75173 - Luke's Landspeeder 4 figs 149pcs €30

75168 - Yoda's Starfighter 2 figs 262pcs €35

75169 - Dual on Naboo 3 figs 208pcs €35

75174 - Desert Skiff 4 figs 277pcs €45

75170 - The Phantom 3 figs 269pcs €45

75175 - A-Wing 3 figs 358pcs €55

75171- Battle on Scarif 4 figs 419pcs €70

75172 - Y-Wing 5 figs 691pcs €80

So everything except the Y-wing is redonkulously priced this wave. I don't even know where to start with the complaints. Not sure if I've ever seen anything overpriced this badly here, aside from that €140 Ahsoka fig that came with a baguette. 

I suppose I'll just have to wait until the rest goes on sale/clearance, oh wait that never happens here... 

Hehe, my prices are worse.

Imperial Battle pack 4 figs 111 pieces $25

Rebel battle pack 4 figs 120 pieces $25

Luke's landspeeder 4 figs 149 pieces $50

Duel on Naboo 3 figs 208 pieces $50

Yoda's Jedi Starfighter 2 figs 262 pieces $50

Desert Skiff 4 figs 277 pieces $70

The Phantom II 3 figs 269 pieces $70

A-wing 3 figs 358 pieces $90

Battle on Scarif 4 figs 419 pieces $110

Y-wing 5 figs 691 pieces $130

Go figure.

Edited by VaderFan2187

Prices around Europe may vary wildly, Germany tends to get the better deals for example. 

I extrapolated what the sets will cost in CAN if any fellow Canucks tribesmen stumble upon this, of course without taxes.

75165 - Imperial Battle Pack 4 figs 111pcs 16$ CAN

75164 - Rebel Battle Pack 4 figs 120pcs 16$ CAN

75173 - Luke's Landspeeder 4 figs 149pcs 35$ CAN

75168 - Yoda's Starfighter 2 figs 262pcs 40$ CAN

75169 - Dual on Naboo 3 figs 208pcs 40$ CAN

75174 - Desert Skiff 4 figs 277pcs 50$ CAN

75170 - The Phantom 3 figs 269pcs 50$ CAN

75175 - A-Wing 3 figs 358pcs 60$ CAN ( pukes in a corner )

75171- Battle on Scarif 4 figs 419pcs 75$ CAN

75172 - Y-Wing 5 figs 691pcs 90$ CAN

The best values are obviously the Y-Wing and the Battlepacks, which I will get day one ( which mean march :thumbdown: , because North America  )

Overall I notice a SOLID 10$ increase from last year's winter wave equivalent sets, Obi Wan's Jedi starfighter being roughly the same size of Yoda's ship, yet is 10$ cheaper?, Luke's landspeeder is 35$ for barely including more pieces than a battlepack???

I'm really glad the decided to release another A-wing , Skiff with Sarlacc and Thrawn is finally in a lego set put jesus christ those prices are TFA bad. 

On 04/01/2017 at 6:30 PM, RetroInferno said:

Prices around Europe may vary wildly, Germany tends to get the better deals for example. 

I extrapolated what the sets will cost in CAN if any fellow Canucks tribesmen stumble upon this, of course without taxes.

75165 - Imperial Battle Pack 4 figs 111pcs 16$ CAN

75164 - Rebel Battle Pack 4 figs 120pcs 16$ CAN

75173 - Luke's Landspeeder 4 figs 149pcs 35$ CAN

75168 - Yoda's Starfighter 2 figs 262pcs 40$ CAN

75169 - Dual on Naboo 3 figs 208pcs 40$ CAN

75174 - Desert Skiff 4 figs 277pcs 50$ CAN

75170 - The Phantom 3 figs 269pcs 50$ CAN

75175 - A-Wing 3 figs 358pcs 60$ CAN ( pukes in a corner )

75171- Battle on Scarif 4 figs 419pcs 75$ CAN

75172 - Y-Wing 5 figs 691pcs 90$ CAN

The best values are obviously the Y-Wing and the Battlepacks, which I will get day one ( which mean march :thumbdown: , because North America  )

Overall I notice a SOLID 10$ increase from last year's winter wave equivalent sets, Obi Wan's Jedi starfighter being roughly the same size of Yoda's ship, yet is 10$ cheaper?, Luke's landspeeder is 35$ for barely including more pieces than a battlepack???

I'm really glad the decided to release another A-wing , Skiff with Sarlacc and Thrawn is finally in a lego set put jesus christ those prices are TFA bad. 

Haha, compare to my prices :wink:

They are Holiday Special-bad.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=S3a5j8PgQxg 

Edited by VaderFan2187
EDIT: broken link, see my next comment

15 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Hehe, my prices are worse.

What currency is that in? For reference US dollars are currently worth 1,04 euros.  Also what is that video, the link doesn't work.

Edited by khatmorg

I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but the price of several SW sets has been increased on the UK Shop at Home website recently :hmpf_bad:

I can't recall seeing this strategy being adopted previously, so I'm slightly disappointed to say the least.  For example the (already ridiculously overpriced) Death Star and Insult on Hoth have both increased by £10 each; with the Slave 1 & TIE Fighter also following suit.  I guess that TLG feels that it's profit margins aren't quite high enough.... this isn't a good day to be a fan.  Hopefully they'll have a re-think if shoppers vote with their wallets; I'll just have to focus my spending at other stores which are offering decent deals from now onwards.

45 minutes ago, khatmorg said:

What currency is that in? For reference US dollars are currently worth 1,04 euros.  Also what is that video, the link doesn't work.

NZ currency.

The link is

15 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Indeed - in Germany battle packs are down to 14,99 again, and much of the new wave is also very acceptable (30 for Yoda's Starfighter, the Landspeeder, or Duel on Naboo, 70 for the Y-Wing).

Battle on Scarif (60) confirms that location sets are almost always overpriced - at least last year's Takodana had good exclusive minifigures with Kylo, Fin and Maz plus two troopers. Scarif seems like a good deal for 40, maybe.

The Phantom II and the A-Wing just continue the trend of popular exclusive characters adding 10-20 to the price.

4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Battle on Scarif (60) confirms that location sets are almost always overpriced - at least last year's Takodana had good exclusive minifigures with Kylo, Fin and Maz plus two troopers. Scarif seems like a good deal for 40, maybe.

Oh come on. Why does everyone hate Scarif. It's like the new Battle on Takodana, except this time you actually get one large flat base AND a door (instead of 'a door and a wall'). The price seemed pretty obvious to me.

Takodana has a shittier build but at least the figs were nice.

So much pieces were wasted on the Scariff set: the door mechanism, the under platform storage section and the exploding floor platforms, Jang covered all of it, except we was wrong on the pricing, it'a 60 US$.

Mini-figs wise the two shore troopers are awesome, but only 4 figs? I'm gonna wait for the inevitable 20% from amazon on this one.

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Oh come on. Why does everyone hate Scarif. It's like the new Battle on Takodana, except this time you actually get one large flat base AND a door (instead of 'a door and a wall'). The price seemed pretty obvious to me.

I don't hate the set! It's quite good really, just overpriced. Takodana had a figure more, and the figures were way more exclusive - sure, the Shoretroopers are amazing, but you get Jyn AND Cassian in the U-Wing while Kylo and Finn were only available in sets totalling $270 before Takodana.

They should have added just one more figure to Scarif - a random Stormtrooper, K2SO, just something to spice things up for the price.

3 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

NZ currency.

The link is

-snip-

Are you trying to make enemies here? :grin:

I was randomly browsing good topic to read and then --- the Holiday Special! :tongue:

2 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Takodana has a shittier build but at least the figs were nice.

So much pieces were wasted on the Scariff set: the door mechanism, the under platform storage section and the exploding floor platforms, Jang covered all of it, except we was wrong on the pricing, it'a 60 US$.

Mini-figs wise the two shore troopers are awesome, but only 4 figs? I'm gonna wait for the inevitable 20% from amazon on this one.

Totally agree with the sentiments here but for me, the reason why I don't like the Scariff set apart from the price is its inaccuracy from what it is supposed to be capturing from the movie. The scenario didn't happen. I wish they had the Cargo ship instead of this.

Edited by makoy

Well, the scenario depicted did not occured but the structure itself is quite accurate ( death star plan and orange crate excluded ).

The cargo ship was too big to happen for the winter wave though, and sadly no RO sets for this summer ( Yay, Freemakers! )

Edited by RetroInferno

1 hour ago, makoy said:

Are you trying to make enemies here? :grin:

I was randomly browsing good topic to read and then --- the Holiday Special! :tongue:

Haha, it's the best episode ever :devil:

13 hours ago, Lobot said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but the price of several SW sets has been increased on the UK Shop at Home website recently :hmpf_bad:

I can't recall seeing this strategy being adopted previously, so I'm slightly disappointed to say the least.  For example the (already ridiculously overpriced) Death Star and Insult on Hoth have both increased by £10 each; with the Slave 1 & TIE Fighter also following suit.  I guess that TLG feels that it's profit margins aren't quite high enough.... this isn't a good day to be a fan.  Hopefully they'll have a re-think if shoppers vote with their wallets; I'll just have to focus my spending at other stores which are offering decent deals from now onwards.

It's all due to Brexit apparently http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/lego-raise-prices-post-brexit-pound-value-drop-toy-company-danish-a7473686.html.

The reasons for buying anything direct from LEGO get fewer every year, especially with the massive discounts we've been getting elsewhere.

Alright, I need to go on a rant about the idea that prices in Australia arent that bad. The first thing I need to say is, GTFO with that "people have it worse so you cant complain" BS. With that out of the way,

More and more often, its actually cheaper to buy sets on ebay from the US and ship them to Australia. Its always been close, but its just rediculous that its actually crossed that line. How can private shipping be cheaper than a major company!? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!? The shipping costs from the US to Australia are insane, and yet somehow its now less than the "F you for living on a sparsely populated land mass" tax. This should never be the case. Its so bad that Lego* has to ban Amazon from shipping Lego to Australia, in stead of, you know, having a long hard look at why we'd even want to do that. How that became a better option than buying locally. And maybe doing something not blatantly anti-consumer about it.

*(allegedly. I cant find a good source, but a lot of people talk about it like there was one at some point. It certainly is true that Amazon wont ship lego to Australia, but whether or not that's actually TLG's doing is unclear)

Edited by Magmafrost

@Magmafrost Yeah, I echo most of what you said, except my prices are even worse. And *cough*… my currency is almost equal with yours. Also, my prices are normally 2x those of the US prices.

And imagine how upset I was when Amazon stopped shipping LEGO to my country.

Hovertank: $30 US Reviews: "Very good value!" Me: $70 Me: "Ugh."

AT-ST: $40 US Reviews: "Awesome value!" Me: $100 Me: "Really bad value."

The only time I actually got a set less than 2x the US price is with this year's The Phantom II. It costs $40 US, while it's $70 for me. However, that price is still really stupid.

I believe the micro fighters subject has not been touched yet:

Am I the only one having a beef with their pricing and their concept in general? A lot of small pieces, a single fig and a 10 USD price tag? For 3$ more you can buy a starter or battle pack with 3 more mini-figs, albeit shittier builds. And I especially like how they ended up using the same pilot mini-fig for both the u-wing and y-wing, which are not cheap by any means, yet they have two different ones for the micros, looks like some proper marketing techniques. I'll propably end up bricklinking them.  

19 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

I believe the micro fighters subject has not been touched yet:

Am I the only one having a beef with their pricing and their concept in general? A lot of small pieces, a single fig and a 10 USD price tag? For 3$ more you can buy a starter or battle pack with 3 more mini-figs, albeit shittier builds. And I especially like how they ended up using the same pilot mini-fig for both the u-wing and y-wing, which are not cheap by any means, yet they have two different ones for the micros, looks like some proper marketing techniques. I'll propably end up bricklinking them.  

Shittier builds? Not always. This year's Rebel Battle Pack had exceptional builds. However I must say I like the Y-wing microfighter. U-wing and Krennic Shuttle micros are bad for the price.

Microfighters to me are only good at doing one thing. They lower the cost 9f the minifigure on third party sites such as Bricklink considerably at least here in the States.

17 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

@Magmafrost *snipped for length*

I totally hear both of you on this. Living in Japan certainly the prices here are totally insane also. 45 USD for Kanan's Speeder Bike? 110 USD for TIE Advanced Vs. A-Wing? Grr. What gets the most though is the inconsistency. A city set, if I wait 3 months, will drop in price several USD worth making my money get me quite a bit of LEGO. Same goes for NEXO. But Star Wars? The pricing alone has prevented me on getting so many sets. Why are they priced so differently? I could accept 5 maybe 10 USD equivalent overpriced. But nearly double? I too get irked by this. 

For some sets I just bite the bullet since local distribution is still much much faster than having stuff shipped from overseas and smaller risk of problems during shipping. But still it can be very aggravating when I go to the shop or Amazon Japan and note that for the money I can get nearly 3x as much LEGO in City sets than Star Wars. How can product from the same company be priced so wildly differently if it is all being imported anyway? 

36 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Microfighters to me are only good at doing one thing. They lower the cost 9f the minifigure on third party sites such as Bricklink considerably at least here in the States.

Or - hear me out - there might be kids out there who like playing with them. I know the idea of children buying Lego and playing with it seems very strange, but consider it. :wink:

Micros are generally on the expensive side, but considering that they're not marketed at AFOLS, they can be useful. Figures like the Imperial Officers and the X-Wing/U-Wing pilots with their exclusive helmets wouldn't exist or would be much rarer otherwise.

If you think your SW prices are bad, you haven't seen Russian prices! For example 13$ Battlepacks cost 16$ in local currency, 20$ Duel on Naboo costs 33$ instead of 20$, Hovertank costs ridiculous 58$ instead of 30$, At-St 66$ instead of 40$, Resistance X-wing is 133$ instead of 80$ in Us . And of course 75159 Death Star is 716$ instead of 500$! And that's just a few examples, and to make matters worse we don't even get some store exclusive sets like new Luke's Landspeeder and new A-Wing with Lando! I used to buy some sets from amazon.uk and more expensive sets 50$ and  were way cheaper even with the most expensive shipping option , but now Lego doesn't allow amazon to sell sets to other countries so I'm stuck with those ridiculous prices. 

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Or - hear me out - there might be kids out there who like playing with them. I know the idea of children buying Lego and playing with it seems very strange, but consider it. :wink:

Ha, ha. :wink:

3 hours ago, Japanbuilder said:

But nearly double? I too get irked by this. 

Exactly! It's usually double where I live (and my currency isn't much weaker than US)

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

And of course 75159 Death Star is 716$ instead of 500$! 

75159 is $899 where I live :angry:

20 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Ha, ha. :wink:

Exactly! It's usually double where I live (and my currency isn't much weaker than US)

75159 is $899 where I live :angry:

$899! What country do you live in?! It equates to $499 Dollars where I live. :grin: