Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

15 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

It has the same price here as the Phantom 2 so it's probably the same price as that one in dollars.  

Eww that sucks, I'm not paying $70 for that.

Alright, that's it, I've gotten the images now and any more should show up in my Instagram feed. Gonna go into a self-imposed hiatus until September 2nd, hopefully I'll skip all the whining and be able to enjoy my purchasing without the cancerous comments. 

I eagerly await the Winter Wave only for the EXACT. SAME. DISCUSSION. ALL. OVER. AGAIN.

Seriously I might as well just copy the "these sets aren't that great/underwhelming/disappointing/might just BL the figures/Ew this is soooo overpriced/LEGO is going downhill/Why does LEGO hate us/Why is this so important/The end is near" response and post it the second those images come out...

Edited by Stash2Sixx
You're not wrong...which is why I love to see everyone's comments in the news thread...thus 2 threads for 2018.

Kylo's TIE looks phenomenal. A nice departure from the regular TIE design we've been getting. Do we know how much it costs in SGD?

Just now, Mymaker123 said:

Alright, that's it, I've gotten the images now and any more should show up in my Instagram feed. Gonna go into a self-imposed hiatus until September 2nd, hopefully I'll skip all the whining and be able to enjoy my purchasing without the cancerous comments. 

I eagerly await the Winter Wave only for the EXACT. SAME. DISCUSSION. ALL. OVER. AGAIN.

Seriously I might as well just copy the "these sets aren't that great/underwhelming/disappointing/might just BL the figures/LEGO is going downhill/Why does LEGO hate us/Why is this so important/The end is near" response and post it the second those images come out...

I don't know why you're expecting so much from a Danish plastic brick building forum.

This wave seems like they played it really safe in order to probably milk this wave. They knew they had to include the basics Finn BB-8 Po and Rey and Kylo. They probably decided on what would get them the most money in the long term

Just now, doclord said:

I don't know why you're expecting so much from a Danish plastic brick building forum.

Touché. As I've said previously we are indeed trapped in the "Mundane As F**k Zone".

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

This wave seems like they played it really safe in order to probably milk this wave. They knew they had to include the basics Finn BB-8 Po and Rey and Kylo. They probably decided on what would get them the most money in the long term

We never landed on the moon either.

Well, the TIE fighter and Resistance Bomber are my definite day one purchases. Very solid builds and great minifigures. For TFA, I only bought the X-Wing and Rey's Speeder, but bought many more after seeing the movie, so that will likely happen again.

I have to see the Heavy Scout Walker in a video review ... I'm both intrigued and perturbed by the design. Kinda looks like it's on wheels...

Looking at what Delta Customs shared on Instagram, I think the Tie-Fighter and the Resistance Bomber are my favorites. Especially the Bomber since it has that ungainly OT look I like. The two walkers are odd... The gorilla face is cool on the big one, but really Rey exclusive to the largest set? :tongue: Finalizer is okay, but it looks kind of squat. I know the FO Star Destroyer looks squat in the films to, but the Lego-ness of it seems to make it even worse (can't believe I just said that...). I still kind of like it, but it is probably out of my budget especially since the Falcon from 2015 is still on shelves for a similar price and far more interesting set (not to mention the Saturn V set I still want to get also grabbing my attention...).  BB-8 UCS is cool looking, but not really my cup of tea unless I get it to display with Wall-E (and even then Wall-E probably has far more play features than BB here can muster). That scout walker is very strange. Need to see a photo of its legs extended before I make a final judgment. That Resistance Transport pod is okay, I will probably get it because it will be affordable at least. I don't mind the CCBS figures, but not attracted to any one in particular either.

In a way looking at the winter waves for the three new Star Wars films, I think Rogue One had the best. Each model was cool looking, played well, great display value, good mix of figures, etc. I feel The Force Awakens is in second place to me with some solid sets among a few mediocre ones. The Last Jedi stuff just seems to be an even more mixed bag. A lot of weirdness going on. Things that feel like rehashes yet are so different from the original they don't feel familiar... The "Where is Luke?" question again...  I have gut feeling though not to worry about it until we see the 2018 Winter Wave for TLJ. It seems Lego has used the time in-between the release of TFA up to now to release sets fixing the most obvious omissions of their initial set wave. I hope TLJ is getting a similar treatment, once we know more about the film we will get sets to complete what we lacked. 

If I were to pick any favorites though, that bomber is probably #1.

Haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't really judge.

TIEs are always great, and so many useful no-name minifigs everywhere. Some weird looking models, will have to wait and see.

45 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

Seriously I might as well just copy the "these sets aren't that great/underwhelming/disappointing/might just BL the figures/Ew this is soooo overpriced/LEGO is going downhill/Why does LEGO hate us/Why is this so important/The end is near" response and post it the second those images come out...

lol

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Please tell me that Resistance Pod is NOT $30 USD and is instead $25?

Though TBH it looks like the Phantom II's box size, which is insanely ridiculous.

DO NOT START WITH THE PRICING ARGUMENTS!  NO!

I think I'm going to have to see the movie before I can say whether I want any of these TLJ sets or not. The Scout Walker looks underwhelming in the leak but my impression might be different with the legs properly folded out. Kylo's Tie looks nice. Heavy Assault Walker & Finalizer are other sets I'd consider. If you're into army building you can't complain about the number of FO troopers you're getting if you collect these sets. Obvious minifig omissions include Luke and Phasma but I presume we'll see these in the Winter Wave.

Looking at the leaked list of Winter 2017 sets I'm disappointed it looks like there are no new Rebels sets coming out. It would be nice to see some support given that the final series is due out this year. Hopefully one of the exclusives is a Rebels set. 

