hachiroku

[MOC] Naboo Royal Cruiser

Now as a Lego Ideas project!: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/144109/

Hi!

I was watching the Phantom Menace for millionth time (I like this movie, it's bad but I can't avoid this feeling) and decided to built a Naboo Cruiser.

I decided to make it like a set, with some playable features:

27198285445_d8123d423a_c.jpgNaboo Royal Cruiser by hachiroku24, en Flickr

(in this photo, I added digitally the noise and the film lens flare like in the movie. I'm glad with the result).

27129201031_922cd0a10f_c.jpgNaboo Rpyal Cruiser front/rear/side view by hachiroku24, en Flickr

27164755436_70463c23a9_c.jpgLanding gear and boarding ramp with locker by hachiroku24, en Flickr

27198288665_aa8c0d5ca1_c.jpgCockpit and droid deployment by hachiroku24, en Flickr

It looks small, but, actually, is a little longer and wider than the Millennium Falcon 17105.

Edited by hachiroku

Absolutely fantastic! I dislike the prequels but this thing is stunning. How many pieces did you use? And does it have an interior?

Fantastic ship!

Thanks!

Absolutely fantastic! I dislike the prequels but this thing is stunning. How many pieces did you use? And does it have an interior?

I can build something in the interior, but right now it's empty.

I guess it's around 400-500 bricks.

Edited by hachiroku

Nicely done, refreshingly different from the other SW ships. Is it done all grey or did you convert the photo to B&W?

Nicely done, refreshingly different from the other SW ships. Is it done all grey or did you convert the photo to B&W?

There are some yellow bricks in the "turbines".

Ok in my opinion, this is the single most underbuilt ship in the prequels -- probably due to the un-brickable curves :hmpf_bad: -- that's not just some obscure easter egg (right behind Zam Wessel's speeder). This is also my favorite prequel ship ( :wub: ) and you've captured it beautifully. Absolutely love the boarding ramp and landing gear, plus the droid compartment. Nicely done :thumbup:

Yes!

I was wondering if anyone could build this ship.

You've captured the smooth curves very well.

Anxious to see what you do for the interior!

Wow you did a phenomenal job on this ship. I also like ep. 1. It's my favorite of the prequels.

I'd absolutely buy this if it were sold as an official set, you did a great job capturing the shape. According to current cannon, Vader still owns this ship between ANH and ESB, so it's good to see that it lived on in good hands (relatively speaking, of course.)

This would have been a much more interesting set then yet another of Darth Maul's ships that we ended up getting a few years back. You have proven you don't need chrome silver to make this into not just a decent build but a fantastic one! Excellent work!

The ship looks pretty good! Although some of the angles on the ship looks totally off, but it's understandable since this is the best you can built because of the curvy lines on the source material.

I always wished they'd made this ship into a set, and made it full crome. It would be a thing of beauty. Also I love episode one as well as being a fan of the prequels, I hope in the future they will bring out more prequel sets and this to be one of them. I'm currently working on a gian speeder used by the naboo security forces, there are some interesting veichles to work with in TPM.

I like this movie, it's bad but I can't avoid this feeling

Same here :blush:

I'm still waiting for TLG to make this ship ! I like yours. This isn't common to build a Naboo cruiser, so any build is welcome, but your one is really good. I just find the landing geargs a bit too much simple.

I hope you will do something nice for the interior.

This is a really nice build.

Do you have a parts list or instructions on a build.

I would really like to build this!

No, I won't do instructions.

I think it's a very simple building. You can do reverse engineering on it :laugh:

Very well done and looks great, especially for having such a small piece count. I think it would look great on a flight-mode stand.

Edited by Schneeds