Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I swear even the kids that don't have batman minifigs are like.............sigh not another batman minifig. For real Lego, at lest give us more variants ore something.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's a Batman suit. It says "Batman figure" which could just mean any suit from the movie. Hopefully it's something good though! 

1 hour ago, Delta Customs said:

I really wanna see that final set now, I wonder why it didn't show up too. Spoilers maybe? 

That's exactly the reason. At least at London.

5 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

That's the one which is meant to be a big Batmobile which splits out into Batwing and Batcycle right?

That seems weird as we already have a batwing and batcycle in this wave.

2 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

I know right? I'm interested to see how it plays out.

3 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

Ya it doesn't make sense to me... If it's super overpriced then I won't get it for a long time until it goes on sale.

20 seconds later and the Kiss Kiss suit Batman is free of the key ring and a regular fig...

...can someone explain how a keyring is covered in printing on every possible surface (love this btw) but these Batman sets have given us a joker without backprinting and marvel figures seem to get blander by the year?!

I don't understand LEGO...

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No luck for me. No 3D showings here and the IMAX theater said they have no figures and no emails or anything about getting any. Now I selfishly hope it's just a basic black batman :tongue:

Did manage to dig up most of the CMF set from Toys R Us yesterday before I got board feeling packets. :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

20 seconds later and the Kiss Kiss suit Batman is free of the key ring and a regular fig...

...can someone explain how a keyring is covered in printing on every possible surface (love this btw) but these Batman sets have given us a joker without backprinting and marvel figures seem to get blander by the year?!

I don't understand LEGO...

It's all budgeting. Each theme has to allocate their funds to allow printing for the things they want the most (same with allocating funds for new pieces). So not printing the back of coattails Joker affords them the opportunity instead to spend their printing budget on say arm and leg detailing for Catwoman. It's all give and take. However the LBM is on the extreme level, since they clearly have a huge budget considering all the new parts and prints--and it additionally may be affected by the desires of the movie production side of things. Marvel obviously doesn't have that kind of budget this wave, so all the cool new parts like baby Groot (two versions!) are offset by cheaper blank legs and arms. 

Kiss Kiss Batman is however a key chain, so it has different budgetary and production standards than the sets. Same reason CMFs are far and away more detailed than "normal" minifigures, they're produced in China, at a cheaper cost to Lego, which affords them the ability to get additional printing and molding.  

It was CM4Sci (RIP) who said Polka Dot Man was coming

If he said it, then I'm sure it's true

So there's my opinion on the Summer sets.

70913 - It is really nice, small set. Scarecrow looks amazing, perfect printing and everything. Perfect Scarecow. Batman is Batman, but I am happy to see his wings. Scarecrow Gyro Copter looks pretty good, I like pumpkin printing and Gas Bombs, Brooms. And we have got next piece to our Gotham City Energy Facility. 15$ is good price for what you get. (8.5/10)

70914 - And here is my favourite set out of the line. Batman has a new face printing, Mutant Leader is interesting and good fig, while Bane is INCREDIBLE! I love his mask, coat, gloves, pants, his tubes and container on his back! Bat-Copter is small build, but looks kinda fun. Two Toxic containers are nice addition to the set, and bigger container looks pretty good too (Ace Chemicals inscription is nice easter egg) and it looks like it can explode. Maybe I am different than others, but I love Bane's Truck. It looks so good and fun. Six wheels, orange color, Toxic container, cannon. I love it. Price is not bad at all, but it's little overpriced. (9.5/10)

70915 - That set looks awesome. Batman has a new face printing, different than that new from Bane set (or maybe it's second side from Bane's set), 2 GCPD officers figures are nice, and finally Two-Face! He is my favourite Lego Two-Face so far, I love him so much! Printing looks awesome on him and everything! Two railings are nice addition to demolition machine. Bat Hawk looks good too. Small, but interesting. And the main build looks good, but it could be better. Arms are too close and squeezed, but that's it. Great build. Price is not good for what you get, but I will but it anyway. (9/10)

70916 - Yeah, this set looks really nice. Batman and Robin are whatever, but Harley Quinn looks awesome in that suit, I love her. But...90$ and you get ONLY 3 MINIFIGURES!? Come on LEGO! Cannon is good and looks fun, and small Batmobile is really funny. Main build looks awesome! I love it. Big and awesome. But 90$ is not a reasonable price... much overpriced and not enough minifigures. (7.5/10)

Overall Summer Sets (for me) are better than Winter. I love that Wave. I'll buy Scarecrow Fearful Face-off, Bane Toxic Truck Attack and Two-Face Double Demolition. I don't care about Batwing, because I have got Harley Quin and you get only 3 minifigs. And I'm not interested in 70917 so...That's it. Eh. Again I wrote a lot.

Need Scarecrow and Two-Face ASAP. Will MOC that bulldozer into a more classic van like the 2006 set. Awesome to see more GCPD riot vests. Will wait for a good sale on Bane. Batwing is mediocre and the figures are underwhelming, hard pass. 

"Calling all AMC Stubs® members! Take your love of Lego® to a whole new level when you see The Lego Batman Movie in RealD 3D and get an AMC EXCLUSIVE Batman figure with your ticket purchase."

Doesn't seem to say anything along the lines of "restrictions apply". Does anyone have any idea of what conditions we could expect on this? I'm assuming some sort of "while supplies last"? The earliest I can watch the movie is on February 25th, and there are no available showtimes posted for that date yet at my local AMC.

Edited by BrickHat

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

It was CM4Sci (RIP) who said Polka Dot Man was coming

If he said it, then I'm sure it's true

And there were pictures of him alongside Bane, Two-face, Mutant Leader, and some Flying Monkeys.

So I went back to look at the pictures for the umpteenth time and I was able to zoom in really close! The name of the Batcycle is the Bat Hawk. Also my suspicions were right about there being new Batman expressions, and it looks like there are two new ones in the Twoface and Bane set. Unless those two expressions are the same head. 

Also the toxic tank at the back of Bane's set with the skull on it says Ace Chemicals on the sticker and not Gotham Energy... Interesting :sweet:

Edited by Ashnflash

2 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

No polka dot man :hmpf_bad: I thought someone confirmed him, well that's bogus.

Still a fifth set with Wicked Witch and Flying monkeys though...

I noticed some differences between the Visual Guide and Real Two Face's Truck.

The Visual Guide version appears to be a bit more detailed, the digger/plow kind of thing on the front appears to be possibly dual moulded with being grey on the good side and brown on the bad, however in the real set it's just all grey, in the guide there is 3 spikes on the bad side but in the real one there is only two and are just pointing up, the brown whip and clips on the bad side is brown on the guide but black on the real one, the good side has a flat white tile on the arm holding the digger but in the real one it's just open studs, the lights on the guide are held by "lightsaber" pieces and are white and brown for the respected sides, however on the real thing there just attached by clips, the lights on the bad side are also clear on the guide but are strangely grey on the real one, the side mirror on the good side that appears on the guide doesn't seem to be there on the real version, one major thing is that in the guide there is technic pieces on the arms to hold the digger but they don't appear on the real thing and there is also 2x1 sloped bricks on the end of digger in the guide but are gone in the real thing.
May be a bit nit picky and there is a few smaller ones but that's what I picked up on the differences.

IMG_5230.PNG

I wonder if that means Harley's cannon truck isn't happening, or if it's simply an exclusive.