Just now, TeufelHund said:

I think I'm going to have to see the movie before I can say whether I want any of these TLJ sets or not. The Scout Walker looks underwhelming in the leak but my impression might be different with the legs properly folded out. Kylo's Tie looks nice. Heavy Assault Walker & Finalizer are other sets I'd consider. If you're into army building you can't complain about the number of FO troopers you're getting if you collect these sets. Obvious minifig omissions include Luke and Phasma but I presume we'll see these in the Winter Wave.

Looking at the leaked list of Winter 2017 sets I'm disappointed it looks like there are no new Rebels sets coming out. It would be nice to see some support given that the final series is due out this year. Hopefully one of the exclusives is a Rebels set. 

I don't think its legs do fold out, it looks like they move like this:

strandbeest.gif

I love the look of Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter very much. It is definitely my favorite set of the wave. I do like the look of BB-8 as well. The First-Order AT-AT looks amazing too.

I'm not a big fan of the Resistance shuttle. It looks too much like the cockpit of the Resistance troop transport. The smaller First-Order walker looks interesting, but not amazing.

The resistance Bomber and the First-Order Star Destroyer are not bad, but I may get them when they go on sale.

For the buildable figures, I like the Chewbacca and Rey figures, however their head pieces have somethings that put them off a bit. Chewbaccas smile is a little odd looking, and Reys forehead looks too big. Her hairline should have been lowered a bit. The other two are just meh.

Overall, I like the look of this wave and will give a better opinion after seeing the movie.

Pretty beautiful sets. Shame I don't have the money for them.

A few observations:

1. No new part molds (barring minifigure/CCBS ones)
  2. The Resistance Transport Pod might contain spoilers for the movie in that it reveals a hidden function of the Troop Transport, where the cockpit can be jettisoned for escape if necessary. 
  3. The Heavy Scout Walker is modeled after Theo Jansen's "Strandbeest," in how it moves around. It is also a droid or remotely controlled as it has no pilot.
  4. Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter must have a deceptively large cockpit. The picture we've seen makes it look too small for Kylo to fit in there.
  5. As others have said, BB-8 is not labelled as UCS, yet it comes with a plaque and stand like all other UCS sets. I'm curious as to why this is still part of the normal wave. It's very un-LEGO, knowing their previous release patterns.
  6. The Resistance Bomber must have some sort of heavy Technic frame in the front to keep it from tipping backwards when standing up. The 6 black Zamor Spheres are obviously the bombs, but I can't seem to find the loading/dropping mechanism on this set.

6 hours ago, Mymaker123 said:

Apologies if we don't live up to your standards milord /s

What can't people be disappointed at all now?? :hmpf_bad:

Not everyone is going to like the things you like.

Any way about the wave itself now,it's underwhelming alright and that's good because I won't be wasting my money on it.Hopefully Lego will deliver in the winter wave.

22 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

As others have said, BB-8 is not labelled as UCS, yet it comes with a plaque and stand like all other UCS sets. I'm curious as to why this is still part of the normal wave. It's very un-LEGO, knowing their previous release patterns.

My guess is because it'd be so popular. UCS sets don't get sold in every store. A lot of kids probably would want it for the holidays, and Lego will probably sell a ton of it.

Have you noticed the different ankle mechanism on Gorila's legs? It really looks almost like it's supposed to climb somwhere - which at the same time seems funny for something AT-ATesque. Also the back cannon seems weird as it's view is blocked by the head.

The crabwalker is a very special thing, I am curious about how it is supposed to work. The profile seems to be high, yet low above the ground, seemingly negating any hypothetical advantage a "walker"  could have against wheeled / hover vehicles.

The rest is sufficiently star-warsy, but these two seem to be a bit strange. It's one of the problems I had with Ep VII too - some of the designs were fine (quad-jumper), some seemed to be very strange (troop transport exposing its weak side and largest profile while approaching and unloading or the other troop transport having its pilot above the profile in a tower asking to be shot at). I have even more mixed feelings with this wave. While I understand that things might look quite differently on the screen the walkers doesn't look that well while other models capture the mix of space-fantasy and WW2 outdated-yet-beautiful designs quite well.

Kylo's tie seems to be quite large, especially compared to say Tie-Advanced, it looks to be an interesting model. Wookiee looks like a thing from nightmares :), but humanoid CBS are just difficult to design (Obi Wan being an exception). Armored figures look well, I am curious about what role will the red-clad figure have in movies. All in all I will probably buy more sets from R1, I still do not have my Y-wing and Scarif sets.

Edited by faire

8 hours ago, Mymaker123 said:

User 1: man, X looks horrible. This whole wave is super underwhelming. I used to be a fan but now...

User 2: meh, X is alright, might get for figs. Wave is alright.

User 3: man, X is beautiful! Day 1 purchase for me.

ladies and gentlemen I give you the standard formula for whenever anything ever comes on this forum.

All of this, plus:

Movie is released:

User 1: Meh, X is totally inaccurate.

User 2: Meh, why did they make X instead of Y?

User 3: ZOMG, it's so accurate, best LEGO set EVER. 

20 minutes ago, rollermonkey said:

All of this, plus:

Movie is released:

Alright guys, I think it's time to close the page, 372 pages have just been perfectly summarized :laugh:

1 hour ago, rollermonkey said:

All of this, plus:

Movie is released:

And what about it? If you guys don't want to discuss your and others' opinions, nobody forces you to read or comment in a discussion thread :wink:

I personally really like the wave. I think the heavy scout walker will have to grow on me first, and I simply don't like its minifig selection, just minifigs we already had before (I wouldn't count Hux with Obi-Wan hair as "new").