Sign in to follow this  
kaiju

[SR - FB1 - Nov 16] On Death's Tide

A couple of days late, or maybe just in time for Day of the Dead.  In either case...

Certain tales and superstitions are quick to catch and spread.  Stories of a ship seen at distance burning with an eerie green fire, told hold all across the spreading empires.  Corlander rationalism, the Faith of Oleon, nothing seemed to silence hushed tales of of the burning ship and its crew of the dead and damned.  And around a certain night sacred to the priests of Hades reported sightings of the ship known as the Lost Soul's Tide were all to frequent.

deathstide_01.png

deathstide_02.png

deathstide_03.png

deathstide_04.png

deathstide_05.png

deathstide_06.png

deathstide_07.png

deathstide_08.png

Edited by kaiju

Creepy and awesome! Love the use of the glow-in-the-dark pieces. The ripped black sails are great, too. Excellent build! :thumbup:

15 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Creepy ... :thumbup:

15 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Awesome job!

Thank you.

14 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Creepy and awesome! Love the use of the glow-in-the-dark pieces. The ripped black sails are great, too. Excellent build! :thumbup:

Thanks.  I went for the yellowish green/glow in the dark colour after trans-bright green rendered... poorly with the software I'm using.  I thought I mighty have gone a little over the top with the amount in places.

Great looking ghost-ship, Kaiju. For a moment, I thought it was a micro, but that is quite clearly not the case upon closer inspection. A few close-ups might be a good idea, to better show off the details.

It looks very ghostly with the colors, glowing pieces and tattered sails. Great work. Will she be licensed?

4 hours ago, Bregir said:

Great looking ghost-ship, Kaiju. For a moment, I thought it was a micro, but that is quite clearly not the case upon closer inspection. A few close-ups might be a good idea, to better show off the details.

It looks very ghostly with the colors, glowing pieces and tattered sails. Great work. Will she be licensed?

I probably won't be licensing this version, I don't think the undead get good credit with traders.  It would be fairly simple to de-spooky the ship, though, so a version of the build may be licensed in future.

3 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Nice render.  It has a spooky feel. :pir-skel:

On 11/3/2016 at 8:02 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Strange ship. I like it, especially her colors! Shiver me timbers!

10 hours ago, TitusV said:

Now this is impressive! Great colours!

Thank you, both.  I can't take too much credit for the colours; after trying out a couple of other combinations I decided to just go with the colour scheme of Ninjago's ghost faction.