Ralph_S

U.S. Navy aircraft

G Ralph, they are truly amazing :oo :oo

The Tomcat was one of my favorite planes of all times and your versions are just astounding!!!!

Details are awsome!!!!- cokpit, weapons...

Did you do the decals yourself???

Your A7 is excellent to!!!!!!!

Did you do versions of the SR-71 and B1 bomber??????

Really excellent work Ralph, please show us more!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude! Those MOCs rock!!!

Your planes are really great, but the real jewels of your gallery are those bussesand vans!!!! :oo

So much great detail in there! And the shapes are so accurate! Impressive, really impressive! Hope you'll show us more! :oD

Yes, I did the decals myself. They are good old fashioned handwork involving pen, paper, and lots of transparent tape. I'm glad you like them. I have never built either the SR-71 or a B-1, though the SR-71 is certainly on my list. I'm still collecting sufficient black plates to build it and don't want to have to destroy my F-14D to do it.

I don't have any more aircraft to show you. The ones on brickshelf are my complete collection.

I didn't realise that the folders containing my cars already were public, but I am glad to see that they are. I have quite a few more cars than currently on brickshelf, and I will see whether I can add those in the next few days.

Regards,

Ralph

Indeed Ralph your mocs are most impressive, with all the sci-fi mocs that we see its nice to see someone is still building things out of lego that we have in the real world. :)

BTW Ralph, coul you copy/paste the link of your Brickshelf gallery into your signature for everyone to see.

That woul be excellent!!!!!

Thanks for the idea. I'm new at Eurobricks and hadn't updated my profile/ signature yet.

Ralph

Ralph, pardon me, I forgot to......

Welcome aboard Ralph!!!!!!

I'm sure you will like your time with us, he, he ;)

Thanks. Glad to be here. I didn't know this forum was so active. It's great to be able to get feedback on my MOCs, especially nice feedback :-D

Ralph

Ralph, truly outstanding work. Being an Air Force veteran I really appreciate the excellent work done on the aircraft ! Your vehicles are no less astounding though, I particularly admire the L A City medic unit ( I'm a retired engineer from nearby Orange County FD ).

Thanks for sharing these with us.

bfs

I am glad you like my aircraft. That somebody with an Air Force background appreciates them means a lot to me. I'm also very happy that you like my Los Angeles Fire Department paramedic unit/ ambulance. I am not from the US myself. Though I have seen ambulances like this when visiting the US and in pictures on the 'net, I had to guess at the vehicle's contents, which are hidden behind closed doors.

Thanks,

Ralph

Wow..I saw your creations on MOC Pages. I didn't know you were on EB. I truely love those MOCs, and they have great detail.

amazing stuff :wub: you have really incredible builder talent! for now I'll call you the aircraft master :tongue:

OHH you did the a-10 ! my favourite! :wub:

That's a blast from the past! A thread from three years ago is resurrected.

I joined Eurobricks about three years ago and this thread was probably one of the first I started. I did check in from time to time, but haven't been a very active member.

My collection of aircraft has grown quite a bit since then. I think I used to have five aircraft back in 2005. Now my collection numbers 28 aircraft and helicopters. I still haven't built an SR-71 though :) I'm no longer updating my pages on MOCpages because I got fed up with it. I've moved to flickr and am much happier there. I also still update my folders on brickshelf.

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

I'm at a loss for words. There's so much awesomeness going on in that gallery.

As a car guy though I have to say yours are all amazing. Jalopnik.com did a "10 most realistic Lego cars" feature last week, had I seen these earlier I would have suggested submitting one of them. truly amazing work. I work at a Dodge dealership so I'm a bit surprised to see the Charger, Neon, Intrepids, Sebring, and Concorde. I love the Viper GTS, New Yorker and 911 Classic. And that Miura is absolutely stunning! :wub:

Edited by bootz

I'm glad this thread was revived. I wouldn't have found it otherwise. I'm dumbfounded with the level of detail in your work. The A-7 gear design is amazing. You should be an aeronautical engineer! Thank you for posting up the pics.

I am a former Marine myself but my parents were both career USAF/ANG officers, hence my initials ETA. Ever thought of doing a C-97? Maybe one day that will be my project if I reach the level of building you possess.

Edited by ETAV8R

How long did it take you to make the f117?

Dakar

It's been a fair few years since I built it (I think I built it in 2006/2007), so I don't remember quite how long it took me. I do remember that the build was spread out over a several weeks, with the unfinished MOC sitting in my LEGO room while I tried to solves some problems with it now and then in between building other stuff.

