PenPlays

The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017)

7 hours ago, LegoRomania said:

When will be The Master short online?

It most likely won't. Odds are it will be a DVD extra on either the Storks movie, TLBM, or TLNM (I'm thinking the most former is the likeliest, to be honest).

18 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

It most likely won't. Odds are it will be a DVD extra on either the Storks movie, TLBM, or TLNM (I'm thinking the most former is the likeliest, to be honest).

It's pretty odd to have the short on the Storks movie, isn't it? It's not even relevant to Disney or Pixar. Do DVDs actually do that?

1 minute ago, gamejutzu said:

It's pretty odd to have the short on the Storks movie, isn't it? It's not even relevant to Disney or Pixar. Do DVDs actually do that?

Many times shorts that release with a movie will be contained on that movies home video release. Potentially it could be released with TLNM home video release too, but there's no reason it couldn't be released with Storks as both are WB properties.

7 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

It's pretty odd to have the short on the Storks movie, isn't it? It's not even relevant to Disney or Pixar.

Neither is Storks, so I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Guys, I found something! It's online, in five parts! Quite a good quality as well, for a camera job. :sweet:

Not sure if it is allowed to share here, so I'll just describe what I see and leave a link.

The September 2017 store calendar shows art style of Kai, Cole, Nya(?) and Wu. The Ninjago Movie ninja suits will have a quite a lot of black, with accents of their signature colours, as far as I can tell. Cole has a sleeveless gi. All of the ninja have a black hood, Cole's is decorated, Kai's has a red bandana, Nya's has a grey bandana. Wu is the same figure as the key chain. It seems like the ninja will have traditional basic weapons. Kai has two katana's, Nya has a spear (with a hook at the other end?), Cole has some kind of hammer, Wu has a good old fighting stick.

http://www.imgrum.net/media/1403034947001793196_3571853670

Seems like we will see some cool old-school ninja in this movie. :classic:

And people are still hating on them.. ah come on, if they were for the show they'd be saying they looked good. They're not even close-ups..:/ 

I think that they look cool. I like that they're varied. It makes them more distinguished.

On 13/12/2016 at 2:14 PM, GarmaFan said:

And people are still hating on them.. ah come on, if they were for the show they'd be saying they looked good. They're not even close-ups..:/ 

I think that they look cool. I like that they're varied. It makes them more distinguished.

If they were for the show I'd still hate them. Since it's a different property to the TV show, I'm fine with them doing whatever they want with this so long as it doesn't affect the show.

15 hours ago, Mandate said:

If they were for the show I'd still hate them. Since it's a different property to the TV show, I'm fine with them doing whatever they want with this so long as it doesn't affect the show.

Oh, well, that's fair. I admit, they do look kind of tacky.

Edited by GarmaFan

17 hours ago, Mandate said:

I'd say the only bad thing about these (from what I can see) are the masks. They look kind of sketchy in my opinion. The faces are a little strange too.

Yeah, that's what really ruins them for me. The facemasks don't really look ninja-like, they're too bulky. The torso printing I'm willing to wait on though.

Do you guys expect a teaser trailer soon - as in, less than a month - to be attached to Batman in theaters?

Edited by Puffle Pal26

9 hours ago, Puffle Pal26 said:

Do you guys expect a teaser trailer soon - as in, less than a month - to be attached to Batman in theaters?

I've surprised we haven't gotten one yet, so.. that sounds like a good bet.

9 hours ago, Puffle Pal26 said:

Assuming we haven't seen anything before then, I would be extremely surprised if we didn't get a trailer attached to Batman. After all, presumably the main reason we haven't gotten any trailers so far is to avoid causing any confusion or distraction from the imminent release of the Batman movie, so after that's released there shouldn't be anything preventing the release of further information.

If the studio is still sticking to the September 22, 2017 release date then we should see the trailer soon because it's only 8 months before the movie.

The LEGO Movie had its first trailer with only a little less than 8 months before its release date while The LEGO Batman Movie has a lead time of about 10 months.

3 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I don't get why they don't just delay it to next year? Seems silly having two LEGO movies in one year.

They've already delayed it one year—it and the accompanying Lego sets were originally slated for last year. I could see delaying it again if the movie weren't ready, but if it's at or near completion I don't know if it makes sense for Lego and Warner Bros. to just sit on it for another year. Also, another delay would necessitate yet another "filler" wave of sets and story for the Ninjago theme to take the place of the movie sets, which could have a substantial impact on Lego's projected sales for 2017.

In the words of Robin, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh." Did not expect to see this today!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

In the words of Robin, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh." Did not expect to see this today!!!!!!

I know, right! :excited: The background city looks AMAZING!

Based on the box placeholder, it appears that there will be 20 unique minifigures in the Ninjago Movie CMF series just like in the Batman LEGO Movie CMF series.