VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Sure. According to this website if we account for inflation Maxilos and Spinax has raised a meager $4.53 cents. So, if you want, cut out Spinax and then compare Maxilos by himself to Grinder and Ekimu. That's being pretty generous too, seeing as Spinax is worth a canister set. I forgot that Umarak is going to be only $20 though, so my hopes for him are much smaller now.

Ha, yeah I used a similar site immediately after posting my previous comment and that's what I got. I still appreciate MMvsSG though. And Umarak will have to have a fairly weak "hound" build-wise to warrant Umarak him/herself to be equal to a 14.99 set.

Ha, yeah I used a similar site immediately after posting my previous comment and that's what I got. I still appreciate MMvsSG though.

Indeed, it works very well on its own and has far more "play value" than Maxilos and Spinax do.

And Umarak will have to have a fairly weak "hound" build-wise to warrant Umarak him/herself to be equal to a 14.99 set.

Maybe it's an enslaved Bingzak instead of a creature?

I don't.

Thats very contributing to this topic.

Trying to picture a spider with a mouth gatling gun and it sounds ridiculous.

I love it.

If we do get this then will probably combine with LoSS - as would be nice to replicate his venom/web shooting

Edited by Scarilian

Ha, yeah I used a similar site immediately after posting my previous comment and that's what I got. I still appreciate MMvsSG though. And Umarak will have to have a fairly weak "hound" build-wise to warrant Umarak him/herself to be equal to a 14.99 set.

Don't forget how lovely the hannah crab was in 2007 :wink:

I don't.

Show'em, DeeVee.

EDIT: better video for tehlulz.

What he showed me wasn't entertaining.

In the future, if there is a post you feel is off topic, don't make a post solely to reply to it.

Hey guys...

if these rumours are true, what's to say that there will be no newer versions of the Toa masks? What if you can buy a toa, but if you need the newer mask, you have to buy one of those matching creatures, which would have their own mask, as well as a new combination design that the toa would put on (an extra mask in the set) kind of like the golden masks of wave one? That way, you almost certainly would have to buy both.

Hey guys...

if these rumours are true, what's to say that there will be no newer versions of the Toa masks? What if you can buy a toa, but if you need the newer mask, you have to buy one of those matching creatures, which would have their own mask, as well as a new combination design that the toa would put on (an extra mask in the set) kind of like the golden masks of wave one? That way, you almost certainly would have to buy both.

That's pretty weak, given that 2015 was cool enough to include both the element coloured masks and gold masks with each Toa, specifically so you got the "full package" without needing the Protectors.

That's pretty weak, given that 2015 was cool enough to include both the element coloured masks and gold masks with each Toa, specifically so you got the "full package" without needing the Protectors.

That may be, but if you think about it, that was the debut for Bionicle. The skull villains did not come with the "full package", except for Kulta vs Ekimu, which I'm not counting. The fact that the new toa would be 'uniters' heavily suggests that getting both sets might be more beneficial for you. I don't think that would take away from being ok with buying just one toa and ignoring the creatures or vice versa, because the newer toa will be improved builds I suppose.

I'm looking forward to Pohatu...he's my favourite of the toa, I love his colour scheme, and I really am looking forward to seeing what else they do with his build. Also will keep a close eye on Tahu, Lewa. I feel like Tahu could look really cool if he had trans-orange bones, kind of like Jaller from the Inika in 2006. We'll see.

Black and trans green? :wub: It reminds me of Umbra, in a good way! Let's hope the humanoid sets and Toa come with newer functions than just swinging arms.

Hmm... having a second thought on that purple eystalk what if it's actually pink? We have already seen that they don't catch that much of light because the masks cover them more and that trans-purple is almost indistinguishable from black in bad lighting.

The problem with pink eyes on a Fire themed set is that it's close enough to red that it blends in, I would rather have eyestalks in colors that stand out (which is why I am glad they gave Tahu and Narmoto blue eyes this year). I've expressed the same thing before with Trans-Purple- that it usually does not show up bright enough to distinguish it from black, especially when it has parts covering it and little light entering. That's an issue with Onua's thighs that I had this year and why I expressed that it would work better as a shell color, where its dark shade would help it work alongside black shells.

That may be, but if you think about it, that was the debut for Bionicle. The skull villains did not come with the "full package", except for Kulta vs Ekimu, which I'm not counting. The fact that the new toa would be 'uniters' heavily suggests that getting both sets might be more beneficial for you. I don't think that would take away from being ok with buying just one toa and ignoring the creatures or vice versa, because the newer toa will be improved builds I suppose.

I'm looking forward to Pohatu...he's my favourite of the toa, I love his colour scheme, and I really am looking forward to seeing what else they do with his build. Also will keep a close eye on Tahu, Lewa. I feel like Tahu could look really cool if he had trans-orange bones, kind of like Jaller from the Inika in 2006. We'll see.

Oh man, thanks for reminding me that we still need to see the 5L and 7L bones in Trans-Neon-Orange. I think they are the last Chima-exclusive recolor left. Also excited to see how Pohatu turns out; hopefully there will be even more parts recolored into Dark Orange, and the info mentioned that he will be a bit bigger than before as well.

f these rumours are true, what's to say that there will be no newer versions of the Toa masks? What if you can buy a toa, but if you need the newer mask, you have to buy one of those matching creatures, which would have their own mask, as well as a new combination design that the toa would put on (an extra mask in the set) kind of like the golden masks of wave one? That way, you almost certainly would have to buy both.

If they do combine as many speculated then a combo mask would be something cool to introduce. I'm still unsure about how they plan to fix the idea of each set having atleast 2 masks (Counting the skull spiders) Will they even attempt to try and give us more than one mask with the sets or will they instead have only one mask, but put more effort into that design/colours/whatever

Black and trans green? :wub: It reminds me of Umbra, in a good way! Let's hope the humanoid sets and Toa come with newer functions than just swinging arms.

I'd guess 2016 sets will experiment a bit more with the idea of varying functions - probably we'll get one hero or villain set with a mechanism different to the normal gearbox (Similar to how Basher had a different mechanism) They'll probably also introduce another function - probably in the form of some new type of launcher - maybe a smaller stud launchr that is used for Tahu's bow?

If they do combine as many speculated then a combo mask would be something cool to introduce. I'm still unsure about how they plan to fix the idea of each set having atleast 2 masks (Counting the skull spiders) Will they even attempt to try and give us more than one mask with the sets or will they instead have only one mask, but put more effort into that design/colours/whatever

I'd guess 2016 sets will experiment a bit more with the idea of varying functions - probably we'll get one hero or villain set with a mechanism different to the normal gearbox (Similar to how Basher had a different mechanism) They'll probably also introduce another function - probably in the form of some new type of launcher - maybe a smaller stud launchr that is used for Tahu's bow?

Pretty confident that bow (if real) is the same spring launcher.

There's a possibility that the bow could be built around the same piece the Stormtrooper's blaster is. It looks generic enough that it could fit in with Bionicle, which I imagine is the intent.

I'd be fine with that to be honest, its a good piece and if it was included with a set similar to the Storm Trooper then it could be fitted into the set nicely - perhaps even the beginning of Gen 2 Bionicle getting a mixture of CCBS and normal Lego pieces - similar to how some of the Star Wars CCBS sets have normal Lego pieces to cover the back of the legs or to attach the blaster.

If they do combine as many speculated then a combo mask would be something cool to introduce.

You mean like those rumors/wishful thinking of a half-mask that would combine with the Vahi to get a full mask? I'd like to see something like that (for G2 masks, of course; let's not start the discussion again).

There's a possibility that the bow could be built around the same piece the Stormtrooper's blaster is. It looks generic enough that it could fit in with Bionicle, which I imagine is the intent.

I'd be fine with that to be honest, its a good piece and if it was included with a set similar to the Storm Trooper then it could be fitted into the set nicely - perhaps even the beginning of Gen 2 Bionicle getting a mixture of CCBS and normal Lego pieces - similar to how some of the Star Wars CCBS sets have normal Lego pieces to cover the back of the legs or to attach the blaster.

Maybe all Toa have the Storm Trooper launcher as a secondary weapon now, like in G1 post-2005?

So, if the rumors are true, the Fire Creature is a snake made of fire. I wonder if any of the designers knows Brazillian folklore...

And if we're getting elemental add-ons and armor.

SHOCKING NEWS, GUYS: the "leak" from yesterday was fake.

The user who posted it on our message boards managed to extract the truth from his friend, and shared it with the community promptly.

I can't exactly say I'm surprised. That being said, now we're back to square one as far as discussion goes. Anybody want to take bets on Umarak's secondary color? XD

Edited by Mesonak

The user who posted it on our message boards managed to extract the truth from his friend, and shared it with the community promptly.

I can't exactly say I'm surprised. That being said, now we're back to square one as far as discussion goes. Anybody want to take bets on Umarak's secondary color? XD

That's good. Now it's my turn to make a leak.

Back to square one.. :hmpf_bad:

While it's a shame, at least it did pique interest and provide a bit more discussion. Looking forward to what info we do get that is legitimate.

Considering the impossibility of fitting an articulated spider and all its legs into a $10 set, much less one with two functions, we kinda should have known. I have been able to figure out a way to fit both a spider and a scorpion into a $15 pricepoint. You need three-way connectors and hands to make up the body. This build should allow someone to fit the spider described in the fake leak into a set with all eight legs, but would have to sacrifice any function and a set of legs when making the scorpion to allow for its chelicerae and tail.

Considering the impossibility of fitting an articulated spider and all its legs into a $10 set, much less one with two functions, we kinda should have known. I have been able to figure out a way to fit both a spider and a scorpion into a $15 pricepoint. You need three-way connectors and hands to make up the body. This build should allow someone to fit the spider described in the fake leak into a set with all eight legs, but would have to sacrifice any function and a set of legs when making the scorpion to allow for its chelicerae and tail.

Honestly, while there are issues with the $10 price point and considering what will be possible, I think that they can fit a lot in if they get creative. Wizwuz is a spiderlike creature, and he's a $5 Mixel; I know that's comparing peanuts to kumquats, but they don't need to spend a ton of parts to at least get the arachnid impression across.

Kids trying to be ebin trolls probably

Back to square one.. :hmpf_bad:

Indeed :hmpf_bad:

Getting difficult to trust word-of-mouth from people these days, feel i may just wait on the leaked images now and avoid reporting anything else regardless of what information is provided to support it.

As Meso stated he's been a long-time fan of TTV and he trusts he wouldn't intentionally spread lies in the community. So just an unfortunate case where a friend was believed by someone trustworthy who decided to share it. Can understand its a friend joking with another friend, but its unfortunate that it means we go back to having nothing to speculate about or discuss other than Twistlaw's information about the colour of Umurak.

Anybody want to take bets on Umarak's secondary color? XD

Anything other than trans-orange would be good with me. Preferably a dark-red as i need more dark-red CCBS pieces for MOC'ing.

Could even be Umurak is a vessel for Makuta - so could turn out to be trans-purple CCBS bones and black armour

====

Worth noting, given its now stated as fake is that chances are set's have'nt leaked on the russian site yet, meaning they could do at some stage.

Edited by Scarilian