Sign in to follow this  
Takanuinuva

What's with Lego and 4 arms?

This had me thinking when I watched the Day of the Departed Ninjago special. Lego has a lot of original characters with 4 arms. Be it Samukai Garmadon and Kozu from Ninjago. Skull Slicer from Bionicle gen 2. And don't get me started on the several 4 armed villains from hero factory. Star Wars sets have some 4 armed characters but that's not cause of lego but the source material 

But the question is why does Lego like this idea? 

7 minutes ago, Mr Greeble said:

It makes it easier for villains to multitask. You try taking over the world with only two arms.

:thumbup: :laugh: This

But it is an interesting trend.

As far as I could find, there have been 9 different minifig characters with four arms since 2005: General Grievous , Frenzy (Space Police III), Samukai, Lord Garmadon, Pong Krell (Star Wars), Robot Foot Soldier (TMNT), General Kozu, Nadakhan and finally, this year's Giant Stone Warrior (Ninjago). That makes five four-armed baddies in the Ninjago line alone! The thing I personally like about them is that they can wield so many weapons at the same time, however, it's often hard to pose them so they don't get in each others way.

Why does TLG like the four arms idea so much? Well, who knows, but I guess doubling the amount of legs just didn't have the evilness effect they were looking for... :wink:

I'd love to see a good guy with four arms, for a change (not counting the alien jedi). 

15 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I'd love to see a good guy with four arms, for a change (not counting the alien jedi). 

Spoiler alert, that Jedi was actually a villain...

On 11/2/2016 at 1:23 PM, gamejutzu said:

I'd actually like to see them do six...

Why settle for just six :wink:

But seriously I think they do it more for the novelty factor than anything

On 2-11-2016 at 3:23 AM, gamejutzu said:

I'd actually like to see them do six...

Took me about two hours to find the picture, but here ya go, a minifig with six arms: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Stone_Cold?file=LEGO-Ninjago-Poster-by-Papercutz.jpg :grin:

Btw, is it possible to keep stacking Garmadon upper torsos? (I only own one, so I cannot test this myself)  I tested it in LDD....

Ladies and Gentleman, I raise you...

9a7cc79f60.PNG

Centipede Garmadon! :devil_laugh: