Wow, I'm just dumb. I read Batman and thought Dr. Strange, somehow. On the DC thread. What's the emoticon to hang your head in shame?

And while we're at it, how do you tag people?

Harley Quinn's hairpiece could have just been the CMF Babysitter's but with some red and blue streaks in the ponytails... but instead we get a new hairpiece with bangs that definitely won't look good on a standard minifigure... *sigh* :hmpf_bad: 

The cafe build looks really good actually but I'm still fully within the majority that will not be buying these sets. 

I really like the Batgirl set. I'll likely be changing out the lavender pieces, but otherwise I really like it. Even the Batgirl design doesn't look too bad. I actually like the hairpiece.

The Harley Quinn set doesn't look too good. That new hairpiece is actually kind of hideous. It doesn't even look like it fits her head right... The building is okay, but a bit on the bland side.

The school is meh, kind of weird, I'll reserve final judgement for when I see the inside. The figures aren't bad, but the hairpieces are kind of awkward looking.

I will have to wait for reviews. The pictures aren't doing them justice for me. The only one I would be interested in would be Batgirl maybe. My daughter might want all of them, but she is also on an Elves kick right now, so only so much money to spend on LEGO.

Who's the other figure in the Harley set?

Anyway, the Batgirl jet is pretty cool! I like the tiny wings on her minidoll as well.

2 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Who's the other figure in the Harley set?

Steve Trevor. Weird he's not in the Wonder Woman set...

Wow, those are actually kinda really cute?? Like, I might buy the school if it's not too pricey, and that Batgirl one looks better than the actual character design from the show. The cafe is tempting if for no other reason than Steve Trevor's hair, which is a part I've wanted an extra of for ages. Why doesn't Supergirl have a cape, though?

On 9/29/2016 at 3:10 AM, Robianco said:

Except of course that from 1949 to around 1965, Kryptonite appeared in Green, Red, Blue, White, Gold, Silver and a variety of other colours and all with differing properties. They could easily be kryptonite.

The problem with that is the concept of all the different colors with all their differing effects is too complicated to be explained through the back of the box, y'know? If the show made a really really big deal about it, maybe that would work, but so far they haven't. 

I honestly have no interest in getting the superhero girls set besides hair pieces and a few other pieces. I can probably just get them on bricks and pieces when the sets come out. The main reason i don't want these is the use of mini dolls, but I can't change that.

I was actually liking Harley's hair in the preliminary images more than the current one. I don't think I'm even going to be trying for any pieces out of these sets; total pass for me. Lego cut off any desire  for me by making them minidoll sets.

Lego just keeps getting better and better. My daughter has recently been intrigued by the DC supergirls line of action figures. I can easily see her wanting these sets as well.

11 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Wow, those are actually kinda really cute?? Like, I might buy the school if it's not too pricey, and that Batgirl one looks better than the actual character design from the show. The cafe is tempting if for no other reason than Steve Trevor's hair, which is a part I've wanted an extra of for ages. Why doesn't Supergirl have a cape, though?

The problem with that is the concept of all the different colors with all their differing effects is too complicated to be explained through the back of the box, y'know? If the show made a really really big deal about it, maybe that would work, but so far they haven't. 

True... but it's at least possible. With the range of media they'll be covering it's not something that would take much to introduce... especially if it's working with a 'Luthor,.

Ehhhh, not too crazy about these new figures. It's weird that some of them have prints that reach farther than minifig prints (especially near the feet). I might be Bricklinking Harley's hair but that's about it. The set designs look decent, though.

It will be interesting to see how Batgirl/Harley's hair will be on a minifigure with that bang in the middle. It might cover more print since there is less forehead on a minifigure head. Either way, they look decent. I could see my daughter wanting them, but at the same time I could see her passing. She likes the variety in dress skirts for the minifigure, so who knows.

2 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Not quite sure where DC got this picture but here's the minifigures 

I love these figures! The printing looks great, with lots of detail, and really captures the essence of the characters from the show. Not crazy about some of the set designs, but the Bat-Jet looks pretty neat. Can't wait to see a high-res image of the Wonder Woman fig. I still with the minidolls' wrists would rotate, or their legs could move independently, but within the limitations of the minidolls, these looks pretty great.

Its funny how all the comments on twitter are from people who are not the target audience and some sound like they don't even know friends and elves exsist

I really like these mini-dolls. They're fun and different and something spice up my DC minifig wall. I've gotten all the other DC minifigs up until now and I don't see any reason to stop now. I think it's a fun take on the characters and in all honesty I don't think traditional minifigs would represent the show's characters very accurately. I may or may not get the actual sets (depends on if my daughter wants them) but I will definitely be getting all the mini-dolls from bricklink.

I've never understood why the mini-doll sets (friends, elves, etc) have so few mini-dolls per piece count, though. Are they really that much more expensive to manufacture than minifigs? In the case of Super Hero Girls, the whole high school has only 3 mini-dolls? My only concern is what the price of the mini-dolls will be on bricklink. A quick example: the friend's set "Liv's PopStar House" costs $50 (US) but you can get the two mini-dolls that come with it for only $2-3 each. If these super hero girls are the same, it'll be REALLY nice for me, but they will no doubt be much more expensive. That said, because there are so few in each set, unless they go for $20 each, it will be much more cost-effective to just bricklink these.