Joaquim Seramon Fontonajo had brought some ores from Berreli. Impulsive as he is he had immediately bought a claim where he thought there were some great

minerals - only to find out that his ores were worthless. Román decided to set a Stone Quarry in the area and make it part of the Fontonajo Mining Ventures.

The Quarry is located a few miles outside of Elysabethtown.

26971317613_e50703e549_b.jpg

This MOC was built from 99 pieces. This includes the baseplate and all equipment, even the bull's horns. However I counted minfigs (trousers, body, arms, hands,

head, hair) as 1. I had wanted to give building with large prebuilt blocks and few bricks a try, and I think it turned out quite ok. Maybe some of you will also go for

a 99-pieces-MOC?

Edited by Elostirion

I love the fact that you've invested only 99 pieces for a mine that merits it. :pir-laugh:

Great piece usage to keep your piece count low. :thumbup:

Good job using limited pieces! The baseplate seems to fit perfectly. Great quarry!

Even withouth counting bricks, this would have been nice. With only 99 bricks, this is awesome!

Nice little quarry !

The idea of limited pieces is a great !

Good job on that quarry ! With only 99 pieces it's hard to create a good MOC. Maybe I will try.

A great challenge to build with large simplistic pieces, and it really worked well! The incomplete attachments for the stone blocks are really good too! :thumbup:

99 pieces indeed give this a classic look. I'm always surprised when seeing the low piece counts of old pirate/castle sets that felt so big in my childhood. I'm no fan of BURPs, but in this build they really fit well with all this nostalgia going on.

I like that you used the old space baseplate! The build turned out really well for having such a low piece count. You did pull it off. Great job on the quarry.

Neat concept. That baseplate is perfect for this, and I'm really impressed that you could build such a good representation of a mine with only 99 pieces. It looks great.