PROGRESS:

Improved steering and rear suspension using ImanolBB's MODs and some tweaking. Removed the bed tipping and cabin tipping cylinders( for now) . LDD

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

The next step is to buy the pneumatic elements :hmpf_bad: and find the way to install the bed tipping mechanism (the old one was blocking the suspension). Final color is green. Need to make the HOG now

Edited by LXF

Word of advice...

This contest is about pneumatics, so don't focus too much on all the other functions. Keep them simple, so you can concentrate on the pneumatics.

Word of advice...

This contest is about pneumatics, so don't focus too much on all the other functions. Keep them simple, so you can concentrate on the pneumatics.

Thanks for the advice, I'll leave the hog for later will install the bed tipping today, that's the real headache now

Advice from non-expert: Do propper pneumatics but do also focus on other functions! :D There is notming more attractive for me than a model with complex functionality and the embedded pneumatics which makes sense in the application. Model which is clearly focused just on PS and other functions are neglected is just...

But then again, this is pneumatics contest :D That may alter the goals so who am I to say :)

Advice from non-expert: Do propper pneumatics but do also focus on other functions! :D There is notming more attractive for me than a model with complex functionality and the embedded pneumatics which makes sense in the application. Model which is clearly focused just on PS and other functions are neglected is just...

But then again, this is pneumatics contest :D That may alter the goals so who am I to say :)

I have enough time to make all the functions work as they should, and your opinion is important for me , it motivates me to perfect all the functions :sweet:

PROGRESS:

I was an idiot. I made the routes for the bed tilting hoses on the right, while the switch is on the left. ow it is corrected , also reinforced the manual PTO gears , added placement for the bed tilting mechanism and some minor corrections for the LDD file.

My model is at 1:25 scale , I used the Sariel's scale tool for this

Here's a schematic of pneumatics:

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

Today or tomorrow will make a test bed and try the tilting.

I'm liking this a lot, it's coming on nicely. It's really interesting following not only the build process but the speed at which you build even if it is on LDD.

Keep up the good work and the very best of luck in the competition.

I'm liking this a lot, it's coming on nicely. It's really interesting following not only the build process but the speed at which you build even if it is on LDD.

Keep up the good work and the very best of luck in the competition.

Thanks!The speed is due to the fact that classes will start in September and now I have the entire day free :classic:

You have my vote!

I like how fast you build, every day some good updates, so it's nice to follow. I have no idea if you have some experience with small cilinders, but for me they always seem to go: in or out. No between. This makes moving heavy object difficult for the small cilinders.

I don't know if you encounter this problem too, but you're a smart guy, I have no doubt you will fix it!

You have my vote!

I like how fast you build, every day some good updates, so it's nice to follow. I have no idea if you have some experience with small cilinders, but for me they always seem to go: in or out. No between. This makes moving heavy object difficult for the small cilinders.

I don't know if you encounter this problem too, but you're a smart guy, I have no doubt you will fix it!

:sweet: Thanks, I'm sure the problems are yet to come , the crane will be the most complex part

PROGRESS:

Made the mechanism for the bed tilting, so far first you need to gain some pressure in the system , after that the tilting works nice and fast. LDD

The video shows the current build working.

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

Edited by LXF

Nice work! I still don't have pneumatic parts on my hands and you have finished the chassis already. It is going to be very cute and lovely Unimog:)

Nice work! I still don't have pneumatic parts on my hands and you have finished the chassis already. It is going to be very cute and lovely Unimog:)

I hope you'll get them soon!

PROGRESS:

Thanks to my idiotness I discovered a better mechanism for tipping, now less pressure is required LDD

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

Edited by LXF

Shall I be picky, I'd say that the maximum tip angle is somewhat low. any chance you could achieve more? At least 45°? :)

I just thought of a real challenge for you. Make the bed tilting so, that the bed can both lift up and sideways! I know, way to hard, nice challenge.

Not that this Unimog isn't an impressive build already.

Shall I be picky, I'd say that the maximum tip angle is somewhat low. any chance you could achieve more? At least 45°? :)

I just thought of a real challenge for you. Make the bed tilting so, that the bed can both lift up and sideways! I know, way to hard, nice challenge.

Not that this Unimog isn't an impressive build already.

logo_11.png?1377952993

Having in mind the time given ( a lot) , I'm working on it

Edited by LXF

Really nice WIP so far. Looking forward to seeing more. You've inspired me to try and build my own model for this contest so thanks

Really nice WIP so far. Looking forward to seeing more. You've inspired me to try and build my own model for this contest so thanks

I'm looking forward to your entry :sweet:

I can tell that this is going to turn out great. I can't wait to see it finished! :sweet::thumbup:​

I hope to don't dissapoint :classic:

Nice progress for sure!!! I agree on the tipping angle, not very realistic... :-)

It is hard to archieve , but with the latest update I got almost 45' , the cylinder that I'm using can consider himself a real hero :laugh:

PROGRESS:

I am really struggling with the reliability of this, but I got a two way tilting. The side one works great , but the normal one needs to built some pressure before you can use it :look:

28508656863_b787c06043_z.jpgUnimog U 400 new bed mechanism by Alaxaf, on Flickr

29050298701_9519478531_z.jpgUnimog U 400 new bed mechanism by Alaxaf, on Flickr

Edited by LXF

Could you not squeeze standard size cylinder for the classic tilting? Given the size of the bed, I think it would scale appropriaately, rather than this small one.

Could you not squeeze standard size cylinder for the classic tilting? Given the size of the bed, I think it would scale appropriaately, rather than this small one.

Now will make the cabin while waiting the order.

EDIT: It seems to be imopossible. The cylinder is way too big for this purpose . The inside is very crowded

Edited by LXF

Challenge succesfully accomplished! Haha I love this project more and more!

EDIT: It seems to be imopossible. The cylinder is way too big for this purpose . The inside is very crowded

That's a bad news :/ Two small perhaps then? But hey, how many times does something look impossible until this eureka moment :D Fingers crossed!

Challenge succesfully accomplished! Haha I love this project more and more!

:sweet:

That's a bad news :/ Two small perhaps then? But hey, how many times does something look impossible until this eureka moment :D Fingers crossed!

Cannot promise anything, but util 31st of October I have enought time :classic:

PROGRESS:

Basically nothing new , only the LDD file

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

And I found a pic of what this could look:

http://media.voiture...19-08-03-bq.jpg

Edited by LXF