Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

9 minutes ago, DarthPotato said:

I'm still curious about some of the unknown figures in the Freemaker sets. Maybe Zuckuss could be in one of those? Even if he's not in this wave, I'm still really happy that we're getting a battle pack with all named characters. Hopefully this becomes a continuing trend for the future.

Lego original content (stuff like Freemakers and Yoda Chronicle's) have been known to release new moulds so this is not only possible but likely with the new battle pack coming out!

Pretty disappointed in the lack of Zuckuss in the BP to be honest. Is it possible that maybe the BP is Freemaker-centric? Maybe there IS a possibility of Zuckuss showing up in a Freemaker set as stated above.  Not that it would make a difference in the quality of prints or anything but just an observation given Dengar's inclusion in the series.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

However, given how flexible and "squashable" the Rathtars are, I don't think a hard mold would work well. Also, it'd drive the price up crazily.

There is a very simple way of doing it and making it a reasonable set. Make a single round mold for the rathtar body with holes in which the "Dr. Strange" type-tentacles can be put in. I wouldnt be surprised if they do that and maybe it was just a blurry image. Maybe get rid of Chewie and 1 Guavian, bringing down the price to a regular set. (By looking at my profile pic, you can probably tell I really hope the set will be good!)

16 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

In stores.

Just took a look:

75166 Battle Pack - 2 FO Stormtroopers with some sort of shield, Flametrooper and officer in a vehicle.

75167 Battle Pack - Dengar, Bossk, IG88 and a droid 4-Lom? (looks like AP-5 from Rebels). Build is some sort of Speederbike.

75180 Rathtar Escape - Big playset (at least 2 times the size of Jakku/Takodana) with 6 minifigs (Han Solo, Chewbacca, an officer (?) and 3 Death Gang members. The build is to represent the Eravana interior. 

75178 Jakku Quadjumper - Big ship which looks just like in the movie/art books. Rey, Finn, BB-8, FO Stormtrooper and someone else (don't remember). 

75182 Republic Fighter Tank 
75183 Darth Vader Transformation

75187 (could have been another setnumber) was blacked out but is coming in the summer. 

Didn't have a good look at the Freemaker sets but they are the big ones of this wave. 

2017 Advent Calender - BB8 as santa, Unkar thug and OT Stormtrooper minifigs with an AT-ST build. 

Episode 8 will have at least 6 sets (were  blacked out).  

Overall the sets look good! You can say that there is nothing 'new' or exciting, but what we get looks way better than sets like Takodana, Jakku and FO Snowspeeder.

Do you have any info on the Ultimate Collectors Series?

This is what the Lego rathtar should look like, if the design used by the Lego Video Game is any indication:

2e4b443.jpg

Wasn't both the new rancor and dewback first shown in this animated style before release in real, physical form? I do realize that we have yet to see the bantha materialize in a kit yet... I remain hopeful that whatever brick built stand-in exists in these prelims because the new mold isn't ready.

Edited by darththeling
grammars

In memoriam of the Rathtar mold we aren't getting I will change my profile pic to a Rathtar. Considering this set was designed in 2016 its fair to say even this majestic blob of tentacles and teeth in plastic form could survive 2016. :innocent: (annoyed but this will be the last time I will bring it up until the release six months from now.)

In all seriousness we may be getting 4-LOM! We're getting a new Bossk! In the cheapest kind of set! That's incredible!

18 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

In stores.

Just took a look:

75166 Battle Pack - 2 FO Stormtroopers with some sort of shield, Flametrooper and officer in a vehicle.

75167 Battle Pack - Dengar, Bossk, IG88 and a droid 4-Lom? (looks like AP-5 from Rebels). Build is some sort of Speederbike.

75180 Rathtar Escape - Big playset (at least 2 times the size of Jakku/Takodana) with 6 minifigs (Han Solo, Chewbacca, an officer (?) and 3 Death Gang members. The build is to represent the Eravana interior. 

75178 Jakku Quadjumper - Big ship which looks just like in the movie/art books. Rey, Finn, BB-8, FO Stormtrooper and someone else (don't remember). 

75182 Republic Fighter Tank 
75183 Darth Vader Transformation

75187 (could have been another setnumber) was blacked out but is coming in the summer. 

Didn't have a good look at the Freemaker sets but they are the big ones of this wave. 

2017 Advent Calender - BB8 as santa, Unkar thug and OT Stormtrooper minifigs with an AT-ST build. 

Episode 8 will have at least 6 sets (were  blacked out).  

Overall the sets look good! You can say that there is nothing 'new' or exciting, but what we get looks way better than sets like Takodana, Jakku and FO Snowspeeder.

The Bounty Hunter BP is so refreshing for battle packs. One of them is definitely 4-LOM because he looks like AP-5 (which is an RA-7 protocol droid)... not sure how they will make it more like a LOM series droid using the same mould. I hope they will include a new head mould for 4-LOM.

75180 Rathtar Escape is definitely the inside of Eravana, not the MF, because that's where the scene took place. 

2017 Advent Calender - BB8 as santa - I hope it has a new print because I have at least 3 BB8 and it will be so disappointing if there's nothing new except a Santa hat on top of this droid. 

2 hours ago, MakeNLego said:

Do you have any info on the Ultimate Collectors Series?

They are not in retailer catalogues

1 hour ago, ChristopherLee said:

I for one am glad we aren't getting a molded Rathtar. That would've driven up the set's price considerably. 

