Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I've been going through a bit a dark age, and it looks like that Arkham Asylum is going to take me out of it! I always regretted not getting the 2011 version, but this is even better!

Edited by Airbenderfreak

These three new sets are great! The batcave looks good, with the suit rack and jail. I also like the bat-computer. I wish it included robin or bat-girl. Let's hope they come in other cheap sets.

Arkham looks great, excellent selection of figures, and I like the side builds. It helps to fill out the place

The Mr. freeze set looks a little awkward to me. I like how is seems the smaller sets include something that shows the setting, it gives the set more character.

Good to see the wait won't be so long. The sooner the better!

I like that the Penguin's minions use chainsaws like in that Batman Returns concept art, and its great to finally get a closed umbrella piece, I'm going to have to get at least 3 for the other Penguin variants and one for Professor Henry Jones. I'm not seeing any sign of the Scarecrow in the Arkham set at all, since I'm pretty sure it was "hinted" that we'd get some version of him in that set, but oh well. Mr. Freeze looks interesting with a dome and Arkham City looking  goggles on a blue head. 

30 minutes ago, Borex said:

Arkham could have used some baseplates imo. Especially since it has some snow on the building. That could have created more the vibe of winter. Unless that isn't snow of course. I love that it has a watchtower and i love the jail thingies like the table, the workout bench etc as well. The police car looks great and i think with a bit of modding the asylum will look even better. The figs arent really special to me.

Agreed about base plates I miss them being prevalent in sets. If that isn't snow then Arkham is covered in a LOT of bird poop XD

18 minutes ago, N_Cat said:

Ah, so it is! I thought it was a recolor of the Bruce Wayne tie, and that the detail was just washed out because it was white, but now I see it is a different shape entirely. It's completely tolerable as a collar, thank you! 

Haha no bother, the only worry is if the print below it lacks a collar and so looks very odd without the piece on top.

The batsuit rack has place for five more batsuits. Which suits are we getting in the cmf series? And is the change your clothes play function just that or a secret door to the wayne manor as well?

I can already see someone using Aaron Cash head for purist Luke Cage (Me :wink: )

I don't think my wallet or storage will handle this year. I think however, compared to the 2006 Batman theme, and every Batman set in DC Super Heroes, this is going to be the definitive Batman wave

I am sorry if the bat computer isn't as good as you'd expect and the "bigger and better" statement got your hopes up. I personally agree with Captain Unicorn with the monitors looking better in the real set, but the general size and shape is better on the Dimensions one. We clearly have an unpopular opinion here and that caused the final reveal to be not as good as hoped. That's a sorry from us. 

Captain Unicorn has also said that pictures should be leaking soon, or even official pictures. You can call this a very broad and general claim, but that's whatever. 

For anyone wondering, my next news batch should be posted by the new year, so cheers and keep an eye out for that in a few months. 

New Batcave looks cool, the new Arkham looks really mediocre but the new Freeze set is nice. And finally some red freaking goggles!!!

Can't remember any wave of any other theme that was so hilarious :laugh:

I never bothered too much about the DC Superhero sets since there were too many "bat" & "fun" vehicles. The figures often lacked detail as well. Now we get so much racial & gender diversion, interessting new molds (til now I count at least 11). Some molds in interesting colours (batcowl in gold!) & tons of detailed printing. To my wallet this will be very unfortunate :tongue:.

If that Arkham Asylum also has good interior.... -

4 minutes ago, AngelofVengeanceAzrael7 said:

New Batcave looks cool, the new Arkham looks really mediocre but the new Freeze set is nice. And finally some red freaking goggles!!!

I'm kinda disappointed they are more like two separate red lenses attached to his face than goggles.

Looking at Mr. Freeze's armor some more, does anyone else think it could be used as an Azrael-Batman suit from the Knightfall storyline or are there studs that are protruding (where the dome is attached) that will stop this from looking good? 

Holy crap, those look amazing :cry_happy:

Mr. Freeze looks perfect! That mech is a great addition too. Definitely worth the $20.

That batcave is very impressive. It's simple, but it gets the job done. Penguin looks great and that duck vehicle is hilarious. Also, the mini penguins have red eyes! Chainsaws too! Alfred, Bruce Wayne and the other bat suits make this set that much better. 

Arkham asylum looks freaking amazing, a beefed up 2006 arkham for sure. 12 minifigures is very surprising, but I like it. I like how Harley has the Melissa McCarthy's hair piece in blonde. Two face, riddler,  catwoman, and poison ivy all have new head pieces. I also like the little gym area. The weight lifting part looks so good, would love to have that because I love lifting. Also, the skateboard wheels are used as weights, brilliant! 

Overall, I love this theme! So far, everything looks perfect and I can't wait for the clayface set. 

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

Looking at Mr. Freeze's armor some more, does anyone else think it could be used as an Azrael-Batman suit from the Knightfall storyline or are there studs that are protruding (where the dome is attached) that will stop this from looking good? 

I could be wrong, but I think it's a rim like the "bowl" piece has keeping the dome in place. Whether or not a type-1 or 2 cowl would fit on that setup, I'm not sure.

36 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I could be wrong, but I think it's a rim like the "bowl" piece has keeping the dome in place. Whether or not a type-1 or 2 cowl would fit on that setup, I'm not sure.

I believe the dome is a fair bit wider than the cowl so either type should fit on the head with the armour piece.

3 minutes ago, TheLegoExperience said:

I can't wait to see HD versions of these. Hard to see some of the finer details as of now!

I know! I am crazy wanting to see the Asylum figs up close.

After a closer look I have to say the Arkham Asylum Breakout and The Batcave: The Penguin and Mr. Freeze's Invasion sets are better than these versions. 

This new Arkham Asylum looks boring and uninteresting, except for the minifigures, of course. It's like the building is just an excuse to get a cool bunch of minifigures. It's like the Fun at the Park set. Maybe the set will be called "Fun at the Asylum"? :laugh:

The Batcave is slightly better. At least is not the mess the 60's Batcave was, but the 2006 version is FAR superior. That duck vehicle is terrible. Looks like a bad LEGO Ideas project. Again, the minifigures save the day. 

About the Mr. Freeze set, I have to say it looks very childish but I like the mech for what it is, but I don't see the appealing of that piece of wall of whatever it is. Those pieces could have been used to get a bigger the mech instead.... because let's be honest, no one cares about a random piece of wall. The mech is real deal here. Overall, $20 sounds like a good price for what you get. The new Mr. Freeze looks very cool. 

Edited by Robert8

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

After a closer look I have to say the Arkham Asylum Breakout and The Batcave: The Penguin and Mr. Freeze's Invasion sets are better than these versions. 

This new Arkham Asylum looks boring and uninteresting, except for the minifigures, of course. It's like the building is just an excuse to get a cool bunch of minifigures. It's like Fun at the Park set. Maybe the set will be called "Fun at the Asylum"? :laugh:

The Batcave is slightly better. At least in the mess the 60's Batcave was, but the 2006 version is FAR superior. That duck vehicle is terrible. Looks like a bad LEGO Ideas project. Again, the minifigures save the day. 

About the Mr. Freeze set, I have to say it look very childish but I like the mech for what it is, but I don't see the appealing of that piece of wall of whatever it is. Those pieces could have been used in the mech instead.... because let's be honest, no one cares about a random piece of wall. The mech is real deal here. Overall, $20 sounds like a good price for what you get. The new Mr. Freeze looks very cool. 

I agree 100%:wink:

Just now, Robert8 said:

This new Arkham Asylum looks boring and uninteresting, except for the minifigures, of course. It's like the building is just an excuse to get a cool bunch of minifigures. It's like Fun at the Park set. Maybe the set will be called "Fun at the Asylum"? :laugh:

The Batcave is slightly better. At least in the mess the 60's Batcave was, but the 2006 version is FAR superior. That duck vehicle is terrible. Looks like a bad LEGO Ideas project. Again, the minifigures save the day. 

About the Mr. Freeze set, I have to say it look very childish but I like the mech for what it is, but I don't see the appealing of that piece of wall of whatever it is. Those pieces could have been used in the mech instead.... because let's be honest, no one cares about a random piece of wall. The mech is real deal here. Overall, $20 sounds like a good price for what you get. The new Mr. Freeze looks very cool. 

How does it look boring? I think it looks pretty cool. It kind of fits with the Gothic atmosphere of the Batman world.

6 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

am i one of the big dogs now?

I wonder if you can confirm the Arkham Asylum set is the largest set out of the lego batman movie line. Please, I really need to know that. By the way, you have already become one of the big dogs way before this.

I do agree that the bat cave and Arkham sets do seem like callbacks to the older 2006 versions, especially Arkham with the brown and black pieces. My favorite figure of this entire series so far is Alfred, although I can't tell if the sides of his hair are black or dark grey.