I'm at a loss for words. There's so much awesomeness going on in that gallery.

As a car guy though I have to say yours are all amazing. Jalopnik.com did a "10 most realistic Lego cars" feature last week, had I seen these earlier I would have suggested submitting one of them. truly amazing work. I work at a Dodge dealership so I'm a bit surprised to see the Charger, Neon, Intrepids, Sebring, and Concorde. I love the Viper GTS, New Yorker and 911 Classic. And that Miura is absolutely stunning! :wub:

Thank you. Much appreciated. I always liked the look of Chrysler's cab-forward models in particular. However, my brickshelf gallery hasn't been updated in a long time. Quite a few of these models have been taken apart by now, although I still have plenty left and plenty of new ones. Here's a montage of the large-scale car collection as it appeared about a year ago.

5150885440_c254c3b74d.jpg

LEGO vehicle models by Mad physicist, on Flickr

It has grown a bit since.

I'm glad this thread was revived. I wouldn't have found it otherwise. I'm dumbfounded with the level of detail in your work. The A-7 gear design is amazing. You should be an aeronautical engineer! Thank you for posting up the pics.

I am a former Marine myself but my parents were both career USAF/ANG officers, hence my initials ETA. Ever thought of doing a C-97? Maybe one day that will be my project if I reach the level of building you possess.

ETA. That's funny. I'm glad you enjoy looking at them. I have moved to flickr and have continued building. I made a similar montage of my aircraft models about a year ago as I did for the cars.

5150274517_13ff4495b8.jpg

LEGO aircraft and helicopter models by Mad physicist, on Flickr

My collection of aircraft has grown a bit too, since I made it. I am a physicist, worked for an aeronautical engineering department of a university and now work for the department of defense, so you're not far off with your assessment that I should be an aeronautical engineer :laugh:

Cheers,

Ralph

I just LOVE your aircraft, especially the F-14D Super Tomcat (which IMO is the greatest aircraft ever to be launched from an aircraft carrier).

If you are looking for ideas, how about a Boeing B-52 Stratofortress? :)

Theese are amazing!

Now you just need to make LDD files of them all so we can all make them! :grin:

See you again in three years time. By then I might be halfway done :wink::laugh:

WOW! How many beautiful military masterpieces! *oh2*

I love them all! :wub:

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Yes, very nice 'Ralph_S'. Your work is very impressive, so realistic!. I wish I had these to display myself. Keep up the fantastic work default_classic.gif

Thank you. Some people collect sets. I basically collect aircraft models. I've got most of them on shelves in my LEGO room, my home office and in my living room.

I just LOVE your aircraft, especially the F-14D Super Tomcat (which IMO is the greatest aircraft ever to be launched from an aircraft carrier).

If you are looking for ideas, how about a Boeing B-52 Stratofortress? :)

I completely agree. Flankers are nice, but Tomcats are nicer. It's a shame they are retired, even though I do understand the reasons for it. The B-52 has been on my wish list for at least two years now, believe it or not, and I have been buying parts for it too. I just haven't found the drive to finally start building. I can spend years planning something, but if the takes more than a week or two to build, I lose interest. :hmpf:

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

The B-52 has been on my wish list for at least two years now, believe it or not, and I have been buying parts for it too. I just haven't found the drive to finally start building. I can spend years planning something, but if the takes more than a week or two to build, I lose interest. :hmpf:

What markings do you plan to use? I still remember a Tamiya model I wanted as a kid which I think was Vietnam era, it had a very cool Pink Panther mascot :-) I'm a Tomcat fan too. Far cooler than the Australian airforce upgrading F111's for decades past their useful life :-).

What markings do you plan to use? I still remember a Tamiya model I wanted as a kid which I think was Vietnam era, it had a very cool Pink Panther mascot :-) I'm a Tomcat fan too. Far cooler than the Australian airforce upgrading F111's for decades past their useful life :-).

I'm planning to build it in dark grey, which is a fairly close match for the gunship grey that B-52s have been painted in for the last 15 years or so. The one I have mind specifically is 'Cajun Fear', a B-52H that serves with the 2nd BW from Barksdale AFB, Louisiana and that has seen service during the Kosovo war, flying missions from the UK. I like its noseart (an alligator) and it is one of the few machines that can carry the AGM-142A Have Nap missile. I'd like to have those as an option, as well as JDAMs.

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S