If it comes to anything, taking a reasonable challenge according to your current skills while utilizing trial & error learning from own mistakes is great. A reasonable challenge, I shall repeat. The doubtful tone that you can perceive from some of the replies and which may seem a bit huffy, that comes from people who recognised this might be rather excessive challenge.

Some people would argue but I think that taking more than you can chew is usually non productive, if not directly negative (in this case, damage to the motor or parts could be the example of unfortunate consequence, that is better to be avoided).

My all - consider all the suggestions and perhaps reconsider the goals :)

I am young and inexperienced (13) but I want to try and build this there is no harm in doing it and if is mess I will know for next time.

I was 13 too , 2 days ago :))

You and me have made mistakes like everyone else. I was also wanting to build a very big truck. (1:10 scale. Approximately the same scale as Lucio Switch's) I made mine 90% built, and yes I could've finished it, there were also the models weak points one of which was the excessive turning radius. Here are some points you might want to focus on.

• Battery box placement. Will it take up room where you want to put other features? I placed mine where the fuel tanks would go.
  • Fake (V8?) engine. My model had a pneumatic compressor where I wanted the fake V8 engine to go.
  • What is the prototype? Find a photo of the prototype. I was lucky enough to take look at the real one. If you are planning on going with Kenworth here are a few things that will help. Builder manual. http://kenworth.com/media/52234/hd-t800-w900-c500-body-builder-manual-kenworth.pdf
  • http://kenworth.com/request-a-brochure.aspx Here you can request a brochure to be mailed. I received mine and learned a lot about the prototype.

In no way am I saying that I am as good a builder as Sariel but this is just my experience building large trucks. :wink:

You and me have made mistakes like everyone else. I was also wanting to build a very big truck. (1:10 scale. Approximately the same scale as Lucio Switch's) I made mine 90% built, and yes I could've finished it, there were also the models weak points one of which was the excessive turning radius. Here are some points you might want to focus on.

• Battery box placement. Will it take up room where you want to put other features? I placed mine where the fuel tanks would go.
  • Fake (V8?) engine. My model had a pneumatic compressor where I wanted the fake V8 engine to go.
  • What is the prototype? Find a photo of the prototype. I was lucky enough to take look at the real one. If you are planning on going with Kenworth here are a few things that will help. Builder manual. http://kenworth.com/...al-kenworth.pdf
  • http://kenworth.com/...a-brochure.aspx Here you can request a brochure to be mailed. I received mine and learned a lot about the prototype.

In no way am I saying that I am as good a builder as Sariel but this is just my experience building large trucks. :wink:

ok Thank you and I am building a Mack dump truck. Edited by Lego2016Lego

For a 13 year old TFOL looks it very promising. :thumbup:

I hope that you build first what you wanted build for yourself and learn from the advice you get from experience builders. :wink:

I am going to need to build in different colors but after I get everything done I may order the parts in the right color.

For a 13 year old TFOL looks it very promising. :thumbup:

I hope that you build first what you wanted build for yourself and learn from the advice you get from experience builders. :wink:

I try to.

I am young and inexperienced (13) but I want to try and build this there is no harm in doing it and if is mess I will know for next time.

I was 13 too , 2 days ago :))

Another wise hint for the future guys: read CAREFULLY every document before signing. Credit, contracts, guidelines...

Anyhow, it is indeed getting a shape, but setting become a HOF member as goal, is not the right motivation for MOCing. Just saying... building fun and sharing is more valuable.

With time and practice, who knows? :wink:

Edited by agrof

because the back wheels are going to have more wheels.

OK got ya.

I would get rid of the front drive, it adds a lot of complexity, the extra XL in the back would help, and its a lot stronger to have an axle with no drive then one that does.

Don't get angry my friend(s).

I am not a moderator, I have no power to play with. Actually, such behavior is pretty much far from me.

I like the spirituality, what You described, that's why are we here.

Still, I am aware, that majority of people don't pay attention for such like reading the "papers". This can cause problems in different levels, in different life situations.

This forum gives not the hardest beat, if one is not paying attention, but there are enough contracts to sign in our lives. It was just a friendly advice, which is a bit more about, than just Lego. Maybe I could use more smiley, but I see a lot ruined family due to such issues.

Back to topic, sorry for being OFF.

Huh. I don't think I've seen so much negativity and discouragement on this board in a long time. Yeesh.

It's looking good so far. Build what you want, don't let these guys tell you what you cannot do. Trial and error will teach you more than people trying to build something for you through the PC screen.... And sometimes breaking something teaches you best of all.

I apologize if I have seemed rude in any of your eyes. I admire your talents and only wish the best for all builders.( It has been good practice for my speech making skills though) the very best to all of you, masters and novices alike,

Sincerely,

Myers Lego Technic

If I were able build like this when I had 13... (I don't think I'm able to build like this even now)

The body and everything else adds a lot of weight, so a second XL should be installed. I don't think that the front axle will resist the load. Try adding diagonal supports in the frame, right now it doesn't looks strong enough.

In a build like this you should think 10 moves ahead, it must be really strong to be able to carry something, even it's own weight.

Good luck building this monster!

Edited by LXF

Yes I am under age. But It says the site was designed for, but not restricted to those who are age eighteen or over. I wonder why you have brought this up, whether to demonstrate your power over us and the ability to have us removed from the site, or if you question our ability and maturity. I have attended national... ...AND read the guide lines and am confused as sofar I have seen no adult content that I deem Insuitable for someone of my age.

Sincerely,

Myers Lego Technic

From the guidelines which you have carefully read:

Posting that you are not an adult is a quick way to be banned.

The guidelines are very thoughtfully written in this point. Neither direct rejection, nor a discrimination for anyone. You are only asked NOT to say that you are under 18. I think that's quite easy to understand. agrof just did you a gentle reminder of this, there was no demonstration of power or whatever so don't get pathetic this easily :)

By the way if you are so convinced that the age doesn't matter (I agree with that in fact - I have many premature friends whos skills beat mine), then you shouldn't bring it up in the first place ;)

I don't see that much negativity in this thread, unless I specifically try to find it beyond every line. Sometimes people write briefly and mattef-of-fact, rather than over moderating their replies to avoid any possible confusion. It's then easy to perceive bad tone if you presume it to be there.

No need to get overly touchy, no need to further explain the meaning of each previous post, no need to apologize for every single slight misunderstanding. All of this just makes the thread look weird and repelling and the original content vanishes.

Ok guys I will try to reinforce more and I am adding 1 more thing to lift the bucket.

And I didn't mean to make a big argument sorry. :sad:

Edited by Lego2016Lego

I have a problem. I put one more hydraulic in and it still has a problem lifting the bucket and I am not close to finishing the bucket.

Is the hydraulic or linear actuator cracking of is the motor stalling? if the motor is stalling gear it down if the LA is cracking you should move the place the LA is attached to gain a higher mechanical advantage.

sorry to come back to this, but I really wanted to give some input to this topic.

honestly, I don't know why this whole age thing is even starting any discussion. this is the internet, it's rare to find someone telling the truth about their age, it's just normal to lie about that stuff. for the most part, I think age restrictions like this, or age suggestions I guess, are kind of arbitrary. I think as long as you are mature enough to know what you're getting into, and are willing to deal with possibly inappropriate or just more mature topics, age doesn't really matter.

now back to the truck. sorry for going off topic again. good luck on your build, can't wait to see what you come up with!

OK, lets make it clear for our youngsters. :classic:

Age: Eurobricks is a site intended for an adult audience, which for the purpose of these guidelines are people of around the age of 18 or greater. We reserve the right to ban anyone who does not meet that requirement.

It is clear I guess.

Posting that you are not an adult is a quick way to be banned.

Kind of a polite demand: once You are here, at least don't cut off the branch You are sitting on. Who to blame afterwards?

Believe me, given the rethoric of a comment, it is quite easy to tell, who is under age, but none of us is bothered about it, as long topics are not flooded by "First!" and "Cool!" like comments.

Let's close this line, and focus on this build, I am out of parental mode. :wink: