Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

On 12. august 2016 at 6:23 AM, Khscarymovie4 said:

Bank Robbery, Service Truck Heist, and the Police Station are the ones I am most looking forward too. The only reason for the police station is because I have never gotten one before.

Buy the 2014 police station and Prison Island in clearance instead. You could possible get those two set to a price close to the new police station. 

19 hours ago, LegoRomania said:

What subtheme we can expect in the summer?

I would like safari or jungle.

Jungle sounds good! :classic:

48 minutes ago, Tupiaz said:

Buy the 2014 police station and Prison Island in clearance instead. You could possible get those two set to a price close to the new police station. 

The 2014 one is awesome. It's large and full of window frame pieces which is great for MOCs. Plus it's always on sale (they always are), I got mine for fake 50% (really it was 46% off) and if it had a second garage door would probably be my favorite police station since the 1993-1996 timeframe.

I will definatly be adding the new police station to my collection since I own all the other City police stations to date except one (I am missing the 7237 Police Station but I have the 7744 Police Headquarters, 7498 Police Station, 4440 Forrest Police Station, 60047 Police Station, 60069 Swamp Police Station and 60130 Prison Island)

On 26 September 2016 at 10:44 PM, lightningtiger said:
On 28 October 2016 at 5:17 PM, sebitsena said:

Yes but it is not the kind of train i am talking about. As it has been said somewhere else, it is a winter village set which happen to be a train and not a real train for me = it is not a cargo nor a passenger train. Not a good set for a regular city ;) Hope you understand what i mean :)

LOL! I can't undo lightningtigers post! ?. Oh well.

I get what you mean, sebitsena. We haven't had a regular cargo or passenger train for ages! I also don't realy count the winter village sets- they are not regular train sets, realy. I would like more new trains like the emerald night train, horizon express and the city cargo train.

The lego fan.

Edited by The lego fan

14 hours ago, amazingbricks said:

New City minifigure on the top right! Pretty cool torso and that head looks new!

30380936230_2f7648fe15_b.jpg

Hang on a minute, isn't the minifigure in the top right a nexo knights minifigure without armour because in 2017, I've heard the knights are wearing spacesuits. Please correct me if I am speaking nonsense. Or do you mean the minifigure in the bottom right? Just a thought.

The lego fan.

Amazingbricks is right: this figure is the girl in the 2017 dragster transporter set (Great Vehicules theme).

23 hours ago, sebitsena said:

Amazingbricks is right: this figure is the girl in the 2017 dragster transporter set (Great Vehicules theme).

Oh, I'm very sorry!

The lego fan.

Edited by The lego fan

Yeppp! There they are. My favorite is the Tow Truck, but I mean, most are just meh.

First time we get a woman as the police chief?

We also get a new face with a moustache.

Edited by sebitsena

6 minutes ago, just2good said:

Yeppp! There they are. My favorite is the Tow Truck, but I mean, most are just meh.

I literally only saw this because of your video :grin: I'm kinda glad to see Chase back.

Also what happened to the Gangster Squad set?

Thanks for the link!

Honestly, my first reaction on following the link was: "Wait ... aren't these the police sets from 2016?" I had to double-check to make sure I was looking at 2017 sets.  

Edited by Joebot

I spy new 'square' mudguard pieces (in the bank robbery and tow truck sets).

For the rest, just another police line with the same sort of sets we always get.

That policewoman with the hat reminds me of Detective Callahan from Police Academy, lol. What a shame her hair isn't the right color.

Might get the bank, motorbike with sidecar and the ATM sets, but leave the rest.

Finally pictures! Quite disappointing sets, though. Let's hope the rest is better. The SUV and pizza truck sound promising.

I think the 2014 police line is better. Probably the only set I will get is the bank as I didn't get the last one. Why is there no money truck though? Oh well.

Interesting that the police station is an anti corner building.

I wonder if the Auto Transport Heist is a retail exclusive...

I had low expectations, and still I am disappointed.
Uninspiring and uninspired sets.

I'm still not happy with the police station, a bit of a throw back to five years ago.

Now for the minifigs, they are the high point of next year with new torsos and female hair with police hat. The police copters look to be five year ago throw backs also, why are the city designers being awesome one way and completely lazy another ?

I feel the police station is going to be a miss for me, but the another sets even with crappy builds will be buys just because of the minifigs included in them.

Seriously the city design team needs to be freshened up, we could do a job ! :grin: