VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

any info as to where?

I added a link in my original post to the picture(not mine) but looks like some lego store in a mall perhaps.

Edit: Credit goes to The Night's King on bzpower for finding it in at the legoland discovery center in Atlanta. I use reddit, initially didn't see the additional link to the information in the post, sorry.

Edit 2: Ninja'd.

Edited by MakutaOfWar

I'm not sure why people keep putting Uxar's feet on Lewa's shoulders, they are supposed to fold down to become a fourth set of wings

I'm not sure why people keep putting Uxar's feet on Lewa's shoulders, they are supposed to fold down to become a fourth set of wings

Haha, I was actually going to make note of that. I took the pictures first, and then when I double checked, noticed that they were hanging down. I personally like him with the feet up; makes the creature seem more integrated, and less of an accessory.

Uxar looks great! It's a pity his wings aren't on balljoints like Ikir's are, though. That be the cause of its obstruction with Umarak's shoulders.

Would someone be willing to make pictures of Gali or Lewa combined with their creatures, but using the silver-edged mask?

So, now there are three sets left to be reviewed: Tahu, Pohatu and Ikir. Pretty hyped for all three of them.

(Between BZP, EB and BS01 of course)

I love Uxar. Just a really cool small animal figure. A definite buy- I might even get two, either to make a bigger one or use the pieces in other ways.

And I really like that Pohatu preview VBBN shared. The dark tan is just really cool and the silver printing flows perfectly with the rest of his silver parts, as if it was part of his armour. He just needs more dark orange.

So, now there are three sets left to be reviewed: Tahu, Pohatu and Ikir. Pretty hyped for all three of them.

(Between BZP, EB and BS01 of course)

I'm pretty sure over the next few days you're going to see all of them ;)

So this has appeared on Brickset: http://brickset.com/.../Accessory-pack

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw it mentioned a couple of pages back.

Thanks for reminding me!

Yeah, I really like this Polybag. That's a nice cloth piece. Seems to be a shoulder cape, though it's poorly executed on Tahu. I'm sure it'll look good on smaller figures like Ekimu.

And the Mask of Creation is a... Weird inclusion. Never would've thought a mask of such importance would appear in a polybag.

Regardless, I want this. And a bunch more.

Sets have been spotted at a TRU in Canada, around the Highway 7/Markham area. Thanks Hydraxilos!

a507b6341255cdcdaf5f09089e6e162c7c922104.JPG

Edited by Dr_Chronos

Oh yeah, I got BS01's Tahu and Ikir reviews up! I liked Tahu better than I thought I would. He's crazy, but in a fun way. And Ikir is the best.

Would someone be willing to make pictures of Gali or Lewa combined with their creatures, but using the silver-edged mask?

Haven't gotten to Gali yet, but here's Lewa

Sets have been spotted at a TRU in Canada, around the Highway 7/Markham area. Thanks Hydraxilos!

(picture snip)

Congrats dude! Guess I will be checking my TRU this weekend for sure. There where rumors of them being released (alongside Nexo Knights) on the 20th which I was planning to check anyway.

Wow, Tahu looks amazing with Ikir combined. Standalone, however, I have a few gripes. One being the massive amount of gold and trans orange, the other being the upper/lower leg size ratio. His thighbone is way too long, I might swap the foot friction joint and place it near his knee instead.

a507b6341255cdcdaf5f09089e6e162c7c922104.JPG

OH this is fantastic news! Hopefully I'll be seeing the sets here in Ottawa..... :D

Oh yeah, I got BS01's Tahu and Ikir reviews up! I liked Tahu better than I thought I would. He's crazy, but in a fun way. And Ikir is the best.

Thanks! I knew Lewa would look more coherent with his silver-edged mask on.

I actually had a question here; the beast talons/spikes/whatever on Uxar, are they grey or silver ? From some of your pictures they actually look quite grey, so I'm slightly confused :tongue:

-Iben

I actually had a question here; the beast talons/spikes/whatever on Uxar, are they grey or silver ? From some of your pictures they actually look quite grey, so I'm slightly confused :tongue:

-Iben

Grey! It was an interesting choice, but I like it better for it. Lewa already had a problem with too much silver.

Grey! It was an interesting choice, but I like it better for it. Lewa already had a problem with too much silver.

Damn ! I needed silver ones for one of my mocs :D But grey ones are nice too, I'm sure I'll find some use for them.

Thanks anyway !

-Iben

I must be the only one looking forward to Pohatu. The weapon redeems him and looks to be less of a pain compared to the boomerangs, he has more brown tones and feels a bit more interesting than 15 which felt a bit bland.

Of course he has his problems, those trans-neon green shells are eye-searing and the lack of dark orange is puzzling. Also of note are those interesting, if not monstrously impractical upper arms. I'd rather just mod it to do what Gali did with her shoulders and upper arms, just borrow some PoS shells.