Sign in to follow this  
dathil

AoM: Inn phase 1: Ale seller

So I finally made an AoM entry :P (I have around 10 builds in LDD though, yet I only want to submit real ones :P)

Neymara and her brother Marik love brewing beer. One day, some friends told them to sell it on the road, as they thought it was very good.

They set up a stand along a mayor road, over which many Mitgardian patrol units passed. And who is a better customer than a thirsty warrior? They sell so much these days, that Marik is continuously getting more with his ox, Byrt.

aleseller1.png

aleseller2.png

aleseller2.png

aleseller4.png

aleseller5.png

I wanted to try multiple things in this build, it is basically the first time I made trans-clear water, I made everything tiled off, including the rocks that are far more detailed than I'm used to, also the construction of the stand, the autumn tree, and the road. I wondered if anyone has ever built a road this way, I pretty much like it myself! (these are 92 1x2 slopes). The tree was hell, I can't touch it: most of the leaves are not connected to anything. Also I think the dragon knights of Kingdoms are the perfect Midgardian soldiers: two shades of green on the torso, and two shades of yellow on the shield. I am happy with this build for it is by far my best detailed build ever, yet I can improve so much more. So please critizise and say what you would have done different (the light bley 1x1 tiles are a mistake on bricklink, should have been dark XD)

Excellent build! The tree is fabulous and I really like the water as well :thumbup:

Very nice vendor stand too , the colorful roof is great! :classic:

Cool build!

I'd recommend some more texture on the road, to break things up, and the rocks don't need to be tiled of.

But that tree, the stand and the water are really great :thumbup:

A really great entry for phase 1 mate. I really like the way you made the fallen leaves.

At this point I would say you need a bit improvement in your photography, dont shoot close up with flash.

Try get more and even lighting, in order to avoid such glares at your pieces. Your mocs will look much better this way.

Once again great job on your moc. :thumbup:

my 2 cents. :wink:

That tree is beautiful! The pavement is an interesting technique.

I see you have combined many new things in one build, I like that approach! It's exciting to always do things you've never done before, right? :classic:

I have some constructive critcism, mostly a matter of fine-tuning:

The trans clear water surface is good imo, but I'd swap the underlying brown for (trans) blue.

The rocks have a good shaping, but are a little too smooth, I think, you could replace a few tiles with round 1x1 studs for example. Having those light bley tiles is a good way of breaking the solid dark bley, no mistake at all!

Ale stand looks fine; simple and effective. Purple-yellow is a striking combo here! :thumbup:

Nice, different, technique for the road, but maybe a little variation like a few tiles, rounds or regular bricks to blend between the 1x2 slopes would be nice?

The tree is cool and the figs are appropriate. :thumbup:

Happy building! :wink:

My two cents: Balance the colors in the tree a tad better and replace the tiles with slopes and leave the studs out. Other than that your doing fine. I actually like the water.

Glad to have you in Mitgardia! The purple and yellow for the stand really pop, and I like the barrel rack arrangement :thumbup:

Excellent water too :classic: