Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Not sure if this has been posted already.

Haven't seen this before, like the new suit on joker

Don't know whether the ras has anything to do with the movie, I know they reused the manbat minifigure but I reckon he's just been thrown in there.

I do notice those black hands though...

There's a close up of Riddler here: 

The Lego Batman Movie : The Riddler !

This is from a Flickr user who picked it up off eBay. For some reason the print doesn't look that great on this one close up.

8 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

:hmpf_bad: We know. We saw them when he posted it here. 

Don't you just love people who get annoyed at others by posting something in good faith? Me too. 

8 minutes ago, (Nexus) said:

Don't you just love people who get annoyed at others by posting something in good faith? Me too. 

Me three. I love them dearly with all my heart. :sweet:

Edited by LegoShroom

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

For some reason the print doesn't look that great on this one close up.

This one is likely a factory reject, there's quite a bit of misprinting on here. The printed creases look faded and maybe smudged (especially around the buttons) and the black line on the left side of the torso is mostly gone like it rubbed off. I'd guess the seller grabbed a few of the ones that didn't pass quality standards in the factory.

Nice cuff printing on the arms though.

Edited by strangely

Yeah... I've thought for a while that some of the early release figures people get hold of can be things that have failed QC and been 'liberated' from the factory.

I adore the LBM versions of the Joker, in my opinion, they're both much better than the previous LEGO Joker iterations (with the exception of the TDK and 60's versions). The 2006 version is just okay and the 2012 one and variations thereof are pretty well done, but those weird black lines above his eyes that make him look like he has two sets of eyebrows (or green painted-on ones :wacko:) never stopped bothering me. His widow's peak hairpiece was also overused a tad, I'm glad that trend's over :classic: 

BTW, that's the second purple-suit-Joker picture we've seen that lacks the coattails but I'm sure we'll get them in at least some of the sets :grin: I mean, so far the LEGO movie related sets have an excellent track record of keeping close to the source material :thumbup: 

Don't really like any of those new figs aside from the print on Riddler. I'm sorry, but I can't get past those wacky faces on Riddler and Joker.

I can't wait to see what that new hairpiece looks like on the 2006 Joker, I feel like it'd fit better on that variant better than the 2012 one, which I always disliked. I already prefer this movie's variants to the 2012 one as well, with that nicely detailed suit and tie and pants, I'm sure he'll come with his coat tails in whatever set he's in since these seem to be just factory leaks/defects. I think the only issue I have is with the smiling expression they went with, it looks like he's nervous, and I feel like they should've arched his eyebrows for a sinister smile like that one shot in the trailer. Either way, I think it's really great that they made this new design over recycling the variant we got in sets, like Man-Bat (which is actually a shame).

As always, I am late, but from what I've heard, yea the CMF list I'm fairly real. Like CM4Sci, it's primarily compromised of CMF figures with some figures that made their way into the sets. That's what I based the 6 Batsuits, 4 neutrals, and 10 villains off of. Didn't except that picture to leak and spread so quick.

Now you could claim it's fake and someone threw in the Excalibur and other figures that have already been revealed to add credibility, but look at this. There's Babara Gordon(second row, fifth figure), but you can clearly see she's a light flesh figure, while she's a nougat colored figure in the sets. Preliminary figure? I think so, but you can also call it me connecting the dots where there are no dots to connect. 

Also, $5 that Dick Grayson(second row, fourth figure) is in the Scuttler. I've got confidence he's somewhere in that set. 

12 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

Also, $5 that Dick Grayson(second row, fourth figure) is in the Scuttler. I've got confidence he's somewhere in that set. 

So that version of Dick won't be in the CMF?

2 minutes ago, halomaster96 said:

Can anyone send me the leaked pic of the CMF series? It would help me join the conversation.

Do people not grasp the concept that you can not ask for pictures on this forum?? :hmpf_bad:

Google it. It's not hard to find. 

12 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Do people not grasp the concept that you can not ask for pictures on this forum?? :hmpf_bad:

I didn't want to ask but I cannot find it anywhere. 

EDIT: Nevermind I just found it. Pretty unimpressive actually and I can see why everyone doubts its legitimacy.

Edited by halomaster96

I believe we've also been told not to talk about the CMF because its a leak. So really unless more minifigures surface on ebay this thread should be dead until we have pictures. 

1 hour ago, CM4Sci said:

Yeah, this is starting to get repetitive. There's always someone who comes late and maybe isn't familiar with the site policy and asks for pics, creating unnecessary clutter. I think it would be good if the mods added a reminder in the first page of these threads telling people not to ask for pics.

1 minute ago, BrickHat said:

Yeah, this is starting to get repetitive. There's always someone who comes late and maybe isn't familiar with the site policy and asks for pics, creating unnecessary clutter. I think it would be good if the mods added a reminder in the first page of these threads telling people not to ask for pics.

Nobody would read that.

An idea I had was to have a little warning when the reply box is clicked on or something. :shrug_oh_well: 

Dang, sorry to be such a nuisance and bring it so off topic. To discuss an actually confirmed set, does anyone think it would be possible to combine the new Arkham Asylum with the previous one? Cause the color disparity seems too drastic to me. I do think the set looks great but I wish it wouldn't have just been another facade of the front of the building.

44 minutes ago, halomaster96 said:

Dang, sorry to be such a nuisance and bring it so off topic. To discuss an actually confirmed set, does anyone think it would be possible to combine the new Arkham Asylum with the previous one? Cause the color disparity seems too drastic to me. I do think the set looks great but I wish it wouldn't have just been another facade of the front of the building.

As the same building? Probably not. Not only do the color schemes vary greatly, the styles for both are rather intrinsically different. Now, displaying them as separate buildings on the same land, a la Batman: Arkham Asylum's setup, would probably work with some greenery between the two.