. Hmmmm..

Can someone please confirm if the Arkham Asylum set is the largest set of the lego batman movie series?

I am so eager to know that. 

I think these are all solid sets. Really dig the new Batman variants, especially the Boxer Batman! Don't know if I would pay $100 for the Batcave, but it looks aesthetically pleasing, and I think it does a better job of looking like a coherent structure than some previous iterations. The new Akrham facade works really well and is probably my favorite so far. I like that we're getting all of those villains in the prison jump suits, unless we don't get them in their proper outfits elsewhere. I like the new Freeze figure, but I doubt I'll be paying for the whole set. Bring on more pics, Lego! :classic:

35 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

On second contemplation, I'm more surprised with Arkham than anything--especially when compared to its three/four year older brother. This new Arkham has more pieces, four more minifigures and is ten dollars cheaper! Shocker--Lego must be going crazy.  

Plus it continues the trend of only putting Poison Ivy in the most expensive of sets! :laugh: 

Poison Ivy is also in the Scuttler set!

But yeah it's interesting to see Poison Ivy is always chosen for the most expensive sets

Edited by Robert8

33 minutes ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

Was his hook hand in the Arkham games cause I don't remember it?

It was definitely in the comic series.

Mr Freeze set is great for the minifigures, but the build is not that interesting. The Batcave is the best one we have ever gotten in my opinion though. The Arkham set is also fantastic. 

1 hour ago, pittpenguin123 said:

The penguins have red eyes OMG! they still dont look evil

That was a downer :wacko: I was planning on getting a flock of them from bricks and pieces, but crazy red eyes I have no use for at all :sick:

Edit: There are actually a penguin with red eyes (rockhopper), so will have to see a better picture before I pass judgement :tongue:

154104545.wtYI1Ll6.jpg

Edited by Roebuck
rockhopper penguin

I love the sets but there are some small things I dislike. The batcave is great but it's a shame we won't be getting a part of Wayne Manor. It feels like a mix of the 2008 and 2012 versions. It also looks like there will be a bridge/elevator function. I love the figures in this set, I only don't like the duck. Arkham looks amazing,  it feels like an updated version of the very first one, but I'm not a big fan of these jumpsuits, maybe a cost saver. Cash is great but has a strange clothing choice. Not a big fan of Two-face however, it took them 5 years to give us a new version so I expected a lot of him. I do like that it's based on Billy Dee Williams but it's the two-face side I dislike. I also dislike Catwoman. Poison Ivy is oké, but I liked the previous one better.  I do like the melon pieces btw (but they where in other sets too) and is that Killer Moth on the screen next to the Riddler? I'm happy the Mr  Freeze set is cheap, Mr freeze is really the only interesting part in it. They did a really good job on him. I have only one last thing to say: where is the lobster? !

Edited by Huigberts Builds

Mr Freeze is definitely great set for 13$ ! Cool build for mech , plus finally red googles head print! Combining this head with next years Juniors Mr Freeze would make good minifig version of him!

Batcave looks great to me, especially Penguin(new top hat and umbrella molds) , Alfred and Batpack suit! The build is smaller than last non UCS Barcave , but I like it.

Arkham set is mixed bag for me: good build , but dissapointing minifigures. All villains are in orange jumpsuits, so nothing unique about minifigures. I wish they included every villains normal outfits in evidence locker or something like that. So Harley and Barbara are only truly unique minifigures in the set. Plus it's probably 200$ , so not worth a purchase with little amount of unique minifigures.

So overall I like the line overall, hopefully the rest of the sets pictures will be released during NYCC.

You know it is a good wave when even the smallest set has great builds. The Mr. Freeze mech is fun to have, the police chief fig is awesome, gotta love me some Batman with the new belt, and even the scenery with the piping looks so Arkham GCPD inspired. I love it! Not too fond of Freeze having a blue head though. *sigh* :hmpf_bad: Will definitley be picking it up though. 

The Arkham set is great and extremely detailed. Love the side builds especially and the gothic look of the thing with white pieces for snow. 

The Batcave is different but still awesome. Love the boat build and the new umbrella pieces. 

56 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Have to be honest, I find these sets very lackluster. Only set that I really like is the Arkham one, also interesting to see that they added a snow effect to the scene (using some white bricks) don't think that Lego has ever done that before. Freeze is a huge disappointment I mean why is it so hard to print red goggles on a white head?? 

Edit: also noted that Barbara Gordon appears to be a police officer... interesting choice.

They've done white pieces to represent snow many, many times before. An easy example is the two Lake-town sets from the Hobbit theme. 

Do we know the prices for the new sets? Freeze looks like it should be around $20, not $13. Really hope the Arkham isn't too expensive; I didn't get the last one and still really want it but the new one is very cool as well. I can't wait to see the interior! The Batcave is a bit disappointing to me, but I like Alfred, Bruce Wayne, and the Penguin. 

According to the original press release via WSJ (and as noted on the first page): 

Mr. Freeze, $20, out November 27th

Batcave, $100, out November 27th

Arkham, $150, out January 1st, Toys R Us Exclusive

14 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

They've done white pieces to represent snow many, many times before. An easy example is the two Lake-town sets from the Hobbit theme. 

My bad I guess... havent been buying many sets lately :blush:

Just read WSJ report and I'm surprised that Mr Freeze set is 20$! Looked like 13$ set, but it's so good 20$ is nothing for this set! Batcave is 100$ so good deal, and Arkham is 150$(still weird it gets released in January when the rest of the sets are coming out in November). Is it weird that regular TLBM sets are coming in November, or did TLM sets also came out in November 2013?

The sets are pretty cool, but if I were to get both the Batcave and the Dimensions Story Pack, I'd swap the bat-computer.

15 minutes ago, Spoddy said:

Wait, the reports are saying that at the very least batcave and Mr Freeze will release generally on November 27th, while the Asylum is a January 1st exclusive. That would be rather odd to release sets 3 months in advance of a Lego movie, but I'm not complaining.

What reports are you talking about? Haven't read anywhere that they are expected to come out in november.

1 hour ago, LegoShroom said:

Not to mention that Catwoman doesn't belong in an asylum. 

The Batman Returns version of her definitely belongs in Arkham Asylum

Best. Mr Freeze. Minifigure. Yet. I'm not disappointed at all with the Mr Freeze but I am a bit disappointed with the wall; what is that, doesn't make sense to me and is that a firefighter? 

20 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I don't think we'll see the Minifigures line in NYCC

The LEGO Movie CMF series was revealed on Nov 1st 2013. 

Ahh thanks @Robert8, yeah so I doubt we will see the TLBM CMF at NYCC like I said earlier. Can't wait to see them :grin:

50 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I spy Killer Moth (or is it Firefly) in one of those Arkham computer screens. I hope we can get it as a physical fig!

Don't we have a Killer Moth in the Scarecrow Harvest of Fear set?

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Don't we have a Killer Moth in the Scarecrow Harvest of Fear set?

We do and it's a superb fig. However, you can never have enough Moths and it could still be another guy like Firefly