Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

I guess Lego is capitalizing on the Funko Pop craze with their own versions.

Way too overpriced and relatively basic. Pretty good part selection I suppose, especially prints.

Also, are we counting this as another Iron Man variant? My hall of armor is suffering. :laugh:

They're cute and all...but why would I buy these when I could buy at least 4 funko pops! for the price of just two of these..? The Funko Doctor Strange one is way cooler than this one any way to be honest.

Edited by Ultron

So are those the other two sets for Winter 2017 or are they something different?

Something different, the other 2 Marvel sets are normal sets.

Unbelievable... My god. I'm speechless!

What do the 2x4 tiles say? I see the LEGO logo but it says something else.

Edited by Robert8

Unbelievable... My god. I'm speachless!

What do the 2x4 tiles say? I see the LEGO logo but it says something else.

#LEGOSDCC

By the way this is not the last reveal, in case you were worried for some reason. :tongue:

These things are...cute?

I've updated the first posts of the 2017 threads (DC & Marvel) to reflect this new Brickheadz line with the little information I could gather on them. This will be updated as we get more info. :thumbup:

Wait, are these going to be widely available at some point? I read it as them being SDCC exclusives.

Definitely agree about the Funko point though, they seem overpriced.

Wait, are these going to be widely available at some point? I read it as them being SDCC exclusives.

Definitely agree about the Funko point though, they seem overpriced.

Multiple sources indicate these will become a full fledged retail line--to what extent is currently unknown. Exclusive wise--we also do not know if these figures will be the exact same ones being sold later on shelves in 2017.

Price is also unknown for the retail line. The $40 'current' price is presumably a SDCC exclusive markup cost.

Multiple sources indicate these will become a full fledged retail line--to what extent is currently unknown. Exclusive wise--we also do not know if these figures will be the exact same ones being sold later on shelves in 2017.

Price is also unknown for the retail line. The $40 'current' price is presumably a SDCC exclusive markup cost.

The only exclusive things will be the packaging and the #LEGOSDCC tile from what I know.

Ok, that makes sense - SDCC pricing is always at least double retail, so I could see a two-pack of these for closer to $20. If they play the collectibility factor on these correctly, they could do really well.

I definitely see the resemblance to Pops, but at least Lego isn't going to be making a billion exclusives of these to stores like Walgreens and Target. It's a good time to jump on the market for this type of "stylized" product.

I like the idea but honestly I just don't see myself buying these. Then again, I've never been a fan of most of these brick built figures. Some I like but there mostly non-human-bi-pedal ones(that's the best description I can give) like a Zelda Kerby I saw recently. Maybe I'm just used to Minifigures?

Lego is apparently trying to make their own Funko Pop figurines, and I don't like those. It's cool Lego is trying something different, but these don't feel like Lego to me. So I'm not interested.

#LEGOSDCC

By the way this is not the last reveal, in case you were worried for some reason. :tongue:

What if the last reveal is something about Guardians 2? I'm going to flip my flip if that is true.

#LEGOSDCC

He knows something!