Lowell Spheres. I just whipped one up super fast in fifteen minutes, not brilliant but the closest we're gonna get. 

-------

That'd be rather strange if 4-LOM ends up being a print on the Imperial Droid head. It wouldn't look right, 4-Loms head is more bulbous and cumbersome. 

I don't have a problem with the Rathtar being brickbuilt. Lego has done a fantastic job on other creatures such as Shelob in the past. Great to hear they're not holding back on the number of Guavians either. Can't wait to see what the actual build of the Eravana interior is like.

5 hours ago, DarthPotato said:

I'm still curious about some of the unknown figures in the Freemaker sets. Maybe Zuckuss could be in one of those? Even if he's not in this wave, I'm still really happy that we're getting a battle pack with all named characters. Hopefully this becomes a continuing trend for the future.

Definitely! There's so much potential with other Character Packs they could go with based on the Jedi, Jabba's Palace and Mos Eisley Cantina. Hopefully the Bounty Hunter set will be a big enough success to warrant more. :thumbup:

A Mos Eisly Cantina battle pack....oh my god if this has opened the flood gates. Okay everyone when the Bounty Hunter pack comes out make sure to buy ten. If Lego sees how successful they are then they'll decide to do more character packs. :moar:

7 hours ago, H3ssian said:

well they could cover both to a degree, as such many of the popular star wars figs are in large sets or in the case of the UCS SSD and the Death-star very large sets, so perhaps by bringing these figs out in battle packs but perhaps the printing is different, or they wont get the full arms printing treatment etc they can cover both markets... The hard-cores will want both, the young lad and people that just want them to get all the different personal from star wars can get the battle packs. food for thought... and sorry off topic 

Even the figs in the Death Star don't have dual molded printing or arm printing so I highly doubt it will in the Bounty Hunter BP.
They just don't do this kind of printing in the star wars theme except a few exception (Hello Boba Fett)

7 minutes ago, duboismerci said:

Even the figs in the Death Star don't have dual molded printing or arm printing so I highly doubt it will in the Bounty Hunter BP.
They just don't do this kind of printing in the star wars theme except a few exception (Hello Boba Fett)

What's dual molded printing?

8 minutes ago, TheRacker said:

Look up lego collectible figures, the more recent series, and you'll see tons of examples. Basically an arm or a leg have two separate colors that are molded together. It creates the appearance of either shorts or boots on legs and short sleeved shirts and gloved arms. 

16 minutes ago, Forresto said:

A Mos Eisly Cantina battle pack....oh my god if this has opened the flood gates. Okay everyone when the Bounty Hunter pack comes out make sure to buy ten. If Lego sees how successful they are then they'll decide to do more character packs. :moar:

You're onto something here. I hope we do get more aliens from the Chalmun's Cantina.  I made custom purist minifigures for them but I want to retire them as soon as we get this kind of battle packs. It can be a "scum and villainy" battle pack series.

Dissapointing news for Australians - the Landspeeder, A-Wing, Phantom and Desert Skiff won't be coming to retailers here. It really makes me wonder how much of the Summer wave we're actually going to see or if the Episode 8 wave is the best we can hope for. :sceptic:

I'll be very interested to the see the Bounty Hunter BP; and if the final versions of minifigures are in a 'cartoony' or OT style! 

I much prefer my minifigures to be the latter and still cringe at some of the 'clone wars' figures which were produced a few years ago, but that shows my age!   I'm surprised that LEGO are including named characters in such a small set (assuming they do!); if I recall correctly there's a restriction in their licence which prevents them from selling individual figures, hence why all previous battle packs have a small build included.  That should prevent them from ever releasing a 'CMF' SW line, but perhaps this is a way around that?

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Dissapointing news for Australians - the Landspeeder, A-Wing, Phantom and Desert Skiff won't be coming to retailers here. It really makes me wonder how much of the Summer wave we're actually going to see or if the Episode 8 wave is the best we can hope for. :sceptic:

Man that's crappy, some of the best sets of the bunch :/ I'm guessing it might be the same in New Zealand, Im yet to see any of those sets in stores here

2 hours ago, wesker said:

That is disappointing news!

2 hours ago, wesker said:

Awww shucks, the A-Wing was my most hyped set, I really liked the new Lando minifigure ... So I guess I'll have to buy it from Bricklink? :S

8 hours ago, Forresto said:
9 hours ago, TheRacker said:

Look up lego collectible figures, the more recent series, and you'll see tons of examples. Basically an arm or a leg have two separate colors that are molded together. It creates the appearance of either shorts or boots on legs and short sleeved shirts and gloved arms. 

Oh thank god someone finally confirmed my suspicion about this. Ever since getting the CMF Banana Guy I figured his arms were an example of this, but never got to confirm it and kept forgetting. Thanks for the answer.

5 minutes ago, MaxTube55 said:

Oh thank god someone finally confirmed my suspicion about this. Ever since getting the CMF Banana Guy I figured his arms were an example of this, but never got to confirm it and kept forgetting. Thanks for the answer.

No problem! It's actually to many of our consternation that the Star Wars theme hasn't gotten much if any (I can't think of any) dual molds and a lot of figures would benefit from this. Ackbar, Rebel troopers (they have short sleeves on their jackets that look like shoulder pads a little), General Calrissian (same as rebel trooper.), and grey pants with black boots should be mandatory on most Imperial Officer figures at least the named ones such as Tarkin. 

However that's for another thread.